This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Vegas » 28 Jul 2022, 8:10 pm » wrote: Your article didn't give a judgement of the population, it couldn't. It was too large...hence, a sample, duh. 

You have no idea how this works do you? If the sample is skewed, then the judgement from the population is incorrect and not worth consideration.  

Nod....
I just identified the population.

What is it?

Dumb as ****.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Giant Slayer
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Blackvegetable » 28 Jul 2022, 8:15 pm » wrote: I just identified the population.

What is it?

Dumb as ****.

It doesn't **** matter. I don't care. That's a deflection, **** your deflection. 

I would give you a lesson, but you won't bother reading it, so it would be pointless. 

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Vegas » 28 Jul 2022, 8:16 pm » wrote: It doesn't **** matter. I don't care. That's a deflection, **** your deflection. 

I would give you a lesson, but you won't bother reading it, so it would be pointless.
Of course it does, you stupid piece of ****.

omh

Share      Unread post

dickens » 26 Jul 2022, 3:04 pm » wrote: In 2008 in 17 precincts in Michigan there were 100% votes for Obama. In additional 146 precincts Obama got at least 99% but less than 100%.

In the State of New York Obama got 100% of votes in 67 precincts. In additional 200 precincts he got at least 99% but less than 100% .

In  Washington DC in 21 precincts there were at least 99% of votes for Obama. In the most populous of them out of 2,891 people 2,878 voted for Obama.

this thread title is hilarious. tens of urban precincts get as many voters as hundreds of rural precincts. How swing states are manipulated by urban sprawl.

Taipan

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

Blackvegetable » 28 Jul 2022, 8:08 pm » wrote: No, I don't believe we are in a recession. 

Absolutely not.

I want you to vote GOP on Nov. 8.                

If you don't like Trump, then I will find someone else
to Captain this ship.
But,
you must admit......Biden is raw sewage.......
& the Dems are hurting us.                     
:sleep:        

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Taipan » 28 Jul 2022, 8:26 pm » wrote:  
I want you to vote GOP on Nov. 8.                

If you don't like Trump, then I will find someone else
to Captain this ship.
But,
you must admit......Biden is raw sewage.......
& the Dems are hurting us.                     
How many more of us are working?

omh

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 28 Jul 2022, 8:27 pm » wrote: How many more of us are working?

Working at what? Dare you to say "better tomorrows".

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
omh » 28 Jul 2022, 8:31 pm » wrote: Working at what? Dare you to say "better tomorrows".
Making America Grifterrein Again

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Giant Slayer

@Blackvegetable  there is only a 0.000001% probability that you will read this, but at least you can't say I didn't try. Besides, others could benefit. 

Assume there is a town of 10,000 registered voters. In this beloved town are three politicians running for office named, say....I don't know, how about a dimocrat named Tranny, a Republican named Trump, and an Independent named Hunter. Now, 10k people is too many to survey and poll, so they take a sample of 400. This sample, however, was taken in a dimocrat side of town. A small percentage of Repubs and independents live in this area. In fact, let's use your article's numbers:
roughly 57% — identified as Democrats. Just 13% were Republicans, while 27% said they were independents, and 3% selected other.
With these numbers, the following votes come in:
Tranny = .57 x 400 = 228 votes
Trump = 0.13 x 400 = 52 votes
Hunter = 0.27 x 400 = 108 votes. 
Other = 0.03 x 400 = 12 votes. 

Ok, now here is the part where you seem to need your hand held. Pay close attention..ready? Focus...focus...ok, here we go: 

Let's now see how the skewed sample brings on a skewed population stat. 
  • Mr. Tranny: 0.52(10000) = 5700 votes
  • Mr Trump = 0.13(10000) = 1300 votes
  • Mr Hunter = 0.27(10,000) = 2700 votes
  • Other = 0.03(10,000) = 300 votes
Notice that the sample and population are proportional, thus if the sample is skewed, so is the population results.

Identifying the population and its size does nothing to negate your stupidity. 

Nod...

And here comes the strike though in 3...2...1....

Last edited by Vegas on 28 Jul 2022, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Giant Slayer

Blackvegetable » 28 Jul 2022, 8:23 pm » wrote: Of course it does, you stupid piece of ****.

I just proved you wrong, but you won't read any of it because you are a **** narcissist...and you're stupid. 

It will probably help someone else though, so I am fine with that.

Phelix_Dacat

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Vegas » 28 Jul 2022, 8:42 pm » wrote: @Blackvegetable  there is only a 0.000001% probability that you will read this, but at least you can't say I didn't try. Besides, others could benefit. 

Assume there is a town of 10,000 registered voters. In this beloved town are three politicians running for office named, say....I don't know, how about a dimocrat named Tranny, a Republican named Trump, and an Independent named Hunter. Now, 10k people is too many to survey and poll, so they take a sample of 400. This sample, however, was taken in a dimocrat side of town. A small percentage of Repubs and independents live in this area. In fact, let's use your article's numbers:

Ok, now here is the part where you seem to need your hand held. Pay close attention..ready? Focus...focus...ok, here we go: 

Notice that the sample and population are proportional, thus if the sample is skewed, so is the population results.

Nod...

You're innumerate and have no clue how political polls work or the statistical methods used. Thus you are easily led by push polls and nonsense.

Your example is based on a forced lack of randomness (a huge no no in polling), assumes results (WTF!?), posits using a sample size that guarantees a MOSE of +/- 4.9% making your poll totally useless (which you didn't know), and ignores the whole step of weighting the sample results to the representative population (which is not necessarily the same as total population).

From this I conclude you took remedial math in college. You could tell by "for non-engineers" added to the course title.

Unfortunately, you're incapable of comprehending anything I just wrote.

dickens

Share      Unread post

Politics: Anarchist

omh » 28 Jul 2022, 8:24 pm » wrote: this thread title is hilarious. tens of urban precincts get as many voters as hundreds of rural precincts. How swing states are manipulated by urban sprawl.
Many precincts with 100% vote for Obama have hundreds of people. Maximum 580.
Many precincts with 99% for Obama have thousands of people. Maximum  2,891.
https://osf.io/gfk2r

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Vegas » 28 Jul 2022, 8:42 pm » wrote: @Blackvegetable  there is only a 0.000001% probability that you will read this, but at least you can't say I didn't try. Besides, others could benefit. 

Nod...

You are a remarkably stupid human being.

Mindbogglingly stupid.

omh

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 28 Jul 2022, 8:35 pm » wrote: Making America Grifterrein Again
You follow lost causes like your tomorrow depends upon them being there and not here already.

Independent

Share      Unread post

one1zer0 » 27 Jul 2022, 4:51 pm » wrote: I think it's their lack of intelligence combined with their indoctrination and the fact that their subjective mindset can't see things as they really are. Just so they understand, I'm saying they are brainwashed morons that can't think for themselves. lolz
Anyone who STILL doesn’t believe Dems exercise vote fraud in major cities is a moron. This goes back to the 60s and probably more. They are so convinced of their “rightness” they justify all means of fraud. 

Independent

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 29 Jul 2022, 5:04 am » wrote: You are a remarkably stupid human being.

Mindbogglingly stupid.
There is really only two explanations for you:

Either you are:

A naive simpleton easily led and manipulated. 

Or

You are a purposely deceitful operative of your extreme communist-fascist agenda. 

That’s it. Which one?

Independent

Share      Unread post

Phelix_Dacat » 28 Jul 2022, 9:38 pm » wrote: You're innumerate and have no clue how political polls work or the statistical methods used. Thus you are easily led by push polls and nonsense.

Your example is based on a forced lack of randomness (a huge no no in polling), assumes results (WTF!?), posits using a sample size that guarantees a MOSE of +/- 4.9% making your poll totally useless (which you didn't know), and ignores the whole step of weighting the sample results to the representative population (which is not necessarily the same as total population).

From this I conclude you took remedial math in college. You could tell by "for non-engineers" added to the course title.

Unfortunately, you're incapable of comprehending anything I just wrote.
I work in market research and statistics. You just proved his point. And you surely don’t know why. Moron. 

omh

Share      Unread post

Independent » 29 Jul 2022, 6:56 am » wrote: There is really only two explanations for you:

Either you are:

A naive simpleton easily led and manipulated. 

Or

You are a purposely deceitful operative of your extreme communist-fascist agenda. 

That’s it. Which one?
where are the other 4 degrees of separating each which person occupying space at the same time?
What generation gap are they in?
where do they live in this atmosphere?
when were they old enough to vote?
why did they pick one side over the other 7 sides thinking outside a box?
how do the not understand life genetically doesn't exceed mutually evolving here now?

Which human being are you among the 7.8 billion present?

Independent

Share      Unread post

omh » 29 Jul 2022, 7:04 am » wrote: where are the other 4 degrees of separating each which person occupying space at the same time?
What generation gap are they in?
where do they live in this atmosphere?
when were they old enough to vote?
why did they pick one side over the other 7 sides thinking outside a box?
how do the not understand life genetically doesn't exceed mutually evolving here now?

Which human being are you among the 7.8 billion present?
Why do we need to mutually evolve when cretins like BV hold us all back?

omh

Share      Unread post

Independent » 29 Jul 2022, 7:05 am » wrote: Why do we need to mutually evolve when cretins like BV hold us all back?

How does he hold you all back? I can't, what makes him different? You all allow it same time you ignore anything I discuss. Understand it doesn't hurt my feelings knowing you are an equal part of why America collapsed 60 years ago and your mentality finally is seeing the results thinking it is about to happen.

You are 3 generations behind the total destruction of personal liberty.