This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

B.See » 08 Jul 2022, 8:48 pm » wrote:
You mean the '73 Roe vs. Wade decision that was based upon a woman's CONSTITUTIONAL right to privacy?

And she STILL has her right to privacy.  She can privately travel to another state and get an abortion if the state in which she lives prohibits them OR she can privately get an illegal abortion.  Just like in the gun debate...you cannot stop someone from breaking the law.

B.See

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Independent » 09 Jul 2022, 6:34 am » wrote: Your reality….isn’t real.
Rather than consider this a personal attack, I'll ask you to explain how so.

B.See

Share      Unread post

What is that supposed to be?

B.See

Share      Unread post

They TRIED to do what they ALWAYS DO. They attack truths by calling them lies and try to pile on those BRINGING them the truths. A standard far REICH strategy that's all TOO predictable. 

A CLOSER LOOK:

Conservatives tried — and failed — to cast doubt on tale of Ohio child rape victim

After a week of controversy surrounding right-wing fueled doubt over the story of a 10-year-old girl who had to travel from Ohio to Indiana to receive an abortion after being raped, a man from Columbus has now been charged with the crime, further confirming the story's veracity.

On Friday, at a press conference to sign an executive order attempting to protect access to reproductive health care, President Joe Biden brought up the case....  Hours after Biden shared the story, right-wing media erupted.  

An article from the Daily Caller called the story's legitimacy into question.
After the article was published, Fox News, the New York Post, and The Wall Street Journal all piled on.  
  • "All kinds of fanciful tales travel far on social media these days, but you don't expect them to get a hearing at the White House. That's nonetheless what seems to have happened Friday as President Biden signed an executive order on abortion," the Wall Street Journal wrote in an editorial titled "An Abortion Story Too Good to Confirm."
Around noon on Wednesday, Columbus Dispatch reporter Bethany Bruner published an article confirming that Gershon Fuentes, an undocumented man living in the Columbus area, had been charged with the rape of the 10-year-old girl. The crime is a first-degree felony in Ohio.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
B.See » 08 Jul 2022, 8:21 am » wrote:
From undermining women's rights,
If you cannot define it, you cannot defend it, weakness. 

B.See

Share      Unread post

ImageMEANWHILE:

Pennsylvania’s GOP-led Senate advances constitutional amendment on abortion | The Hill

The Pennsylvania state Senate advanced a proposal Thursday that would amend the state constitution to include clear language that states there is no constitutional right to aborti

No Buy July: After Roe V. Wade Overturned, Some Turn to Economic Protest

After Roe, some millennials are protesting by not spending with brands like Walmart and Taco Bell and growing their own food: 'This is a capitalist country. Don't let bad people have the thing that they want from you the most'

AND:

Fight Fire With Fire

razoo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ConsRule » 08 Jul 2022, 8:28 am » wrote: Do you realize the majority of the Senators currently serving are republicans?
50/50 it is

razoo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

B.See is the more informed poster among the lot. B.See presents the facts instead of Fake News

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Wrong again, dick breath. There are 50 republicans, 48 demonrats and two independents.  However, the independents caucus with the demonrats, thus Sen Scumer is Leader.

Just how **** stupid and uninformed are you?

B.See

Share      Unread post

razoo » 16 Jul 2022, 7:45 am » wrote: B.See is the more informed poster among the lot. B.See presents the facts instead of Fake News
And the FACT that I post THREE times the volume of information than the Trump bamboozled REICH, in the three or four days I ALLOW myself to devote to this, is why THEY'RE PISSED.

Especially when the TROLLS (domestic or foreign, paid or otherwise) can't HIDE all that INFORMATION behind the USUAL WALL OF RATFKERY they like to swarm topics with.

Last edited by B.See on 20 Jul 2022, 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

B.See

Share      Unread post

I've been forced to remove another post and ban its poster because, instead of refuting the supposedly false information I've provided, or AT LEAST offering an alternative perspective in a sound rational manner,

the poster INSTEAD decided to DELIBERATELY launch into yet ANOTHER trollish PERSONAL ATTACK and drive by **** posting.  After which they'll no doubt join another butthurt thread, whining about it.

One would ALMOST think they resort to that kind of response because they HAVEN'T ANYTHING ELSE.

MEANWHILE:

Montana GOP lawmaker informs colleagues the womb 'serves no specific purpose' to the life of a woman

Texas Anti-Abortion Leader Openly Admits the Movement Is Coming for IVF

Right winged terrorists reportedly threatened the daughter of doctor who gave 10-year-old an abortion with kidnapping

Indiana abortion doctor faced kidnapping threats after Amy Coney Barrett-linked website singled her out:

SURPRISE SURPRISE:

GOP Push for Nationwide Abortion Ban 3 Weeks After Calling It a State Issue

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

I read your link.  Do you honestly think Biden favors banning abortions, to any degree?

B.See

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 20 Jul 2022, 4:01 pm » wrote: I read your link.  Do you honestly think Biden favors banning abortions, to any degree?

I think, like me, Biden separates his own thoughts about abortion from whether government has the right to tell women what to do with their bodies. The article you linked has to do with how the GOP, who had previously argued that STATES should have the authority to establish abortion law, are now pushing for a NATIONWIDE ban.

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

B.See » 20 Jul 2022, 4:24 pm » wrote: I think, like me, Biden separates his own thoughts about abortion from whether government has the right to tell women what to do with their bodies. The article you linked has to do with how the GOP, who had previously argued that STATES should have the authority to establish abortion law, are now pushing for a NATIONWIDE ban.
I didn’t link an article…I was quoting someone and included THEIR link.  My point is, after the midterms the only ways republicans can enact a nation wide ban is to have a veto proof majority in both chambers OR with Biden’s help.  He can use the veto.

See, liberals don’t think.  They just use scare tactics.

B.See

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 20 Jul 2022, 4:58 pm » wrote: I didn’t link an article…I was quoting someone and included THEIR link.  My point is, after the midterms the only ways republicans can enact a nation wide ban is to have a veto proof majority in both chambers OR with Biden’s help.  He can use the veto.

See, liberals don’t think.  They just use scare tactics.
Okay. Well, thanks for explaining what you were getting at. Perhaps that's the only way. Though lest we forget, Republicans have already stated aloud a whole bunch of actions they'll be taking, including impeaching Biden. Not to mention that Conservative Supreme Court of theirs. So let's not say what they will or won't be capable of.

Again, the point of the story, and the OTHER stories is that Republicans can't be trusted to have ANY degree of integrity and honor. Two of Trump's SCOTUS lied in the face of America on their positions re. Roe, and the right's primary argument AGAINST Roe was that abortion law was a STATE right.

Now they've changed their mind.