This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,917
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Batgirl was supposed to be a trailblazing movie proving that woke messaging could be commercially successful. They brought back Micheal Keaton as batman, academy award winning JK Simmons as commissioner Gordon and the villain was portrayed by everyone's favorite Encino man Brendan Fraser. Movie also was supposed to introduce the first transgender  superhero to hit the big screen. Oh and Batgirl is black. Never mind that Barbra Gordon is the very white commissioner Gordons daughter, she is pretty black. The movie performed so poorly in test screenings that they shelved it. 100 million, movie finished and ready for release, scrapped and claimed as a loss for tax purposes. 

I was actually looking forward to this one, I can ignore woke virtue signaling and (banshee) have seen non binary characters represented beyond the shallow stereotypes. Now I really want go see this virtue signaling train wreck. 

User avatar
Huey

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 28,183
Politics: Liberacon

Neo » 05 Aug 2022, 8:18 am » wrote: Batgirl was supposed to be a trailblazing movie proving that woke messaging could be commercially successful. They brought back Micheal Keaton as batman, academy award winning JK Simmons as commissioner Gordon and the villain was portrayed by everyone's favorite Encino man Brendan Fraser. Movie also was supposed to introduce the first transgender  superhero to hit the big screen. Oh and Batgirl is black. Never mind that Barbra Gordon is the very white commissioner Gordons daughter, she is pretty black. The movie performed so poorly in test screenings that they shelved it. 100 million, movie finished and ready for release, scrapped and claimed as a loss for tax purposes. 

I was actually looking forward to this one, I can ignore woke virtue signaling and (banshee) have seen non binary characters represented beyond the shallow stereotypes. Now I really want go see this virtue signaling train wreck. 

 

This makes me want to see it to find out how bad it really is. 

User avatar
Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,675
Politics: Progressive

This is probably a wise decision. It is released on schedule, it will be a flop and will be forgotten.
But by refusing to release it, ahh, that is clever, as it is not FORBIDDEN,  like "Song of the South", Disney's most racist flick, and it has the possibility of being a cult classic.

Eventually, someone will release it in hopes of making a few bucks.  But for the moment, it can be written off and deducted as a loss on the tax forms.

User avatar
Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,675
Politics: Progressive

Xavier_Onassis » 05 Aug 2022, 9:34 am » wrote: This is probably a wise decision. It is released on schedule, it will be a flop and will be forgotten.
But by refusing to release it, ahh, that is clever, as it is not FORBIDDEN,  like "Song of the South", Disney's most racist flick, and it has the possibility of being a cult classic.

Eventually, someone will release it in hopes of making a few bucks.  But for the moment, it can be written off and deducted as a loss on the tax forms.

With a Lesbian superhero, it could be so bad that it is a hoot to ridicule at parties. One of the most amusing features of drag queens is how huge, burly and rather ugly men can decorate themselves to look like sexy women. It is a lot like people dressing their Dachshunds to look like hot dogs or their Chihuahuas to resemble the Frito Bandido.

 
 

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,917
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Xavier_Onassis » 05 Aug 2022, 9:34 am » wrote: This is probably a wise decision. It is released on schedule, it will be a flop and will be forgotten.
But by refusing to release it, ahh, that is clever, as it is not FORBIDDEN,  like "Song of the South", Disney's most racist flick, and it has the possibility of being a cult classic.

Eventually, someone will release it in hopes of making a few bucks.  But for the moment, it can be written off and deducted as a loss on the tax forms.
Excellent view, I agree. The press generated from cancelation or the first transgender superhero flick will indeed have more Impact than releasing a box office bomb. Virtue signaling complete, non release assures press and a future audience when they predictably release a directors cut a year or two in the future. Good marketing decision. 
 

User avatar
freeman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,180
Politics: Conservative
Location: SE
Contact:

Bad enough that it seems most every movie or series I've seen over many months now, stars women in role reversal, kicking the *** of every male on the screen. Ridiculous stupid, fantasy tripe, yet it's non-stop. Very few roles where men are the strong figure, like cops, martial arts guys, etc. For that matter where men are lead characters at all.
 

User avatar
GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7,656
Politics: Republican

Although the Super Hero movies that have been done in the recent past were very well done [like Iron Man with Downey Jr.]..thse productions were laced with little hints of [[[GLOBALIST "WOKE" SOCIAL ENGINEERING]]]

This is always the way they operate...introducing there agenda / object lessons in small increments.

Now I am told that the [[[SOCIAL ENGINEERS]]] got a little too greedy and overdosed the public with a wee bit too much "WOKENESS". Once it reaches a certain level of ridiculousness...then yeah...most normal people will be repulsed by it and realize that their intelligence is being insulted.

User avatar
thelion

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 400
Politics: Capitalist

Neo » 05 Aug 2022, 8:18 am » wrote: Batgirl was supposed to be a trailblazing movie proving that woke messaging could be commercially successful. They brought back Micheal Keaton as batman, academy award winning JK Simmons as commissioner Gordon and the villain was portrayed by everyone's favorite Encino man Brendan Fraser. Movie also was supposed to introduce the first transgender  superhero to hit the big screen. Oh and Batgirl is black. Never mind that Barbra Gordon is the very white commissioner Gordons daughter, she is pretty black. The movie performed so poorly in test screenings that they shelved it. 100 million, movie finished and ready for release, scrapped and claimed as a loss for tax purposes. 

I was actually looking forward to this one, I can ignore woke virtue signaling and (banshee) have seen non binary characters represented beyond the shallow stereotypes. Now I really want go see this virtue signaling train wreck.
You know that Leslie Grace is a Dominican Hispanic, yes? 
 

User avatar
freeman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,180
Politics: Conservative
Location: SE
Contact:

GHETTOBLASTER » 05 Aug 2022, 10:24 am » wrote: Although the Super Hero movies that have been done in the recent past were very well done [like Iron Man with Downey Jr.]..thse productions were laced with little hints of [[[GLOBALIST "WOKE" SOCIAL ENGINEERING]]]

This is always the way they operate...introducing there agenda / object lessons in small increments.

Now I am told that the [[[SOCIAL ENGINEERS]]] got a little too greedy and overdosed the public with a wee bit too much "WOKENESS". Once it reaches a certain level of ridiculousness...then yeah...most normal people will be repulsed by it and realize that their intelligence is being insulted.
It kinda snuck up on me, but once I noticed it, it seemed like every damn move or show features strong independent women and weak dependent sniveling men as their owned bi*ches.
 

User avatar
GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7,656
Politics: Republican

freeman » 05 Aug 2022, 10:28 am » wrote: It kinda snuck up on me, but once I noticed it, it seemed like every damn move or show features strong independent women and weak dependent sniveling men as their owned bi*ches.
EXACTLY.
In a very clever way it all points to NWO POPULATION CONTROL AGENDA...........it's not too hard to connect the dots.
Just take a good look at how effeminate the average White Male has become since the WWII Gen  sired the soft and spoiled Baby Boomer Gen.
Each successive generation  has gotten progressively worse.
 
 
Last edited by GHETTO BLASTER on 05 Aug 2022, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,917
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
freeman » 05 Aug 2022, 10:16 am » wrote: Bad enough that it seems most every movie or series I've seen over many months now, stars women in role reversal, kicking the *** of every male on the screen. Ridiculous stupid, fantasy tripe, yet it's non-stop. Very few roles where men are the strong figure, like cops, martial arts guys, etc. For that matter where men are lead characters at all.
I think female protagonists can be done right and realistically. Aliens is a good example. None of Ellen's actions contradicted her limitations. She never physically fought an Alien hand to hand. She used cunning and technology to beat her physically insurmountable foes. It can be done right like on Banshee. Lots of violence between different sexed opponents, you never see a 90 pound girl throw or knock out a man in a stand up fight. Films and shows that break this are sometimes painful to watch. 
 

User avatar
Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,675
Politics: Progressive

freeman » 05 Aug 2022, 10:28 am » wrote: It kinda snuck up on me, but once I noticed it, it seemed like every damn move or show features strong independent women and weak dependent sniveling men as their owned bi*ches.
Before Spiderman, there was no real female characters of importance.
Superman had Lois Lane, but she was more of a piece of furniture.
Batman... he had Robin, only Robin. Robin Redbreast.  Who could be described as ...rather girly.

 

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,917
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
thelion » 05 Aug 2022, 10:27 am » wrote: You know that Leslie Grace is a Dominican Hispanic, yes?
You know her father in this aborted movie was JK Simmons. One of the whitest male Karen actors on the planet.  You know her mother in the aborted film was black not Latina, right?
 

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,917
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Xavier_Onassis » 05 Aug 2022, 10:38 am » wrote: Before Spiderman, there was no real female characters of importance.
Superman had Lois Lane, but she was more of a piece of furniture.
Batman... he had Robin, only Robin. Robin Redbreast.  Who could be described as ...rather girly.
Are we pretending that wonder woman didn't exist or that Linda Hamilton didn't give little girls in the 1970s a heroic role model?
 

User avatar
Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,675
Politics: Progressive

freeman » 05 Aug 2022, 10:16 am » wrote: Bad enough that it seems most every movie or series I've seen over many months now, stars women in role reversal, kicking the *** of every male on the screen. Ridiculous stupid, fantasy tripe, yet it's non-stop. Very few roles where men are the strong figure, like cops, martial arts guys, etc. For that matter where men are lead characters at all.
This way they get the tax deduction AND the possibility of a camp classic.
Typically, when they make a major film, for every hour of the finished film, there are fifty hours or so of unused clips. Enough to enhance the campiness, perhaps. And perhaps make a Blooper reel.

But ONLY after they get the tax deduction

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,917
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Xavier_Onassis » 05 Aug 2022, 10:41 am » wrote: This way they get the tax deduction AND the possibility of a camp classic.
Typically, when they make a major film, for every hour of the finished film, there are fifty hours or so of unused clips. Enough to enhance the campiness, perhaps. And perhaps make a Blooper reel.

But ONLY after they get the tax deduction
Agree this was scrapped for tax reasons. IRS over virtue signaling? Interesting times. Wait, I guess they still clearly get to virtue signal on this without ever releasing it!
 

User avatar
thelion

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 400
Politics: Capitalist

Neo » 05 Aug 2022, 10:38 am » wrote: You know her father in this aborted movie was JK Simmons. One of the whitest male Karen actors on the planet.  You know her mother in the aborted film was black not Latina, right?
hm. White plus black. Depending on the degrees of each, offspring could be anywhere from brown to ruddy. Light tan is not out of the question. 

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,917
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
thelion » 05 Aug 2022, 1:41 pm » wrote: hm. White plus black. Depending on the degrees of each, offspring could be anywhere from brown to ruddy. Light tan is not out of the question.
Just pointing out the racial appropriation. In the film she is supposed to be half black. Haven't followed her career but, if she is latinx then jk Simmons partner should also have been Latina. Guess that she was not white checked a box. First transgender superhero, check, first female batman, check. First non white bat person, check. 

Failure. Never to be released despite all the talent and resources involved. 
 
 

User avatar
Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,675
Politics: Progressive

Neo » 05 Aug 2022, 10:40 am » wrote: Are we pretending that wonder woman didn't exist or that Linda Hamilton didn't give little girls in the 1970s a heroic role model?
I was discussing movies. Wonder Woman and The Beauty and the Beast (Linda Hamilton was the Beauty) were TV series, but you are right, they were positive female action roles.

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,917
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Xavier_Onassis » 05 Aug 2022, 2:02 pm » wrote: I was discussing movies. Wonder Woman and The Beauty and the Beast (Linda Hamilton was the Beauty) were TV series, but you are right, they were positive female action roles.
Alien. **** Aliens. Ripley was effectively a female super hero. Let's not forget....
 

Image
 
Last edited by Neo on 05 Aug 2022, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Annoyed Liberall, Bob, Buffalo, Cannonpointer, ConsRule, DeplorablePatriot, FOS, GHETTO BLASTER, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Ike Bana, Independent, jack, Jantje_Smit, jefftec, Jinn Martini, Monderegal, murdock, nefarious101, NEILCAR, Neo, omh, one1zer0, PaperLi [Bot], Pastafarian, roadkill, ScottMon, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, Skans, Squatchman, Steve Jobs [Bot], Taipan, Twitter [Bot], walkingstick, Wayback Machine [Bot], Xavier_Onassis, Yandex [Bot], Zeets2 and 1 guest