This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

What happened? Some of my favorite music was from the days when we had Christian related rock. The early 70's was prime time for that. Not that he was or is now a Christian, or liberal (most musicians were and are now considered liberals in the sense of artistic freedom and artistic license) but some rock singers such a Peter Frampton, wore a large Crucifix on stage. 

Modern Marxist, anti-American liberals are extreme political leftists who base their entire lives on attempting to change everyone around them in every aspect of their lives, bash Christianity, and remove all personal choice. These Marxists are not the liberals from over 50 years ago. Do not confuse the two. Liberals of yesteryear, aside from blacks, were mostly a benevolent, laid-back group who had tolerance and could mesh with their neighbors, regardless of a difference in beliefs or lifestyles. Both sides tended to avoid confrontation, finding a more peaceful existence. Music USED to bring most everyone together. Now, too much "music" from the left, especially blacks, has become confrontational, hateful, racist, and divisive...and without talent. 

Enough of the rant. Do you liberals here enjoy this music but bash the lyrics? Are you a hypocrite? SIIYA SLAREBIL! (First to solve that anagram receives greenies) Who's smart?

The Christian rock or hit music most all of us enjoyed:

“Jesus is a Soul Man,” Lawrence Reynolds (1969); Billboard #28
“Are You Ready?” Pacific Gas and Electric (1970); Billboard #14
“Spirit in the Sky,” Norman Greenbaum (1970); Billboard #3
“(Jesus Christ) Superstar,” Murray Head (1971); Billboard #14
“I Don’t Know How to Love Him,” Yvonne Elliman (1971); Billboard #28
“I Don’t Know How to Love Him,” Helen Reddy (1971); Billboard #13
“Put Your Hand in the Hand,” Ocean (1971); Billboard #2
“Day by Day,” The Cast of Godspell (1972); Billboard #13
“Jesus is Just Alright’,” The Doobie Brothers (1972); Billboard #35 

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

DeplorablePatriot » 12 Sep 2022, 2:29 pm » wrote: The Christian rock or hit music most all of us enjoyed:

“Jesus is a Soul Man,” Lawrence Reynolds (1969); Billboard #28
“Are You Ready?” Pacific Gas and Electric (1970); Billboard #14
“Spirit in the Sky,” Norman Greenbaum (1970); Billboard #3
“(Jesus Christ) Superstar,” Murray Head (1971); Billboard #14
“I Don’t Know How to Love Him,” Yvonne Elliman (1971); Billboard #28
“I Don’t Know How to Love Him,” Helen Reddy (1971); Billboard #13
“Put Your Hand in the Hand,” Ocean (1971); Billboard #2
“Day by Day,” The Cast of Godspell (1972); Billboard #13
“Jesus is Just Alright’,” The Doobie Brothers (1972); Billboard #35
What about the Jesus song in my sig line ****?  That's a good Jesus song.

And here's another good one by John Prine, it goes...

There's a hole in daddy's arm
Where all the money goes 
Jesus Christ died for nothin'
I suppose

Great Jesus song.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

DeplorablePatriot » 12 Sep 2022, 2:29 pm » wrote:
Modern Marxist, anti-American liberals are extreme political leftists who base their entire lives on attempting to change everyone around them in every aspect of their lives, bash Christianity, and remove all personal choice.
Oh yeah, sure...you conjobs are the great defenders of personal choice in America.
NPR June 24, 2022
www.npr.org
Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ending right to abortion.

Apparently an American woman's personal choice to have control over her own body doesn't count with you sexist rat bastards.

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

IkeBana » 12 Sep 2022, 2:41 pm » wrote: What about the Jesus song in my sig line ****?  That's a good Jesus song.

And here's another good one by John Prine, it goes...

There's a hole in daddy's arm
Where all the money goes 
Jesus Christ died for nothin'
I suppose

Great Jesus song.

Do you believe in Jesus, or just enjoy the song?

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Eminem is making a Christian album. Justin Bieber announced he accepted Jesus. Kanye has been public about his faith. Perhaps we are seeing a revival?

Skans

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Neo » 12 Sep 2022, 2:58 pm » wrote: Eminem is making a Christian album. Justin Bieber announced he accepted Jesus. Kanye has been public about his faith. Perhaps we are seeing a revival?
Don't forget about Elvis.
  • Saved
  • His Hand in Mine
  • He Touched Me.
  • I Got a Feelin
  • Joshua Fit The Battle
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Peace In The Valley
  • Amazing Grace
  • Lead Me, Guide Me
  • He Is My Everything

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

IkeBana » 12 Sep 2022, 2:54 pm » wrote: Oh yeah, sure...you conjobs are the great defenders of personal choice in America.

Apparently an American woman's personal choice to have control over her own body doesn't count with you sexist rat bastards.

Again. Do you believe in Jesus, or just enjoy the songs? Have a go at it.  :rofl:  

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Neo » 12 Sep 2022, 2:58 pm » wrote: Eminem is making a Christian album. Justin Bieber announced he accepted Jesus. Kanye has been public about his faith. Perhaps we are seeing a revival?
There have been frequent conversions of celebrities to Christianity for as long as I can remember. Eminem, Bieber and Kanye are probably not an indication of any trend.

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

IkeBana » 12 Sep 2022, 2:54 pm » wrote: Oh yeah, sure...you conjobs are the great defenders of personal choice in America.

ONCE IKE  FULFILLS HIS DREAM TO BECOME A FULL TIME BRITISH ROYAL SUBJECT ..THE ONLY CHOICE THEY WILL GIVE IKE  IS TO EITHER KEEP HIS  MOUTH SHUT IF IKE DISAGREES WITH THEIR POLITICAL POLICIES OR ELSE  SPEND TIME BEHIND BARS.    :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:  

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

DeplorablePatriot » 12 Sep 2022, 2:29 pm » wrote: What happened? Some of my favorite music was from the days when we had Christian related rock. The early 70's was prime time for that. Not that he was or is now a Christian, or liberal (most musicians were and are now considered liberals in the sense of artistic freedom and artistic license) but some rock singers such a Peter Frampton, wore a large Crucifix on stage. 

Modern Marxist, anti-American liberals are extreme political leftists who base their entire lives on attempting to change everyone around them in every aspect of their lives, bash Christianity, and remove all personal choice. These Marxists are not the liberals from over 50 years ago. Do not confuse the two. Liberals of yesteryear, aside from blacks, were mostly a benevolent, laid-back group who had tolerance and could mesh with their neighbors, regardless of a difference in beliefs or lifestyles. Both sides tended to avoid confrontation, finding a more peaceful existence. Music USED to bring most everyone together. Now, too much "music" from the left, especially blacks, has become confrontational, hateful, racist, and divisive...and without talent. 

Enough of the rant. Do you liberals here enjoy this music but bash the lyrics? Are you a hypocrite? SIIYA SLAREBIL! (First to solve that anagram receives greenies) Who's smart?

The Christian rock or hit music most all of us enjoyed:

Ozzy Osbourne was a real Christian: He sang a lot about hell! and wore a crucifix.
https://youtu.be/N7FKAhIVD80

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

DeplorablePatriot » 12 Sep 2022, 2:56 pm » wrote: Do you believe in Jesus, or just enjoy the song?
Jesus was OK...but he ain't god.

ScottMon

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

I always thought it was funny that so many Christmas songs were written by Jews.

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

IkeBana » 12 Sep 2022, 7:13 pm » wrote: Jesus was OK...but he ain't god.

That didn't answer the question. Try again. Do you believe in Jesus? You're a poor deflector, but possibly a Mexican defector.  :rofl:  

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

ScottMon » 12 Sep 2022, 7:17 pm » wrote: I always thought it was funny that so many Christmas songs were written by Jews.

Jews do whatever makes them money. Not really funny, just the way it is.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

Eighty percent of humanity has some sort of delusional belief in a supreme being.  It makes mortality so much more tolerable.  Of course...if it isn't your particular brand of religion...the christian god who sends you to hell because he loves you, etc., etc., then it's a gutter religion and all the adherents therein are going to your christian hell.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

Skans » 12 Sep 2022, 3:19 pm » wrote: Don't forget about Elvis.
  • Saved
  • His Hand in Mine
  • He Touched Me.
  • I Got a Feelin
  • Joshua Fit The Battle
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Peace In The Valley
  • Amazing Grace
  • Lead Me, Guide Me
  • He Is My Everything
As Elvis once said to one of the recently legal **** toys (wearing the little white panties he always provided), "I've tried 'em all baby, and believe me...Dilaudid is the best."

That Elvis, a real spiritual role model for white supremacist christian Americans.

Last edited by Ike Bana on 13 Sep 2022, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

DeplorablePatriot » 12 Sep 2022, 3:33 pm » wrote: Again. Do you believe in Jesus, or just enjoy the songs? Have a go at it.  Image
One of my favorites.  Reckon why you depend on us to come up with the really good ones, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItihVmfaJIY

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

DeplorablePatriot » 12 Sep 2022, 8:43 pm » wrote: Jews do whatever makes them money. Not really funny, just the way it is.
Jews have been the composers, lyicists and performers of more great popular music than their numbers in the general population would suggest.  Yep...just the way it is.

Jewish Rock Musicians

roadkill

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

DeplorablePatriot » 12 Sep 2022, 2:56 pm » wrote: Do you believe in Jesus, or just enjoy the song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ12Fd0AlAw