This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
B.See

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,105
Politics: Liberal

THE PARTY OF LESS GOVERNMENT?? Hardly. More so the party of meddling in EVERY FACET OF OUR LIVES.

From undermining women's rights, rolling back civil rights, voting rights, demonizing minorities, immigrants, public education, and the LGBTQ community, these hateful bastards, via the efforts of retrogressive hate based policymaking at the state level, via reich winger obstructionism in the Senate, and via the autonomous will of a rogue Supreme Court,  have gone FULL FASCIST.

And in so doing, they have imposed their own MINORITY RULE, ignoring the will of that MAJORITY OF AMERICANS who disagree with them, and NEGATIVELY IMPACTING THE LIVES OF MILLIONS. 

The Lessons From the Right’s 50-Year-Long Crusade to Limit the Freedom of Women – Mother Jones

Conservatives writing 'witch hunt' laws to prevent crossing state lines to obtain an abortion

Forced-birther Christian Walker calls women who support abortion rights fat, ugly, and undesirable / Queerty

Republicans are now the party of government overreach. Democrats must rally for privacy, liberty

Texas AG says he’s totally down to use Roe decision to ruin gay people’s lives / Queerty

Anti-LGBTQ+ Laws Take Effect in Five More States


 
(btw... same rules in this thread as in my other PG enabled threads...rational discussions, points counter points, rebuttals, responses, yes - personal insults, name calling, misrepresenting direct quotes, hate speech, drive by **** posting, trolling, and senseless content, NO... some who've habitually engaged in such have already been... uninvited)
Last edited by B.See on 08 Jul 2022, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ConsRule

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,040
Politics: Conservative

B.See » 08 Jul 2022, 8:21 am » wrote:
...they have imposed their own MINORITY RULE,...

 

 
Do you realize the majority of the Senators currently serving are republicans?
 

User avatar
B.See

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,105
Politics: Liberal

ConsRule » 08 Jul 2022, 8:28 am » wrote: Do you realize the majority of the Senators currently serving are republicans?
What has that to do with the fact that the MAJORITY of Americans (in some cases by a vast majority) support issues like gun control, voting rights, gay rights, abortion rights etc?

User avatar
ConsRule

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,040
Politics: Conservative

B.See » 08 Jul 2022, 8:37 am » wrote: What has that to do with the fact that the MAJORITY of Americans (in some cases by a vast majority) support issues like gun control, voting rights, gay rights, abortion rights etc?
The "majority of Americans" don't get to randomly change the US Constitution.  There is a process in place (actually two).  They are free to avail themselves of either option...by electing enough to get an amendment through Congress or electing state leader in enough states to get a Constitutional Convention called by the states.

Until then...it's nothing more than lazy people whining.
 

User avatar
Huey

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 28,185
Politics: Liberacon

B.See » 08 Jul 2022, 8:21 am » wrote: THE PARTY OF LESS GOVERNMENT?? Hardly. More so the party of meddling in EVERY FACET OF OUR LIVES.

From undermining women's rights, rolling back civil rights, voting rights, demonizing minorities, immigrants, public education, and the LGBTQ community, these hateful bastards, via the efforts of retrogressive hate based policymaking at the state level, via reich winger obstructionism in the Senate, and via the autonomous will of a rogue Supreme Court,  have gone FULL FASCIST.

And in so doing, they have imposed their own MINORITY RULE, ignoring the will of that MAJORITY OF AMERICANS who disagree with them, and NEGATIVELY IMPACTING THE LIVES OF MILLIONS. 

The Lessons From the Right’s 50-Year-Long Crusade to Limit the Freedom of Women – Mother Jones

Conservatives writing 'witch hunt' laws to prevent crossing state lines to obtain an abortion

Forced-birther Christian Walker calls women who support abortion rights fat, ugly, and undesirable / Queerty

Republicans are now the party of government overreach. Democrats must rally for privacy, liberty

Texas AG says he’s totally down to use Roe decision to ruin gay people’s lives / Queerty

Anti-LGBTQ+ Laws Take Effect in Five More States


 
(btw... same rules in this thread as in my other PG enabled threads...rational discussions, points counter points, rebuttals, responses, yes - personal insults, name calling, misrepresenting direct quotes, hate speech, drive by **** posting, trolling, and senseless content, NO... some who've habitually engaged in such have already been... uninvited)

 

Define "woman".

User avatar
B.See

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,105
Politics: Liberal

ConsRule » 08 Jul 2022, 8:47 am » wrote: The "majority of Americans" don't get to randomly change the US Constitution.  There is a process in place (actually two).  They are free to avail themselves of either option...by electing enough to get an amendment through Congress or electing state leader in enough states to get a Constitutional Convention called by the states.

Until then...it's nothing more than lazy people whining.
I disagree.

For one, "whining" is a right and in fact a duty of citizens of the U.S. to speak out on, as is peaceful protest (and I don't mean by storming the nation's Capitol in an attempt to throw out a legit election- THAT would be "whining" I think). And fact is, Democratic voters DID give Democrats a Senate whereby things could've gotten done if not for two DINOS in the GOP's pocket (literally because they're both fed MONEY by right wing interests).

ALSO let's not forget how the GOP achieves minority rule by gerrymandered voting districts that give them more wins (seats) than ACTUAL VOTES.

As for "randomly changing the Constitution" that is ACTUALLY what the illegitimate SCOTUS DID. Illegitimate because Republicans stonewalled Obama's SCOTUS nominee, and because Trump's picks LITERALLY LIED about their positions on Roe.

I mean, hey, let's face it, they (the conservative wing) are SCUM, they're unethical, they malign and twist law, precedent, and jurisprudence, there have been underhanded partial pro Trump dealings and rulings via their "shadow docket" and there are SERIOUS CONFLICTS OF INTERESTS.

and again a MAJORITY of Americans KNOW IT.   
 
 

User avatar
B.See

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,105
Politics: Liberal

THE WEAPONIZING OF HATE AS A MEANS OF CONTROL:

Our summer of misogynist rage: Toxic men unleash a wave of violent threats aimed at outspoken women | Salon.com

The entirely predictable campaign of threats and lies aimed at Hutchinson is part of a larger pattern of vicious misogyny that is coming to define the summer of 2022. It's being described as a "backlash" against feminism, but that word feels inadequate to capture the savage fury that is erupting across the country. We're seeing a boiling over of the anger so many men (and even some women) have against women who speak out — or even women who are just trying to live their lives in peace. 

Alleged Email Directs Texas Nurses to Report Possible Abortions

Judge Blocks Florida’s 15-Week Abortion Ban From Going Into Effect

‘This Is Hatred, This Is Foul’: Philadelphia DA Larry Krasner, Teachers’ Union Denounce Legislation Targeting LGBTQ Youth – CBS Philly

Far-right Texas AG says he’s 'willing and able' to challenge a landmark Supreme Court ruling on gay rights - Alternet.org

Texas law leads to proposal to replace the term 'slavery' with 'involuntary relocation'

'The court doesn't care': CNN legal analyst delivers chilling implications of latest SCOTUS cases - Raw Story

 

User avatar
ConsRule

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,040
Politics: Conservative

B.See » 08 Jul 2022, 8:57 am » wrote:
As for "randomly changing the Constitution" that is ACTUALLY what the illegitimate SCOTUS DID. Illegitimate because Republicans stonewalled Obama's SCOTUS nominee, and because Trump's picks LITERALLY LIED about their positions on Roe.


 
Did you complain when SCOTUS randomly changed the constitution in January of 1973?



 

User avatar
ConsRule

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,040
Politics: Conservative

B.See » 08 Jul 2022, 8:57 am » wrote: For one, "whining" is a right
 
Where did I say it wasn't?
 

User avatar
TB7

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,130
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: PARADISE

If someone murders a pregnant woman, they are charged with a double murder no matter the stage of pregnancy. Reason dictates that abortion is in fact premeditated murder.

User avatar
TB7

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,130
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: PARADISE

TB7 » 08 Jul 2022, 11:25 am » wrote: If someone murders a pregnant woman, they are charged with a double murder no matter the stage of pregnancy. Reason dictates that abortion is in fact premeditated murder.
Why is it that any one-celled organism found on another planet would be considered proof of life? But on earth, a group of cells, that if left alone, would develop into a human is not.

User avatar
TB7

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,130
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: PARADISE

The Supreme Court of The United States clearly took the power and controlImage over abortions away from the Federal Government and gave it to the states. Image  "biden is expected to outline actions to attempt to mitigate some potential penalties women seeking abortion may face after the ruling but are limited in their ability to safeguard access to abortion nationwide."

Basically, Biden thinks it's OK to ignore a SCOTUS ruling because the dems don't like it. He thinks it's OK for the President to "Overrule " SCOTUS and ignore their court ruling. ? Think about that. Our current government has no problem ignoring laws and creating their own without any votes or resolutions from the legislature and representatives of the people.
The president does not have the authority to make laws. Executive decisions are not law. 
Image
 
 

User avatar
TB7

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,130
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: PARADISE

The Image  federal government Image   has no constitutional power to regulate abortion nationally, either in making it legal or illegal. As we learned during the pandemic, medical procedures and healthcare do Image   NOT fall under interstate commerce Image  and are therefore the sole jurisdiction of the states. Image  
 

User avatar
B.See

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,105
Politics: Liberal

Thank you BOTH for your contributions to the thread. I appreciate that you've stayed on topic.
ConsRule » 08 Jul 2022, 10:13 am » wrote: Did you complain when SCOTUS randomly changed the constitution in January of 1973?
You mean the '73 Roe vs. Wade decision that was based upon a woman's CONSTITUTIONAL right to privacy?
TB7 » 08 Jul 2022, 11:25 am » wrote: If someone murders a pregnant woman, they are charged with a double murder no matter the stage of pregnancy. Reason dictates that abortion is in fact premeditated murder.
The DIFFERENCE has to do with CHOICE, specifically a woman's right to choice as opposed to that choice being removed via an act perpetrated by another party.
 
TB7 » 08 Jul 2022, 11:42 am » wrote: The president does not have the authority to make laws. Executive decisions are not law. 

 
(above quote shortened due to character limitations)

C'mon. Donald Trump used "executive orders" to make (often constitutionally questionable) laws all the time. Some 200 PLUS of them.

 
 
Last edited by B.See on 08 Jul 2022, 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.


User avatar
B.See

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,105
Politics: Liberal

Girl, 10, Reportedly Forced To Travel Out Of State For Abortion | HuffPost Latest News
The young rape victim was denied the procedure in her home state of Ohio, where abortion is banned after about six weeks.

Texas Supreme Court Blocks Order That Resumed Abortions | HuffPost Latest News
The state's Supreme Court blocked a lower court order that had given some abortion clinics confidence to resume seeing patients.

Sick: Florida county slaps warning label on LGBTQ kids who join phys ed classes or overnight trips

After Cronenberg-ing our country to the point where 10-year-old rape victims are now forced to travel out of state to end their pregnancies, conservatives are putting the screws to LGBTQ kids in new and creative ways.

The public school board in Leon County, Florida, has decided to slap scarlet letters on trans kids so ignorant parents can feel a little less skeeved out by who their children are playing with. Last week, the board approved an “LGBTQ Inclusive School Guide” that includes a lot of horrible, cruel, grotesquely un-American things.


Texas state Supreme Court issues order allowing for civil enforcement of century-old abortion ban - CNNPolitics

"These laws are confusing, unnecessary, and cruel," Marc Hearron, senior counsel at the Center for Reproductive Rights, said in a statement Friday. "Texas's trigger ban is not scheduled to take effect for another two months, if not longer. This law from nearly one hundred years ago is banning essential health care prematurely, despite clearly being long repealed."
 

 

User avatar
Independent

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,893

B.See » 08 Jul 2022, 8:21 am » wrote: THE PARTY OF LESS GOVERNMENT?? Hardly. More so the party of meddling in EVERY FACET OF OUR LIVES.

From undermining women's rights, rolling back civil rights, voting rights, demonizing minorities, immigrants, public education, and the LGBTQ community, these hateful bastards, via the efforts of retrogressive hate based policymaking at the state level, via reich winger obstructionism in the Senate, and via the autonomous will of a rogue Supreme Court,  have gone FULL FASCIST.

And in so doing, they have imposed their own MINORITY RULE, ignoring the will of that MAJORITY OF AMERICANS who disagree with them, and NEGATIVELY IMPACTING THE LIVES OF MILLIONS. 

The Lessons From the Right’s 50-Year-Long Crusade to Limit the Freedom of Women – Mother Jones

Conservatives writing 'witch hunt' laws to prevent crossing state lines to obtain an abortion

Forced-birther Christian Walker calls women who support abortion rights fat, ugly, and undesirable / Queerty

Republicans are now the party of government overreach. Democrats must rally for privacy, liberty

Texas AG says he’s totally down to use Roe decision to ruin gay people’s lives / Queerty

Anti-LGBTQ+ Laws Take Effect in Five More States


(btw... same rules in this thread as in my other PG enabled threads...rational discussions, points counter points, rebuttals, responses, yes - personal insults, name calling, misrepresenting direct quotes, hate speech, drive by **** posting, trolling, and senseless content, NO... some who've habitually engaged in such have already been... uninvited)
Your reality….isn’t real. 
 

User avatar
Independent

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,893

TB7 » 08 Jul 2022, 11:42 am » wrote: The Supreme Court of The United States clearly took the power and controlImage over abortions away from the Federal Government and gave it to the states. Image  "biden is expected to outline actions to attempt to mitigate some potential penalties women seeking abortion may face after the ruling but are limited in their ability to safeguard access to abortion nationwide."

Basically, Biden thinks it's OK to ignore a SCOTUS ruling because the dems don't like it. He thinks it's OK for the President to "Overrule " SCOTUS and ignore their court ruling. ? Think about that. Our current government has no problem ignoring laws and creating their own without any votes or resolutions from the legislature and representatives of the people.
The president does not have the authority to make laws. Executive decisions are not law. 
Image
That sounds… fascist. 

User avatar
razoo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,966
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

extremely fine people ........... who need big big anti american government right wing nuts out of the way pronto
 

User avatar
Independent

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,893

razoo » 09 Jul 2022, 6:44 am » wrote: extremely fine people ........... who need big big anti american government right wing nuts out of the way pronto
anyone who feels like they are a woman at any time. 

Like when the mens bathroom is closed for cleaning, I can feel like a woman and use the womens room. Very convenient if you as me. 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Annoyed Liberall, Bill Gates [Bot], Bob, Buffalo, Cannonpointer, ConsRule, DeplorablePatriot, FOS, GHETTO BLASTER, Google Feedfetcher, Ike Bana, Independent, jack, Jantje_Smit, jefftec, Jinn Martini, Monderegal, nefarious101, NEILCAR, Neo, omh, one1zer0, PaperLi [Bot], Pastafarian, roadkill, ScottMon, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, Skans, sooted up Cyndi, Squatchman, Taipan, Twitter [Bot], walkingstick, Wayback Machine [Bot], Xavier_Onassis, Yandex [Bot], Zeets2 and 1 guest