This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
peepee

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,933

Cedar » 25 Jul 2022, 6:49 am » wrote: I’m not a Republican. But I am a puppet Trump [email protected] [and monetary ignoramus].

**chuckle**
...thank-you for clearing that up..... 
 

User avatar
Cedar

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Posts: 4,440
Politics: Classical Liberal

peepee » 25 Jul 2022, 6:59 am » wrote: ...thank-you for clearing that up.....
See you do have a sense of humor. I’m sorry I thought you were too stupid to pick up that I only denied being a Republican. :rofl:
 

User avatar
peepee

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,933

Cedar » 25 Jul 2022, 7:03 am » wrote: See you do have a sense of humor. I’m sorry I thought you were too stupid to pick up that I did not deny that I am a puppet Trump [email protected] [and monetary ignoramus] Image
...i feel there is an excellent mutual understanding here...
 

User avatar
dickens

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 522
Politics: Anarchist

Blackvegetable » 23 Jul 2022, 8:41 pm » wrote: I ski.

I know the feeling.
You ski at politically correct speeds on politically correct terrain.
 

User avatar
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 49,564

Antifa
dickens » 03 Aug 2022, 6:01 pm » wrote: You ski at politically correct speeds on politically correct terrain.
I ski wherever I want to..



 

User avatar
dickens

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 522
Politics: Anarchist

Blackvegetable » 03 Aug 2022, 6:02 pm » wrote: I ski wherever I want to..
So you just don't want to ski here

Image
 
 
 

User avatar
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 49,564

Antifa
dickens » 03 Aug 2022, 6:06 pm » wrote: So you just don't want to ski here

Image
 I don't do Nordic.
 

User avatar
dickens

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 522
Politics: Anarchist

You ski downhill as fast as I on Nordic skis. Or slower.
 
 

User avatar
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 49,564

Antifa
dickens » 03 Aug 2022, 6:19 pm » wrote: You ski downhill as fast as I on Nordic skis. Or slower.

Image
 

User avatar
dickens

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 522
Politics: Anarchist

Should be the statistics for a single run. With velocity profile. To believe it. For sometimes SkiTracks shows strange things in maximum speed field.
 
 

User avatar
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 49,564

Antifa
dickens » 03 Aug 2022, 11:23 pm » wrote: Should be the statistics for a single run. With velocity profile. To believe it. For sometimes SkiTracks shows strange things in maximum speed field.
If you forget to turn it off before you get in the car.

User avatar
dickens

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 522
Politics: Anarchist

Blackvegetable » 04 Aug 2022, 5:20 am » wrote: If you forget to turn it off before you get in the car.
Every time?
 

User avatar
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 49,564

Antifa
What are you gonna try to convince me you do in Nordic gear?

User avatar
dickens

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 522
Politics: Anarchist

Blackvegetable » 04 Aug 2022, 4:50 pm » wrote: What are you gonna try to convince me you do in Nordic gear?
It is impolite to answer a question with a question.
 

User avatar
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 49,564

Antifa
dickens » 04 Aug 2022, 5:01 pm » wrote: It is impolite to answer a question with a question.
Only when you get inexplicable readings, like 62 mph.

Your turn.

User avatar
dickens

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 522
Politics: Anarchist

Blackvegetable » 04 Aug 2022, 5:05 pm » wrote: Only when you get inexplicable readings, like 62 mph.

Your turn.
You would just die out fear like that cop at that speed. One would not even need to hit you with a fire extinguisher.
 
 

User avatar
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 49,564

Antifa
dickens » 05 Aug 2022, 5:57 pm » wrote: You would just die out fear like that cop at that speed. One would not even need to hit you with a fire extinguisher.
It's far from unattainable in alpine gear, in fact, it's well within reach of my gear.

But I don't ski to run 11s...

I'm addicted to turning.
 

User avatar
dickens

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 522
Politics: Anarchist

Blackvegetable » 05 Aug 2022, 6:06 pm » wrote: It's far from unattainable in alpine gear, in fact, it's well within reach of my gear.

But I don't ski to run 11s...

I'm addicted to turning.
Gear? One can ski 60mph on almost any downhill skis (except for those to short). Everyone you see on the slopes has skis that are suitable for it. If they don't - it is for another reason.
 
 

User avatar
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 49,564

Antifa
dickens » 05 Aug 2022, 6:22 pm » wrote: Gear? One can ski 60mph on almost any downhill skis (except for those to short). Everyone you see on the slopes has skis that are suitable for it. If they don't - it is for another reason.
Not suitable....I have a pair of shaped, maybe 164...

They are MUCH slower than my 172 wides. When I ski the Prophets, I never worry about someone coming up behind me.

It's a function of the amount of ptex you can put against the snow.





 

User avatar
dickens

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 522
Politics: Anarchist

Blackvegetable » 05 Aug 2022, 7:25 pm » wrote: Not suitable....I have a pair of shaped, maybe 164...

They are MUCH slower than my 172 wides. When I ski the Prophets, I never worry about someone coming up behind me.

It's a function of the amount of ptex you can put against the snow.
Yes, longer skis are faster. But this is not why people ski slow. They do so because they do S-turns being "uncomfortable" at high speeds.

Closer to the point. If you indeed ski at 60mph you would not feel any discomfort on January 6. And would not sympathize with people who were afraid. In contrary - you would despise them.

 
 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Annoyed Liberall, Bernardeyr, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, Cannonpointer, ConsRule, Deezer Shoove, dickens, Famagusta, FOS, freeman, GHETTO BLASTER, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Ike Bana, Independent, Jantje_Smit, Jinn Martini, Kobia2, Monderegal, nefarious101, NEILCAR, Neo, neue regel, PaperLi [Bot], Pinterest [Bot], PoliticalPopUp, roadkill, ScottMon, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, sooted up Cyndi, Squatchman, Steve Jobs [Bot], Taipan, thelion, Twitter [Bot], walkingstick, Wayback Machine [Bot], Xavier_Onassis, Yandex [Bot] and 178 guests