This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Skans

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

IkeBana » 13 Sep 2022, 7:58 am » wrote: As Elvis once said to one of the recently legal **** toys (wearing the little white panties he always provided), "I've tried 'em all baby, and believe me...Dilaudid is the best."

That Elvis, a real spiritual role model for white supremacist christian Americans.
Elvis is Forgiven.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Elvis was no MAGA man. And he was not that big a Jesus freak, either.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
IkeBana » 13 Sep 2022, 7:53 am » wrote: Eighty percent of humanity has some sort of delusional belief in a supreme being.  It makes mortality so much more tolerable.  Of course...if it isn't your particular brand of religion...the christian god who sends you to hell because he loves you, etc., etc., then it's a gutter religion and all the adherents therein are going to your christian hell.
I am glad I am not in the 20% of enlightened ones. It's more logical to believe we live in the vaginal juices of an impossibly large toad than to buy the notion the universe is the result of random happenstance.  I have studied many faiths while questioning the state of the human condition. The commonalities far outweigh the differences. All acknowledge we are created beings, that the universe is a creative work. Acceptance or rejection of that obvious truth is paramount. 

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Neo » 13 Sep 2022, 8:52 am » wrote: I am glad I am not in the 20% of enlightened ones. It's more logical to believe we live in the vaginal juices of an impossibly large toad than to buy the notion the universe is the result of random happenstance.  I have studied many faiths while questioning the state of the human condition. The commonalities far outweigh the differences. All acknowledge we are created beings, that the universe is a creative work. Acceptance or rejection of that obvious truth is paramount.
We also know that evolutionary change can actually be caused by bombardment of DNA by random particles from outside this planet.

Most religions have creation myths, but they differ greatly, and are far less important in some religions than in others.
Tibetan and Zen Buddhism and Hinduism do not place a lot of importance on creation, for example.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Xavier_Onassis » 13 Sep 2022, 9:10 am » wrote: We also know that evolutionary change can actually be caused by bombardment of DNA by random particles from outside this planet.

Most religions have creation myths, but they differ greatly, and are far less important in some religions than in others.
Tibetan and Zen Buddhism and Hinduism do not place a lot of importance on creation, for example.
Agree that eastern faiths tend to give less time to creation but they still accept and promote we are created beings. Their focus tends to be on the individual improving and growing so they can eventually join the creator. A fools errand according to western religion but admirable. 

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

I don't think that all Liberals loved God and Jesus songs. Some did, some did not, many were indifferent.
The popularity of music is rated by the sales of recordings.

Music is an art form, like painting, sculpture, architecture and films.

I am pretty sure a lot more people have watched "Groundhog Day"and "The Big Lebowski" a lot more often that "The Passion of the Christ".

Phil Conners (Bill Murray's character in GH Day) and The Dude are both much more likeable characters that the Jesus character in "The Passion of the Christ", played by Jim Caviezel.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

Skans » 13 Sep 2022, 8:20 am » wrote: Elvis is Forgiven.
Source?  Unless god spaketh to thee, in which case it has to be determined that you are either immaculate or psychotic.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Elvis died on the throne.  There is no indication that a priest was nearby to hear his last confession. But of course, he was also a Southern Baptist. Elvis was perhaps forgiven of his sins.

Should he be forgiven for "Fun in Acapulco"?
When I lived in Mexico, I could always get a whole room full of Mexicans laughing their heads of at his cover of the song "Guadalajara".
The film was only a few steps away from being actual camp.

Squatchman

Share      Unread post

Because Jesus songs blow.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 13 Sep 2022, 9:37 am » wrote: Elvis died on the throne.  There is no indication that a priest was nearby to hear his last confession. But of course, he was also a Southern Baptist. Elvis was perhaps forgiven of his sins.

Strainin' stool
To a heart is cruel
I don't want no laxatuv
Baby it's just you
I'm thinkin' of...

Steve Dahl

Pastafarian

Share      Unread post

DeplorablePatriot » 12 Sep 2022, 2:29 pm » wrote: What happened? Some of my favorite music was from the days when we had Christian related rock. The early 70's was prime time for that. Not that he was or is now a Christian, or liberal (most musicians were and are now considered liberals in the sense of artistic freedom and artistic license) but some rock singers such a Peter Frampton, wore a large Crucifix on stage. 

Modern Marxist, anti-American liberals are extreme political leftists who base their entire lives on attempting to change everyone around them in every aspect of their lives, bash Christianity, and remove all personal choice. These Marxists are not the liberals from over 50 years ago. Do not confuse the two. Liberals of yesteryear, aside from blacks, were mostly a benevolent, laid-back group who had tolerance and could mesh with their neighbors, regardless of a difference in beliefs or lifestyles. Both sides tended to avoid confrontation, finding a more peaceful existence. Music USED to bring most everyone together. Now, too much "music" from the left, especially blacks, has become confrontational, hateful, racist, and divisive...and without talent. 

Enough of the rant. Do you liberals here enjoy this music but bash the lyrics? Are you a hypocrite? SIIYA SLAREBIL! (First to solve that anagram receives greenies) Who's smart?

The Christian rock or hit music most all of us enjoyed:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLoEBbZNis

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5MMmEygsY

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
I stop at this one... good rock song. LOLOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2msh0jut2Y

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
lol. hoot... another good rock song.???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cl_Erj14Ec

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

I recall this gem,Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.
Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
I asked my grandmother, who was fond pf this song, why anyone would want to hide themselves in a roc
She said, "you will understand when you are older."
Then I asked why anyone would appear naked before a rock and ask it to dress them.
And she said the same thing.

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

IkeBana » 13 Sep 2022, 9:33 am » wrote: Source?  Unless god spaketh to thee, in which case it has to be determined that you are either immaculate or psychotic.
SCAMS is psychotic! This I know from his posts! :evil:   :evil:   :evil:  

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

JESUS CHRIST ON A POGO STICK!!!  I only got halfway through the youtube when I got an acid flashback so bad it was suddenly October 21st 1971, I'm in the Auditorium Theater in Chicago, The Dead are playing St. Stephen and from up in the first balcony I can see the crowd down on the main floor and it looks like an undulating sea of protoplasm!!!  It freaked me out!  Stop doing that!!!

PS - despite the content of the song, Norman Greenbaum remains an observant orthodox Jew.  So to him, Jesus was just another rabbi.

Last edited by Ike Bana on 13 Sep 2022, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
IkeBana » 13 Sep 2022, 1:14 pm » wrote: JESUS CHRIST ON A POGO STICK!!!  I only got halfway through the youtube when I got an acid flashback so bad it was suddenly October 21st 1971, I'm in the Auditorium Theater in Chicago, The Dead are playing St. Stephen and from up in the first balcony I can see the crowd down on the main floor and it looks like an undulating sea of protoplasm!!!  It freaked me out!  Stop doing that!!!
Me too. I know your soul Mr. Ike. giggle... dont I?
lets get back to basics. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1CExH8Pog

:blush:   :blush:  

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 13 Sep 2022, 1:23 pm » wrote: Me too. I know your soul Mr. Ike. giggle... dont I?
lets get back to basics. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1CExH8Pog

Image   Image
I don't know how to break this to you Buffy, but you are the lunatic fringe...

You got to blame someone
For your own confusion
We're on guard this time
Against your final solution

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
IkeBana » 13 Sep 2022, 3:20 pm » wrote: I don't know how to break this to you Buffy, but you are the lunatic fringe...

You got to blame someone
For your own confusion
We're on guard this time
Against your final solution
ha ha ha..
Thats debatable? Maybe-just maybe- we both are? Just dif sides. :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   appreciate it for what it is? 

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

One of my faves in HS. Still is. Norman!  :D