This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

JinnMartini » 20 Sep 2022, 6:14 pm » wrote: If it is  MY  cake  . . .  I can do anything I want with it !

I can eat it  . . .  feed it to my dogs  . . .  or flush it down the toilet !

What I do with it is no one's business !

It's  MY  cake !
It is not your cake if you stole it.
Trump STOLE these documents. He was prohibited from doing this.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Xavier_Onassis » 22 Sep 2022, 9:44 am » wrote: It is not your cake if you stole it.
Trump STOLE these documents. He was prohibited from doing this.
Trump moved the documents while enjoying the office of the President of the United States of America. He had authority to do this. No chance this is theft. He may not have the right to keep them as he is no longer in office but theft? Come on man!

jack

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Neo » 22 Sep 2022, 9:52 am » wrote: Trump moved the documents while enjoying the office of the President of the United States of America. He had authority to do this. No chance this is theft. He may not have the right to keep them as he is no longer in office but theft? Come on man!
If the documents are not his property, and the court has just ruled they "belong to the people" not him, and if he refused to allow the documents to be returned after demand for their return was communicated to him, which he did, then technically that is "conversion", a category of theft.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

JinnMartini » 20 Sep 2022, 6:14 pm » wrote: If it is  MY  cake  . . .  I can do anything I want with it !

What I do with it is no one's business !

It's  MY  cake !
But what a woman does with HER BODY...

That's not HER business...it's your business.

What a trans person does with THEIR body...that your business as well.

It appears that everything is your business, which makes nothing anybody else's business but yours.

And I thought Donald was a hostile and malignant narcissist.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

Neo » 22 Sep 2022, 9:52 am » wrote: Trump moved the documents while enjoying the office of the President of the United States of America. He had authority to do this. No chance this is theft. He may not have the right to keep them as he is no longer in office but theft? Come on man!
Wrong...
Why can't presidents keep their documents these days?The rules changed for one reason: Watergate.When President Nixon resigned amid the 1974 scandal, he wanted to take his documents to his home in California — including his infamous tape recordings.

Congress realized it would not have access to that material, and they also feared it could be destroyed. So legislators passed the Presidential Recordings and Materials Preservation Act, which made all of Nixon's material public property.However, that measure applied to Nixon only. In 1978, Congress passed the more sweeping Presidential Records Act that has been the standard ever since."Every president, when they leave office, those records that have been created by the president and his staff are presidential records that go to the National Archives," Baron said. "The owner is the American people."
This includes all presidential material, whether it's routine, unclassified notes or top-secret national security documents.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
jack » 22 Sep 2022, 10:06 am » wrote: If the documents are not his property, and the court has just ruled they "belong to the people" not him, and if he refused to allow the documents to be returned after demand for their return was communicated to him, which he did, then technically that is "conversion", a category of theft.
Disputed items have a process illustrated through the presidential records act. They have a process for dispute resolution, none of it includes fbi raids on former presidents homes, there is no criminal penalties associated.  Setting an interesting precedent here, my nihilistic side wants to see Trump reelected so democrats get a taste of what conservative are complaining about. 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
And what are the criminal penalties for keeping disputed documents? Ya seem to have left that part out. There is a process, they were in negotiations. National archives were never denied access to Mara logo. 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
IkeBana » 22 Sep 2022, 10:28 am » wrote: But what a woman does with HER BODY...

That's not HER business...it's your business.

What a trans person does with THEIR body...that your business as well.

It appears that everything is your business, which makes nothing anybody else's business but yours.

And I thought Donald was a hostile and malignant narcissist.
A baby is not a part of a women's body. No one is telling trannies not to mutilate themselves. Likely better that such unstable people self select themselves for removal from the gene pool. 

jack

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Neo » 22 Sep 2022, 11:18 am » wrote: Disputed items have a process illustrated through the presidential records act. They have a process for dispute resolution, none of it includes fbi raids on former presidents homes, there is no criminal penalties associated.  Setting an interesting precedent here, my nihilistic side wants to see Trump reelected so democrats get a taste of what conservative are complaining about.
The documents in question are not "Presidential records". They are national security documents and, as the Eleventh Circuit unanimously said, "belong to the people". Yeah, you're nihilistic side no doubt would get a taste of conservatives complaints but it would have no more basis in law than their current complaining against the DOJ.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

Neo » 22 Sep 2022, 11:20 am » wrote: And what are the criminal penalties for keeping disputed documents?
We shall see.  In more recent times, outside of Nixon, we have not had a president or former president who thought he could just do whatever the **** he wanted.  If Nixon hadn't been pardoned by Ford in exchange for his resignation, he would have gone to prison for obstruction of justice and conspiracy to commit obstruction.  And Nixon was lucky because he could have been and should have been executed for the treason he committed just before the 1968 presidential election.

Last edited by Ike Bana on 22 Sep 2022, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
IkeBana » 22 Sep 2022, 11:29 am » wrote: We shall see.  In morfe recent times, outside of Nixon, we have not had a president or former president who thought he could just do whatever the **** he wanted to do.  And if Nixon hadn't been pardoned by Ford in exchange for his resignation, he would have gone to prison.  And Nixon was lucky because he could have been executed for the treason he committed just before the 1968 presidential election.
Nixon had knowledge after the fact of a crime, that is hardly treason. Criminal? Sure, but not treason. The dnc, by paying millions of dollars to Russian spy agencies through a former British intelligence agent for damaging information on Trump was far closer to treason. Particularly when this foreign sourced intelligence was used to justify domestic spying on a duly elected president of the United States. 

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Neo » 22 Sep 2022, 11:33 am » wrote: Nixon had knowledge after the fact of a crime, that is hardly treason. Criminal? Sure, but not treason. The dnc, by paying millions of dollars to Russian spy agencies through a former British intelligence agent for damaging information on Trump was far closer to treason. Particularly when this foreign sourced intelligence was used to justify domestic spying on a duly elected president of the United States.
Another stream of **** performance by Lady QaNeon. 

How many times must you be shown what WAS used.

The duly elected President you refer to is currently at risk of being charged under the espionage act.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Neo » 22 Sep 2022, 11:20 am » wrote: And what are the criminal penalties for keeping disputed documents? Ya seem to have left that part out. There is a process, they were in negotiations. National archives were never denied access to Mara logo.
These were GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS and they belonged on GOVERNMENT PROPERTY.
Trump took them without permission and locked them up in his mansion, and OF COURSE the National Archives was denied access them.
Trump got his stupid lawyers to swear that ALL the documents had been delivered when this was UNTRUE.
Trump is a thief, by any definition of the word,

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Neo » 22 Sep 2022, 11:22 am » wrote: A baby is not a part of a women's body. No one is telling trannies not to mutilate themselves. Likely better that such unstable people self select themselves for removal from the gene pool.

a women's body.
The Deliverance extras who giggle

Define "woman"

can't even SPELL the word.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
Blackvegetable » 22 Sep 2022, 6:38 am » wrote: Don't resent me because I'm literate, and you're not.

You stick with Frank from Missouri.
Why not resent you? You spread ****.
In your "mind" I am targeting your threads... and you tell others.

If someone IS dumping your threads, good for them. I don't resent that.

btw
I still don't know who this "Frank" guy is but if you hate him, he's probably alright.
Keep repeating nonsense from years ago. Very effective.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Blackvegetable » 22 Sep 2022, 12:52 pm » wrote:
The Deliverance extras who giggle

Define "woman"

can't even SPELL the word.
Adult female of the human species. Your definition that includes men that feel like women or lie about their sex is unsupported. 

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Neo » 22 Sep 2022, 1:33 pm » wrote: Adult female of the human species. Your definition that includes men that feel like women or lie about their sex is unsupported.
Why would I listen to someone who struggles to SPELL the word?

It is a consistent tell.

List the dumbest slack jaws on this forum - they all exhibit the same tendency. 

Shamelessly.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Blackvegetable » 22 Sep 2022, 1:36 pm » wrote: Why would I listen to someone who struggles to SPELL the word?

It is a consistent tell.

List the dumbest slack jaws on this forum - they all exhibit the same tendency. 

Shamelessly.
When you can't defend your positions critiquing spelling is a good standby. **** pathetic IMHO but u do u. 

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
DeezerShoove » 22 Sep 2022, 1:24 pm » wrote: Why not resent you? You spread ****.
In your "mind" I am targeting your threads... and you tell others.

If someone IS dumping your threads, good for them. I don't resent that.

btw
I still don't know who this "Frank" guy is but if you hate him, he's probably alright.
Ok, then.

Go ahead and resent me because I'm literate.

Geez.....
On the Holmes Front....OAN contributor in its infancy.

A sharp recall can be a terrible thing.
HERE'S A PHOTO OF YOUR CAR WITH **** ON IT! FROM SOMETIME LAST DECADE...

What a total douche...

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Neo » 22 Sep 2022, 1:38 pm » wrote: When you can't defend your positions critiquing spelling is a good standby. **** pathetic IMHO but u do u.
When you can't make a **** bit of sense insist that your lack of literacy is a sign of "authenticity"