This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Should we lock a thread that has been "resolved"?

Poll ended at 29 Sep 2022, 9:51 am

Yes, to prevent the useless bickering after discussion seems exhausted.
0
No votes
No, there's usually more to the issue.
8
80%
Sometimes, depending on a general consensus.
0
No votes
Only when the "off-topic or feud" takes over and OP forgotten.
2
20%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 19,607
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
IkeBana » 22 Sep 2022, 8:09 am » wrote: I'm an environmentalist.  Plastic water bottles are the anti-christ.  Of course I don't believe in the baby Jesus or that he was inherently any different from any other swarthy middle eastern Jew baby from back in those times, but I wanted to use a phrase that had the full emotional effect.

You dramatic Munchausen types with your multi deadly environmental sensitivities are among the most wacky people I ever ran into in all my years on the job.  Certainly there are some folks who will be dead if they eat a peanut or a shrimp.  But allergic to modern medicine?  ****' really?  WTF happened to you?  Did mommy and daddy take your Nuk away too early?
Ha ha ha ha..  Which pill or story would you like to hear about.? I got a TON! Image  
This is a good one.. They put me on this antibiotic.( wasnt penicillian VK).   Had a bad bug bite on my head...at the time- my ol man was in the hospital.
My drinking buddy- that lived with us was there. I headed out to my chiropractor- On my own. I knew i shouldn't have done that.. It gave me bad hives and  did not feel quite right..

Anyways.. I got there ok... it was coming home that was the problem.  TWO hours driving... and I lost my way coming home. driving all over these back roads.  That I have done for years,,,I didn't know where I WAS.
Finally I got back... Bob. Where you been Cyndi? Honestly Bob I dont know.  :die:  Next day... Boom to the ER i went.
so then I was Mad.. Come to find out. The damn drug was banned in Europe. and black boxed here. LOLOL
 

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 8,253
Location: About 4,000 miles from center.

bullseye
Cedar » 22 Sep 2022, 7:16 am » wrote: I can’t help but notice this thread would be locked by now.

**chuckle**
;)  

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 8,253
Location: About 4,000 miles from center.

bullseye
Cucurbitophobia » 22 Sep 2022, 7:59 am » wrote: No fightback?
75% VOTED NO!
MY SUGGESTION?
NO MORE NEW RULES UNTIL YOU START ENFORCING THE EXISTING RULE
ON POSTING NON POLITICAL DISCUSSION IN NHB. MOVE THAT **** TO THE WATER COOLER
You're lucky this is "on topic", sir.

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 19,607
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Deezer? Were you over tired when you thought this up? Van Gogh.. Do what you do best? :blush:  

User avatar
Nrasobphobia

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 9,802

DeezerShoove » 22 Sep 2022, 1:25 pm » wrote: You're lucky this is "on topic", sir.
why would I post something off topic? 
 

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 8,253
Location: About 4,000 miles from center.

bullseye
sootedupCyndi » 22 Sep 2022, 1:26 pm » wrote: Deezer? Were you over tired when you thought this up? Van Gogh.. Do what you do best? Image
I like a minor reaction off the beaten path once in a while.
There have been many civil requests and many surly demands to 
"do this" or "do that".
So I looked at a couple of very doable options and thought I'd see what the forum thinks.

I could lock (and unlock threads) for half the price of a Peanut Gallery thread.
The entire country is third-world-bribed every day, why not NHB?
Lots of way to skin this cat. :wave:  

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 8,253
Location: About 4,000 miles from center.

bullseye
Cucurbitophobia » 22 Sep 2022, 1:27 pm » wrote: why would I post something off topic?
Because you hate some fellow posters like everybody else?

Perhaps you are senile?

Maybe you wanted the thread locked? (Might have to go back and retroactively audit/lock)

User avatar
Nrasobphobia

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 9,802

DeezerShoove » 22 Sep 2022, 1:36 pm » wrote: Because you hate some fellow posters like everybody else?

Perhaps you are senile?

Maybe you wanted the thread locked? (Might have to go back and retroactively audit/lock)
Perhaps I hate reading Water Cooler subjects in the NHB?
Did that ever cross your mind?
Oh now you are a mental health expert?
 
 

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 8,253
Location: About 4,000 miles from center.

bullseye
Cucurbitophobia » 22 Sep 2022, 1:48 pm » wrote: Perhaps I hate reading Water Cooler subjects in the NHB?
Did that ever cross your mind?
Oh now you are a mental health expert?
You concern is noted. The study this poll represents will have no effect on current members.
You are grandfathered in.
New board names (soks included especially) may face the new lock rule.

The Water Cooler may be renamed "Ice Tray" due to lack of activity.

That is all.

User avatar
Nrasobphobia

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 9,802

DeezerShoove » 22 Sep 2022, 1:57 pm » wrote: You concern is noted. The study this poll represents will have no effect on current members.
You are grandfathered in.
New board names (soks included especially) may face the new lock rule.

The Water Cooler may be renamed "Ice Tray" due to lack of activity.

That is all.
Thanks for the consideration, that is all I ask.
have a Blessed Day

Go extra hard on that ******* BV.
 
 

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 19,607
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
DeezerShoove » 22 Sep 2022, 1:33 pm » wrote: I like a minor reaction off the beaten path once in a while.
There have been many civil requests and many surly demands to 
"do this" or "do that".
So I looked at a couple of very doable options and thought I'd see what the forum thinks.

I could lock (and unlock threads) for half the price of a Peanut Gallery thread.
The entire country is third-world-bribed every day, why not NHB?
Lots of way to skin this cat. Image
I will tell you a story... Back in the day..
I was on Ebay.. What a grand place it was? When Meg ran it... She had Schnauzers by the way..
It  self policed..  If a buyer bought from  a scamster,,,, and got ripped off- too bad. should have looked? :wave:  
In other words.. 
Then the control came in..  Don't worry,,,, the posters here will iron things out,,, they really dont need mods stepping in. :wave:  

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 8,253
Location: About 4,000 miles from center.

bullseye
Cucurbitophobia » 22 Sep 2022, 2:00 pm » wrote: Thanks for the consideration, that is all I ask.
have a Blessed Day

Go extra hard on that ******* BV.
He is my friend. Doesn't that seem apparent?
Maybe he is misinterpreting my gentle cajoling to be a better person... hmmm.

You've given me pause for thought.
 

User avatar
Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,814
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: 51°55'58.4"N 4°28'12.2"E

DeezerShoove » 21 Sep 2022, 9:51 am » wrote: Locking a thread prevents further comments.
Sometimes (I'm being diplomatic) a thread goes off the rails and bickering overwhelms the topic.

edit add for clarity: The thread could be unlocked if need be.
I voted no, not because there usually more to the issue... no thread stays on topic for more than a few pages... lol... but that can be fun too and it's often more interesting than the original topic... no need to close a thread because the issue has been 'resolved', if it has been resolved people won't post in it anymore and it will disappear from the first few pages in no time... I can think of an exception though, it would be nice if could close the peanut safe space threads of the B.See troll... the issue has been resolved, no one gives a **** about his spam...

:die:  

Image
 

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 8,253
Location: About 4,000 miles from center.

bullseye
Jantje_Smit » 23 Sep 2022, 7:08 am » wrote: I voted no, not because there usually more to the issue... no thread stays on topic for more than a few pages... lol... but that can be fun too and it's often more interesting than the original topic... no need to close a thread because the issue has been 'resolved', if it has been resolved people won't post in it anymore and it will disappear from the first few pages in no time... I can think of an exception though, it would be nice if could close the peanut safe space threads of the B.See troll... the issue has been resolved, no one gives a **** about his spam...

Image  

Image
For the hell of it I counted it off a couple times.

Less than a week apart, that ******* brings back the same eight threads yet again.
This has been multiple times... who would otherwise notice the desperate attention seeking?

And you're right about how much people care. They don't.
It has become spam basically.

Locking them would make them disappear off the front page.
 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, ConsRule, dickens, FJB, FOS, GHETTO BLASTER, Goodgrief, Google [Bot], Ike Bana, Jantje_Smit, jefftec, makdas, Monderegal, NEILCAR, Neo, Olivaw, PaperLi [Bot], Pastafarian, Pinterest [Bot], roadkill, ScottMon, SJConspirator, Skans, Squatchman, Steve Jobs [Bot], supraTruth4, Taipan, Twitter [Bot], walkingstick, Warcok, Wayback Machine [Bot], Xavier_Onassis, Zeets2 and 1 guest