This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Holdor

Share      Unread post

Rainbows and Unicorns have been Banned in Florida?

B.See

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Holdor » 14 Jul 2022, 3:06 pm » wrote: Rainbows and Unicorns have been Banned in Florida?
lol. Wouldn't be surprised if it actually CAME to that, Holder. Of course DeSantis, his fascist sycophants, and the other MAGAS would no doubt have to take it up with their god (certainly not MINE) should he have the audacity to display a rainbow after a rain shower.

The article Florida County Bans Rainbows In Classroom After ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Law Takes Effect states the following:

On Friday, Florida’s Parental Rights in Education law, dubbed “Don’t Say Gay” by critics, officially went into effect.

The law, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Florida) in March, restricts education on sexual orientation on gender identity for children in kindergarten through third grade, with the intention of allowing parents to have control over when that discussion takes place with their kids. Lawmakers who supported the implementation of the bill also made it clear that it would not restrict anyone in the classroom from talking about their own LGBTQ families or questions pertaining to LGBTQ history.

Though supporters of the law have made that distinction, school districts across Florida have begun to roll out restrictions to comply with or elaborate on the bill.

The Orange County Classroom Teachers Association accused school officials of verbally telling educators that they will no longer be able to wear rainbow clothing and that photos of same-sex photos in the classroom will no longer be allowed.

The district confirmed that a conversation with teachers had been held.

“We talked about this from the beginning,” State Rep. Carlos Smith (D) said. “What’s happening right now — with the censorship of rainbow flags and school districts preparing to basically push LGBTQ students and teachers into the closet — is exactly what we said would happen with the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ law.”Other critics have voiced similar concerns that the language is too broad and school districts will interpret it to the extremes.

B.See

Share      Unread post

Seattle man faces hate crime charge after he's accused of threatening Rep. Pramila Jayapal

A Seattle man faces a hate crime charge after he was accused of yelling racist threats outside the home of Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., while he was packing a handgun.

Brett Allen Forsell, 48, was ordered held in lieu of $500,000 bail after he was arrested in King County near Jayapal's home late Saturday.

Prosecutors have said that probable cause was found for a hate crime and that they could make a charging decision as soon as Wednesday. A neighbor told police that the suspect had been yelling "go back to India" and "I'm going to kill you," according to court filings.

Florida Man Pulls Assault Rifle on Black Landscapers for Parking Trailer Across the Street from His Property

On July 7, a Clearwater man with a criminal history pulled an AR-15 style assault rifle on a Black father and his daughter who were landscaping a lawn across the street from him, in a video that has gone viral on social media.

Jeremy Lee, the landscaper, shared the video footage in a post on Facebook. In the video, David H. Berry of Fat Finger Construction is seen holding the rifle and yelling at Jeremy, while his daughter Carrie Lee films the interaction.

MEANWHILE MORE HATE, INTOLERANCE, INTIMIDATION, AND RIGHT WINGED TERRORISM:

House Republicans All Vote Against Neo-Nazi Probe of Military, Police

Boeing, GM, FedEx: these are as complicit as the far right in threatening US democracy | Robert Reich | The Guardian

Video Shows Hospital Security Guards Tackling Black Patient They Allegedly Thought Was Stealing Cars | HuffPost Latest News

B.See

Share      Unread post

FOS » 27 Jul 2022, 1:51 am » wrote: what's wrong with the nsdap?
From the point of view of racists, nazis white supremacists, and fascists, nothing I'd imagine.

From the viewpoint of a country that has learned the lessons American has YET to learn, Germany’s Laws on Antisemitic Hate Speech and Holocaust Denial

and from the viewpoint of those in America who envision a diversified, inclusive America, PLENTY.

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

B.See » 27 Jul 2022, 11:50 pm » wrote: From the point of view of racists, nazis white supremacists, and fascists, nothing I'd imagine.

From the viewpoint of a country that has learned the lessons American has YET to learn, Germany’s Laws on Antisemitic Hate Speech and Holocaust Denial

and from the viewpoint of those in America who envision a diversified, inclusive America, PLENTY.

i bet you dont care when non white races care about their survival and prosperity. IN fact, you probably desperately want black people to prosper. And you dont call that racism. Why the double standard?

B.See

Share      Unread post

FOS » 27 Jul 2022, 11:53 pm » wrote: i bet you dont care when non white races care about their survival and prosperity. IN fact, you probably desperately want black people to prosper. And you dont call that racism. Why the double standard?
There's a difference between wanting people (of all races) to prosper, and setting out to deliberately engage in hateful, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, homophobic, anti-semitic rhetoric and acts of violence.

And I think MOST people know that.

FOS

Share      Unread post

B.See » 28 Jul 2022, 12:02 am » wrote: There's a difference between wanting people (of all races) to prosper, and setting out to deliberately engage in hateful, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, homophobic, anti-semitic rhetoric and acts of violence.

And I think MOST people know that.

hang on...your problem with the NSDAP is because you think they said mean things? first of all thats quite petty. Second, i dont even know what they said that was mean. But you seem to be agreeing that you have no ideological issue with the NSDAP...you just dont like people to be rude...correct?

B.See

Share      Unread post

FOS » 28 Jul 2022, 1:03 am » wrote: hang on...your problem with the NSDAP is because you think they said mean things? first of all thats quite petty. Second, i dont even know what they said that was mean. But you seem to be agreeing that you have no ideological issue with the NSDAP...you just dont like people to be rude...correct?
The problem I and MANY have with Nazis goes WAY beyond you're assertion that they've only  "said mean things." 

Furthermore, contrary to you assumption that I have "no ideological issue" with Nazis, I think I've made my thoughts and positions re their ideology of hate, intolerance, and racial "supremacy" QUITE apparent.

FOS

Share      Unread post

B.See » 28 Jul 2022, 7:16 pm » wrote: The problem I and MANY have with Nazis goes WAY beyond you're assertion that they've only  "said mean things." 

Furthermore, contrary to you assumption that I have "no ideological issue" with Nazis, I think I've made my thoughts and positions re their ideology of hate, intolerance, and racial "supremacy" QUITE apparent.
dude...'hate, intolerance, and 'supremacy'' is not an ideology