This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Should we lock a thread that has been "resolved"?

Poll ended at 29 Sep 2022, 9:51 am

Yes, to prevent the useless bickering after discussion seems exhausted.
No votes
No, there's usually more to the issue.
80%
Sometimes, depending on a general consensus.
No votes
Only when the "off-topic or feud" takes over and OP forgotten.
20%

Total votes: 10

Jinn Martini

Share      Unread post

Forum Patron Emeritus
Politics: Conservative

Whatever floats your boat !

I am ! 

I just a benevolent tyrant ! 

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

To kick retards? :)

If you lock every thread that devolves into political **** slinging, every thread will be locked.

IMHO

Tulum

Share      Unread post

JinnMartini » 21 Sep 2022, 12:52 pm » wrote: Whatever floats your boat !

I am ! 

I just a benevolent tyrant !
You are not the "Oracle from Valdez".

Nrasobphobia

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 21 Sep 2022, 11:23 am » wrote: A post that has been debunked, yet repeated 20 times, is not a constructive post because you feel very strongly about it.
*******, you going to be in a world of hurt... All you do is bring your "****" back to life on a regular basis.

@Huey  can confirm

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Cedar » 21 Sep 2022, 1:08 pm » wrote: To kick retards? Image

If you lock every thread that devolves into political **** slinging, every thread will be locked.

IMHO
ha ha ha ..
I don't know if I ever saw a thread on here?  Ever stay on topic? The last one that came to mind was a thread that started out political.. and ended up talking about Chickens? Which was kind of interesting too... i learned a ton about chickens. :wave:  

Nrasobphobia

Share      Unread post

Why start a new rule when the EXISTING rule of posting non political topics in NHB is not uniformly enforced?

1. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70471
2. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70500

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Cucurbitophobia » 21 Sep 2022, 1:46 pm » wrote: Why start a new rule when the EXISTING rule of posting non political topics in NHB is not uniformly enforced?

1. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70471
2. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70500
Deezer polices it?
But sometimes he sends a really fun thread away,,,  To my water cooler... Deezer? LOL and i'm trying to clean that place up? Deeze- dump it in the liberal forum? ha ha  better place for trash. ;)  

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
Cucurbitophobia » 21 Sep 2022, 12:38 pm » wrote: Oh yeah.. the OP.. got it...
BV refuses to post the links to original articles, cherry picks information, only presents limited information.
It was just a thought.  :rofl:  

Skans

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

DeezerShoove » 21 Sep 2022, 9:51 am » wrote: Locking a thread prevents further comments.
Sometimes (I'm being diplomatic) a thread goes off the rails and bickering overwhelms the topic.
That's the nature of these forums.  All threads eventually devolve into immature, little boy quips. That's 99.99% of @Cannonpointer 's posts.  You'd have to lock any thread Cannonpointer ever participated in.  But, then again, what do you expect from a pretend conservative who is a collectivist, FDR-dicksucking, Putin-worshipng, tranny-addicted public- bathroom toe-tapper?

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Skans » 21 Sep 2022, 2:50 pm » wrote: That's the nature of these forums.  All threads eventually devolve into immature, little boy quips. That's 99.99% of @Cannonpointer 's posts.  You'd have to lock any thread Cannonpointer ever participated in.  But, then again, what do you expect from a pretend conservative who is a collectivist, FDR-dicksucking, Putin-worshipng, tranny-addicted public- bathroom toe-tapper?
^ Looks like someone dropped his poopsicle, and now he's got a saggy diaper that leaks. Image

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Skans » 21 Sep 2022, 2:50 pm » wrote: That's the nature of these forums.  All threads eventually devolve into immature, little boy quips. That's 99.99% of @Cannonpointer 's posts.  You'd have to lock any thread Cannonpointer ever participated in.  But, then again, what do you expect from a pretend conservative who is a collectivist, FDR-dicksucking, Putin-worshipng, tranny-addicted public- bathroom toe-tapper?
Skans? good in theory- it will never work.
but a waste of time,,, your right..
Maybe deeze is drinking? DEEZER? where are you? :lol:  

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
I don't think he taps his toes.

Skans

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

DeezerShoove » 21 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm » wrote: I don't think he taps his toes.
Who was that foot-tapping Senator who got arrested for touching toes with a cop in an Airport bathroom?  Can't remember who that was.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
sootedupCyndi » 21 Sep 2022, 3:27 pm » wrote: Skans? good in theory- it will never work.
but a waste of time,,, your right..
Maybe deeze is drinking? DEEZER? where are you? Image
I figured it would be an interesting set of views from the forum in general.

Most thread devolve in two ways:
******* and slander personal attacks with personal histories recounted citing only part of the story.
Info and issues tangential to the OP sap the energy; title long ago became a quasi-click bait.

In trying to clean some of the ****, I move (good and bad) stuff to Water Cooler.
It is supposedly a political forum No Holds Barred Political Forum.
I figure this includes a societal aspect as well.

But you see in this very thread that some people want everything left on the slab.
Some people want more sorting. You want your version of sorting for example.

I left the poll open for a week. I wanted to see how **** up it can get.
It's already **** up... :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:  
I expect not much will come of it.

It would be nice to wipe some to the crap off of the board. But a "pet project" might die... :rolleyes:  
Then there's the resulting Nuremberg Trials and charges of being tyrants.
The "Chosen" persecuted, criminals getting away with brutal posts and threads, woe is me...
"Holy ****, you petty prick! My thread was a work of art! That other guy DOES suck!"

Average chronological age here is probably 45-50 years.
Average emotional age here is 12-14 years.

;)   :wave:  

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
Skans » 21 Sep 2022, 4:38 pm » wrote: Who was that foot-tapping Senator who got arrested for touching toes with a cop in an Airport bathroom?  Can't remember who that was.
I forget. Senator WideStance Dicksucker, I think.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
DeezerShoove » 21 Sep 2022, 5:06 pm » wrote: I figured it would be an interesting set of views from the forum in general.

Most thread devolve in two ways:
******* and slander personal attacks with personal histories recounted citing only part of the story.
Info and issues tangential to the OP sap the energy; title long ago became a quasi-click bait.

In trying to clean some of the ****, I move (good and bad) stuff to Water Cooler.
It is supposedly a political forum No Holds Barred Political Forum.
I figure this includes a societal aspect as well.

But you see in this very thread that some people want everything left on the slab.
Some people want more sorting. You want your version of sorting for example.

I left the poll open for a week. I wanted to see how **** up it can get.
It's already **** up... Image   Image   Image  
I expect not much will come of it.

It would be nice to wipe some to the crap off of the board. But a "pet project" might die... Image  
Then there's the resulting Nuremberg Trials and charges of being tyrants.
The "Chosen" persecuted, criminals getting away with brutal posts and threads, woe is me...
"Holy ****, you petty prick! My thread was a work of art! That other guy DOES suck!"

Average chronological age here is probably 45-50 years.
Average emotional age here is 12-14 years.

Image   Image
I was gonna say.. this thread will end up in big arguments.  ;)  

omh

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 21 Sep 2022, 11:23 am » wrote: A post that has been debunked, yet repeated 20 times, is not a constructive post because you feel very strongly about it.
to debunk hyperbole or hypothetical possibilities one must understand physical absolute compounding changes taking place in plain sight removing all established doubt handed down traditionally serving humanity.

Jinn Martini

Share      Unread post

Forum Patron Emeritus

sootedupCyndi » 21 Sep 2022, 5:22 pm » wrote: I was gonna say.. this thread will end up in big arguments.  Image

This thread will be forgotten the day after tomorrow ! 

Nrasobphobia

Share      Unread post

JinnMartini » 21 Sep 2022, 5:38 pm » wrote: This thread will be forgotten the day after tomorrow !
Have a safe flight to Italy! 

Jinn Martini

Share      Unread post

Forum Patron Emeritus

Cucurbitophobia » 21 Sep 2022, 6:00 pm » wrote: Have a safe flight to Italy!
About one week from now.

You're very kind to me.