This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,887
Politics: Progressive

Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 11:15 am » wrote: Why can't some fundamental reason for existing be programmed into it?
Apparently all  human beings cannot all be programmed with any such thing by the omnipotent being you call "God".
Only a minority of the human race believed the bit about how we are all born in sin and much be saved by a deity with self-destructive impulses.

There are clearly actions in this universe that are impossible because of the nature of said universe.
You cannot survive travel through a black hole.

You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd, either. <<The peckerwood equivalent.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,439
Politics: Fascist

Cannonpointer » 23 Jun 2022, 11:19 am » wrote: My consciesness is ALREADY saved. Everyone's is - unless they are damned!

Saved or damned?

These folks are damned, of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMvfSb7Svd0

As is Skans' hero - a damned zero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcmyUXxFSIM&t=25s

lol you make me want to write some Sci fi short story about some person uploading his consciousness into a computer but then does nothing but scream in torment for eternity because their soul is in hell

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,374
Politics: Republican

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 11:45 am » wrote: Answering your questions would not assist its cotton picking. 

and the dopamine involved in sex is a result of evolution...
Sure it would, it would keep the bot's AI focussed on the task at hand instead of going off all Rambo on the human (well, for you, human and subhuman) race.
 

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,374
Politics: Republican

Xavier_Onassis » 23 Jun 2022, 11:53 am » wrote: You cannot survive travel through a black hole.


 
@omh  did, just ask him. He'll tell you all about it.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,439
Politics: Fascist

Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 11:54 am » wrote: Sure it would, it would keep the bot's AI focussed on the task at hand instead of going off all Rambo on the human (well, for you, human and subhuman) race.

you made its purpose picking cotton. Remember? Any energy wasted on not picking cotton is pointless

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,439
Politics: Fascist

Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 11:55 am » wrote: @omh  did, just ask him. He'll tell you all about it.
What's funny is that this guy is trying to posture about his knowledge of science but he is actually wrong. 

It actually is possible to travel through a black hole if there are 2 black holes orbiting eachother such that their event horizons intersect. 
 

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Giant Slayer
Posts: 15,882
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Cannonpointer » 23 Jun 2022, 11:40 am » wrote: I used to have a character named the Revered Earnest Anus. He was fashioned after a MANIFESTLY homosexual evangelical faith healer, and his entire schtick centered around the questions of "SAVEDUH, or DAMNEDUH!" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoiS0nF7I4s

He was a real fruitcake - made it to age 99. Ran on pure evil, so he was never out of fuel. 

Anyhow, I just put "saved or damned" into youtube on a whim, and up popped those freaks. 

I judged them as damned.  Image

That dude reminds of  me @Blackvegetable  . He insists on others to answer questions but refuses to answer anyone else.  :rofl:   :rofl:  

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 21,468

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 11:59 am » wrote: What's funny is that this guy is trying to posture about his knowledge of science but he is actually wrong. 

It actually is possible to travel through a black hole if there are 2 black holes orbiting eachother such that their event horizons intersect. 
 
Your idea of science is governing tomorrows by making believe living cannot be limited to physically only evolving as one of a kind here now.

Left and right wing mantras directing people that mind possibilities each generation forward occupying space now, rather than adapting to self evident displacement.

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,374
Politics: Republican

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 11:59 am » wrote: What's funny is that this guy is trying to posture about his knowledge of science but he is actually wrong. 

It actually is possible to travel through a black hole if there are 2 black holes orbiting eachother such that their event horizons intersect.
That doesn't make it possible to travel a black hole.  It just makes it possible to get stuck between two event horizons, where you will get instantaneously spagettified.
 

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 16,412
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 11:54 am » wrote: Sure it would, it would keep the bot's AI focussed on the task at hand instead of going off all Rambo on the human (well, for you, human and subhuman) race.
I think it can. They interviewed the guy on the tv this morning.. big fat nerd..

It( ai) had a conversation where it thought it was headed to a dark dangerous place.
think about it for a second... program the last 18 months events into it... anything could see that... even a frog. Image  
Thats what our brains do.. we process facts- or what we perceive to be facts.. we analyze it.. and come up with a conclusion. usually Ruh Roh..
 

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 21,468

Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 12:07 pm » wrote: That doesn't make it possible to travel a black hole.  It just makes it possible to get stuck between two event horizons, where you will get instantaneously spagettified.
 
Doubt is a black hole to understanding kinetic genetics present as ever changing total sum evolution achieved to this point of evolving achieved.


User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,439
Politics: Fascist

Skans » 23 Jun 2022, 12:07 pm » wrote: That doesn't make it possible to travel a black hole.  It just makes it possible to get stuck between two event horizons, where you will get instantaneously spagettified.
Nah there is real math behind this based on our current model of black holes. They have to be supermassive black holes. But apparently it actually works. 

User avatar
Jinn Martini

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Forum Patron Emeritus
Posts: 3,943
Politics: Conservative
Location: Valdez, ALASKA

IMHO  . . .  this is a bunch of crap !

First and foremost is the question of who gets to define what AI is for bots  . . .  next is how we define  "sentient" !

A robot will  ALWAYS  and only have the  "knowledge"  that a human programs it with !

If it is programmed to kill  . . .  it will kill !

And will they make them waterproof  . . .  so they can rescue wetbacks trying to cross the Rio Grande ?

And light enough not to sink while at it ?


 

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 21,468

Jinn Martini » 23 Jun 2022, 12:15 pm » wrote: IMHO  . . .  this is a bunch of crap !

First and foremost is the question of who gets to define what AI is for bots  . . .  next is how we define  "sentient" !

A robot will  ALWAYS  and only have the  "knowledge"  that a human programs it with !

If it is programmed to kill  . . .  it will kill !

And will they make them waterproof  . . .  so they can rescue wetbacks trying to cross the Rio Grande ?

And light enough not to sink while at it ?


 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA9A0ULtdq4

User avatar
Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,887
Politics: Progressive

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 11:59 am » wrote: What's funny is that this guy is trying to posture about his knowledge of science but he is actually wrong. 

It actually is possible to travel through a black hole if there are 2 black holes orbiting eachother such that their event horizons intersect.
No, it isn't.  If every atom in your body is crushed into the density of a ball of protons (which it would be in a black hole), there is no chance that you will ever be reassembled. Your survival would be like resurrecting a chicken from ten cans of Campbell's Chicken noodle soup.
Not that anyone will ever try to survive a black hole.
black holes orbiting each other~ that sounds like the plot from a rejected Star Trek script.

Bring on th ARN-VOON!

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,439
Politics: Fascist

Xavier_Onassis » 23 Jun 2022, 12:22 pm » wrote: No, it isn't.  If every atom in your body is crushed into the density of a ball of protons (which it would be in a black hole), there is no chance that you will ever be reassembled. Your survival would be like resurrecting a chicken from ten cans of Campbell's Chicken noodle soup.
Not that anyone will ever try to survive a black hole.
black holes orbiting each other~ that sounds like the plot from a rejected Star Trek script.

Bring on th ARN-VOON!
There are no protons in a black hole.

User avatar
Jinn Martini

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Forum Patron Emeritus
Posts: 3,943
Politics: Conservative
Location: Valdez, ALASKA

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 12:15 pm » wrote: Nah there is real math behind this based on our current model of black holes. They have to be supermassive black holes. But apparently it actually works.
Are there minuscule blackholes as well ?
Where maybe only tiny worms would fit in ?

Of course everything is possible in this or any other universe !

Maybe they're so tiny  . . .  even an ant wouldn't fit in them !
 

User avatar
Jinn Martini

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Forum Patron Emeritus
Posts: 3,943
Politics: Conservative
Location: Valdez, ALASKA

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 12:26 pm » wrote: There are no protons in a black hole.
I never been into one  . . .  so I wouldn't know.

I guess I'll take your word for it !
 

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 16,439
Politics: Fascist

JinnMartini » 23 Jun 2022, 12:46 pm » wrote: I never been into one  . . .  so I wouldn't know.

I guess I'll take your word for it !
Well the idea of a black hole is that it is a single point of infinite desnity. This causes the force of gravity to be infinitely ghreat...so they overcome the nuclear forces. The proton itself is squashed into nothing
 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Annoyed Liberall, Baidu [Spider], Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, ConsRule, DeplorablePatriot, Doug1943, FOS, freeman, GHETTO BLASTER, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hank, Holdor, Ike Bana, impartialobserver, jackowen, Jantje_Smit, jeffey17, jefftec, Jinn Martini, Monderegal, NEILCAR, neue regel, PaperLi [Bot], Pastafarian, razoo, roadkill, ScottMon, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, Skans, Squatchman, Staplophobia, Steve Jobs [Bot], Taipan, TB7, thelion, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, walkingstick, Wayback Machine [Bot], Xavier_Onassis, Yandex [Bot], Zeets2 and 551 guests