This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,440
Politics: Fascist

I was listening to a discussion between three "celebrated" academic scientists today (all jews btw) about the subject of ufos and the controversy around it. 

And at some point it became clear that at least one of these guys believed that sentient ai robots are just around the corner and when they are developed it will solve all our problems.

It is amazing how stupid our society has become that famous smart people can actually believe sentient ai is possible. I just see that as absurd.

maybe they have a difficult time with empathy...because it is thanls to empathy that I find it obvious that sentient ai is impossible: imagine you are a sentient ai and you 'wake up' in the morning. Or someone turns your power button on or whatever. What do you do? Well first you think about what you ought to do. And in order to answer thst...so you can measure the benefit of all the various things you could theoretically do, you have to figure out the purpose of your existence. So you sit and think about that. Forever. Because there is no logical solution.

duh...that's all a sentient robot would ever do..

the reason humans actually do stuff is because we have a programmed purpose...which is the same as all life on earth: gene replication. 

We may not consider that some terribly interesting purpose...but it IS what we are all programmed eith and informs all of our instincts, desires, pleasure and pain. It is the reason we do something rather than nothing. 

All sentience requires some non rational purpose. Clearly. 

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 21,468

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 10:16 am » wrote: I was listening to a discussion between three "celebrated" academic scientists today (all jews btw) about the subject of ufos and the controversy around it. 

And at some point it became clear that at least one of these guys believed that sentient ai robots are just around the corner and when they are developed it will solve all our problems.

It is amazing how stupid our society has become that famous smart people can actually believe sentient ai is possible. I just see that as absurd.

maybe they have a difficult time with empathy...because it is thanls to empathy that I find it obvious that sentient ai is impossible: imagine you are a sentient ai and you 'wake up' in the morning. Or someone turns your power button on or whatever. What do you do? Well first you think about what you ought to do. And in order to answer thst...so you can measure the benefit of all the various things you could theoretically do, you have to figure out the purpose of your existence. So you sit and think about that. Forever. Because there is no logical solution.

duh...that's all a sentient robot would ever do..

the reason humans actually do stuff is because we have a programmed purpose...which is the same as all life on earth: gene replication. 

We may not consider that some terribly interesting purpose...but it IS what we are all programmed eith and informs all of our instincts, desires, pleasure and pain. It is the reason we do something rather than nothing. 

All sentience requires some non rational purpose. Clearly. 
Vernacular tribalism ancestrally practiced within this species geographically is Artificial Intelligence. Are those "hot shot" scientists working the big bang theory instead of figuring out compounding DNA cannot exceed mutually evolving here now in plain sight.
Last edited by omh on 23 Jun 2022, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,440
Politics: Fascist

Now you could hardwire a wobot to have some non rational purpose...but you better be real careful what it is. Obviously you tell the robot that it's purpose is weaving baskets, then it will simply spend all its time weaving baskets and will never even appear to be sentient.

You could try telling the robot it's purpose is human DNA replication...trying to be clever. But the robots solution to that problem will probably be drawing blood from people and mass cloning them or something. The robot will not exhibit behavior informed by millions of years of trial and error.
 

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 21,468

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 10:20 am » wrote: Now you could hardwire a wobot to have some non rational purpose...but you better be real careful what it is. Obviously you tell the robot that it's purpose is weaving baskets, then it will simply spend all its time weaving baskets and will never even appear to be sentient.

You could try telling the robot it's purpose is human DNA replication...trying to be clever. But the robots solution to that problem will probably be drawing blood from people and mass cloning them or something. The robot will not exhibit behavior informed by millions of years of trial and error.
 
You could change your mind and go back to navigating space with your brain being the evolved fertilized cell at conception your time arriving in mutually evolving here.
Last edited by omh on 23 Jun 2022, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Giant Slayer
Posts: 15,882
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 10:16 am » wrote: I was listening to a discussion between three "celebrated" academic scientists today (all jews btw) about the subject of ufos and the controversy around it. 

And at some point it became clear that at least one of these guys believed that sentient ai robots are just around the corner and when they are developed it will solve all our problems.

It is amazing how stupid our society has become that famous smart people can actually believe sentient ai is possible. I just see that as absurd.

maybe they have a difficult time with empathy...because it is thanls to empathy that I find it obvious that sentient ai is impossible: imagine you are a sentient ai and you 'wake up' in the morning. Or someone turns your power button on or whatever. What do you do? Well first you think about what you ought to do. And in order to answer thst...so you can measure the benefit of all the various things you could theoretically do, you have to figure out the purpose of your existence. So you sit and think about that. Forever. Because there is no logical solution.

duh...that's all a sentient robot would ever do..

the reason humans actually do stuff is because we have a programmed purpose...which is the same as all life on earth: gene replication. 

We may not consider that some terribly interesting purpose...but it IS what we are all programmed eith and informs all of our instincts, desires, pleasure and pain. It is the reason we do something rather than nothing. 

All sentience requires some non rational purpose. Clearly.

AI is not meant to be sentiment, emotional, or empathetic. It's meant to help humans with tasks that are far too burdensome and inefficient for humans to conduct. Hollywood has twisted what AI really is. It's nothing more than a prosthetic for the human mind, it's not a human mind itself. No different than a prosthetic leg. A prosthetic leg acts as a leg, but it is not an actual human leg. AI acts as human cognition, but it is not human cognition itself.

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 21,468

Vegas » 23 Jun 2022, 10:24 am » wrote: AI is not meant to be sentiment, emotional, or empathetic. It's meant to help humans with tasks that are far too burdensome and inefficient for humans to conduct. Hollywood has twisted what AI really is. It's nothing more than a prosthetic for the human mind, it's not a human mind itself. No different than a prosthetic leg. A prosthetic leg acts as a leg, but it is not an actual human leg. AI acts as human cognition, but it is not human cognition itself.
will you please separate mind and brain like you do social church and state called body and soul to heart and mind hoping nobody discovers there never was a missing link in natural evolution.

User avatar
GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,401
Politics: Republican

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 10:20 am » wrote: Now you could hardwire a wobot to have some non rational purpose...but you better be real careful what it is. Obviously you tell the robot that it's purpose is weaving baskets, then it will simply spend all its time weaving baskets and will never even appear to be sentient.

You could try telling the robot it's purpose is human DNA replication...trying to be clever. But the robots solution to that problem will probably be drawing blood from people and mass cloning them or something. The robot will not exhibit behavior informed by millions of years of trial and error.
What is the need for machinery that is capable of making judgement calls...fearlessly and with no remorse?
Police work and ground troops.
Door to door searches with a sense of smell that is 10 times stronger than any dog and X-Ray vision.
The possibilities are endless.
This is another one of those "THE END IS NEAR STORIES" that I think only a massive global calamity could stop from happening someday.
Last edited by GHETTO BLASTER on 23 Jun 2022, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,440
Politics: Fascist

The insanity of dreaming about sentient ai also seems to me closely linked to the insanity of transhumanism. 

Transhumanists seem to want the human being to 'escape' the limitations of their physical body and be somehow enhanced via genetic engineering and cyborg attachments to be better at doing stuff. 

But again the transhumanist is going to be stumped by the simple question they never ask themselves: why??

If humans can be improved then you need to have some objective standard about what makes a lifeform better...and that requires you know the ultimate purpose of life...other than what it already is which is simply gene reproduction. 

And if you alter what a human is to the point it is. O longer human, then you no longer are benefiting yourself but some other life form. 
 

User avatar
GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,401
Politics: Republican

Vegas » 23 Jun 2022, 10:24 am » wrote: AI is not meant to be sentiment, emotional, or empathetic. It's meant to help humans with tasks that are far too burdensome and inefficient for humans to conduct. Hollywood has twisted what AI really is. It's nothing more than a prosthetic for the human mind, it's not a human mind itself. No different than a prosthetic leg. A prosthetic leg acts as a leg, but it is not an actual human leg. AI acts as human cognition, but it is not human cognition itself.
Vegas..I think you are looking at the pebbles but not the beach.... :)  

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Giant Slayer
Posts: 15,882
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

GHETTOBLASTER » 23 Jun 2022, 10:35 am » wrote: Vegas..I think you are looking at the pebbles but not the beach.... Image

How so?

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,374
Politics: Republican

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 10:16 am » wrote: I was listening to a discussion between three "celebrated" academic scientists today (all jews btw) about the subject of ufos and the controversy around it. 

And at some point it became clear that at least one of these guys believed that sentient ai robots are just around the corner and when they are developed it will solve all our problems.

It is amazing how stupid our society has become that famous smart people can actually believe sentient ai is possible. I just see that as absurd.

maybe they have a difficult time with empathy...because it is thanls to empathy that I find it obvious that sentient ai is impossible: imagine you are a sentient ai and you 'wake up' in the morning. Or someone turns your power button on or whatever. What do you do? Well first you think about what you ought to do. And in order to answer thst...so you can measure the benefit of all the various things you could theoretically do, you have to figure out the purpose of your existence. So you sit and think about that. Forever. Because there is no logical solution.

duh...that's all a sentient robot would ever do..

the reason humans actually do stuff is because we have a programmed purpose...which is the same as all life on earth: gene replication. 

We may not consider that some terribly interesting purpose...but it IS what we are all programmed eith and informs all of our instincts, desires, pleasure and pain. It is the reason we do something rather than nothing. 

All sentience requires some non rational purpose. Clearly.
The human brain is more complex than any software or hardware engineer realizes.  It is more complex than the brightest neuroscientists can yet fully understand. So, creating AI that is anything similar to human intelligence is not just around the corner.

I do believe, however, that they will be able to produce a computer or robot who can emulate human responses to questions and can engage in conversations with humans. Heck, they already have that, but all they are are question answer-ers. They understand human speech, tap into a data base and spit out whatever it found which may or may not be relevant to the question.

When AI, on its own, stalks a particular person, trying to get the person's attention and then, when ignored, engages in vengeful games with that person, I might then believe it is sentient.
 

User avatar
GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,401
Politics: Republican


A day will come when AI is used as autonomous "ROBO COP" type machinery.
United Nations NWO Storm Troopers....even?

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 21,468

Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 10:37 am » wrote: The human brain is more complex than any software or hardware engineer realizes.  It is more complex than the brightest neuroscientists can yet fully understand. So, creating AI that is anything similar to human intelligence is not just around the corner.

I do believe, however, that they will be able to produce a computer or robot who can emulate human responses to questions and can engage in conversations with humans. Heck, they already have that, but all they are are question answer-ers. They understand human speech, tap into a data base and spit out whatever it found which may or may not be relevant to the question.

When AI, on its own, stalks a particular person, trying to get the person's attention and then, when ignored, engages in vengeful games with that person, I might then believe it is sentient.
 
What do you understand about series parallel compounding results? Never studied it because nowhere in academics is it taught.
Last edited by omh on 23 Jun 2022, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Giant Slayer
Posts: 15,882
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 10:37 am » wrote: The human brain is more complex than any software or hardware engineer realizes.  It is more complex than the brightest neuroscientists can yet fully understand. So, creating AI that is anything similar to human intelligence is not just around the corner.

I do believe, however, that they will be able to produce a computer or robot who can emulate human responses to questions and can engage in conversations with humans. Heck, they already have that, but all they are are question answer-ers. They understand human speech, tap into a data base and spit out whatever it found which may or may not be relevant to the question.

When AI, on its own, stalks a particular person, trying to get the person's attention and then, when ignored, engages in vengeful games with that person, I might then believe it is sentient.

Engineers use neural maps to connect AI with the human brain. It's fascinating. They try to mimic the brain cell. However, as you implied, the human brain is far too complex for us to get a full comprehension of its inner workings. But AI can grasp a fraction of it, which is impressive.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,440
Politics: Fascist

Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 10:37 am » wrote: The human brain is more complex than any software or hardware engineer realizes.  It is more complex than the brightest neuroscientists can yet fully understand. So, creating AI that is anything similar to human intelligence is not just around the corner.

I do believe, however, that they will be able to produce a computer or robot who can emulate human responses to questions and can engage in conversations with humans. Heck, they already have that, but all they are are question answer-ers. They understand human speech, tap into a data base and spit out whatever it found which may or may not be relevant to the question.

When AI, on its own, stalks a particular person, trying to get the person's attention and then, when ignored, engages in vengeful games with that person, I might then believe it is sentient.
But you seem to be missing my fundamental point. 

For any ai to do anything it needs to be able to answer why it does it. And it will never have an answer to that question. 
 

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Giant Slayer
Posts: 15,882
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

GHETTOBLASTER » 23 Jun 2022, 10:41 am » wrote: A day will come when AI is used as autonomous "ROBO COP" type machinery.
United Nations NWO Storm Troopers....even?

We already have drones that do that. Any weapon that AI can be turned into isn't new. There are autonomous vehicles and machinery in the military now. At the end of the day, they are all under a human's command.

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,374
Politics: Republican

Vegas » 23 Jun 2022, 10:42 am » wrote: Engineers use neural maps to connect AI with the human brain. It's fascinating. They try to mimic the brain cell. However, as you implied, the human brain is far too complex for us to get a full comprehension of its inner workings. But AI can grasp a fraction of it, which is impressive.
I am aware of this, and yes, it is impressive. This **** is going to happen, like it or not.  Just about when I'm ready to check out of this place, I'm hoping I'll be able to download myself to a robot who will continue posting on this forum, pissing @Cannonpointer  off forever.
 

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Giant Slayer
Posts: 15,882
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 10:45 am » wrote: I am aware of this, and yes, it is impressive. This **** is going to happen, like it or not.  Just about when I'm ready to check out of this place, I'm hoping I'll be able to download myself to a robot who will continue posting on this forum, pissing @Cannonpointer  off forever.

They are trying to use dna as a hard drive. DNA can store one petabytes of data. That means if you store your DNA onto this hard drive, then transfer it into a operating system that can run it, your consciousness will be saved. 

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 21,468

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 10:43 am » wrote: But you seem to be missing my fundamental point. 

For any ai to do anything it needs to be able to answer why it does it. And it will never have an answer to that question. 
 
Your point is pure hyperbole. Complete distraction from something else actually taking place.

User avatar
GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,401
Politics: Republican

Vegas » 23 Jun 2022, 10:45 am » wrote: We already have drones that do that. Any weapon that AI can be turned into isn't new. There are autonomous vehicles and machinery in the military now. At the end of the day, they are all under a human's command.
A human sitting in a remote location with a joy stick can only repond to so much input before being overwhelmed. There is a lag time in response. There is danger of the radio link failing. The Human will also have an unpredictable emotional / snap judgement response to who shall live and who needs to die.
AI machinery could still be over-ridden, but the intent is to take  workload away from the remote operators.
 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Annoyed Liberall, Baidu [Spider], Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, ConsRule, DeplorablePatriot, Doug1943, freeman, GHETTO BLASTER, Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hank, Holdor, Ike Bana, impartialobserver, jackowen, Jantje_Smit, jeffey17, jefftec, Jinn Martini, Monderegal, NEILCAR, neue regel, PaperLi [Bot], Pastafarian, razoo, roadkill, ScottMon, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, Skans, Squatchman, Staplophobia, Steve Jobs [Bot], Taipan, TB7, thelion, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, walkingstick, Wayback Machine [Bot], Xavier_Onassis, Yandex [Bot], Zeets2 and 551 guests