This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Should we lock a thread that has been "resolved"?

Poll ended at 29 Sep 2022, 9:51 am

Yes, to prevent the useless bickering after discussion seems exhausted.
No votes
No, there's usually more to the issue.
80%
Sometimes, depending on a general consensus.
No votes
Only when the "off-topic or feud" takes over and OP forgotten.
20%

Total votes: 10

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
Locking a thread prevents further comments.
Sometimes (I'm being diplomatic) a thread goes off the rails and bickering overwhelms the topic.

edit add for clarity: The thread could be unlocked if need be.

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

DeezerShoove » 21 Sep 2022, 9:51 am » wrote: Locking a thread prevents further comments.
Sometimes (I'm being diplomatic) a thread goes off the rails and bickering overwhelms the topic.

Good Morning Deezer.
If the First Page was jam packed with threads like what you are talking about here then yeah....zap them.
It seems like The Board operates like a Free Market Economy where the value of the topics seek their own level of demand on their own.

omh

Share      Unread post

Deezer Shoove » 21 Sep 2022, 9:51 am » wrote: Locking a thread prevents further comments.
every resolve eternal issues moving into each next generation behaving exactly like all historical generations have so far? What is the missing link to intellectual planes being larger than mutually evolving population never same ancestors twice.

Looks like another way to get me cast out of the .net forum. Consensus of people never being honest about actual life govern those determined to silence anyone discussing actual displacement evolving in series parallel displacement ancestrally present now.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

DeezerShoove » 21 Sep 2022, 9:51 am » wrote: Locking a thread prevents further comments.
What's the forum called?

freeman

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

That would bury threads that otherwise could consolidate additional information on the same subject as it develops over time.
It would be better for admin to simply eliminate replies that are nonconstructive "bickering" (for example 99.9% of BacVag's replies).
Also claims that are not supported, and particularly ugly are false accusations. Every accusation should be accompanied by reasonable support. Proven false accusation should result in the elimination of the member, at least after 3 strikes.

Last edited by freeman on 21 Sep 2022, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

omh

Share      Unread post

freeman » 21 Sep 2022, 10:17 am » wrote: That would bury threads that otherwise could consolidate additional information on the same subject.
It would be better for admin to simply eliminate replies that are nonconstructive "bickering".
again, this is NHB people watching can scroll past the daytime drama and find persons actually discussing what went wrong serving humanity's quest for better tomorrows sacrificing each person's biological time evolving here now.

freeman

Share      Unread post

omh » 21 Sep 2022, 10:21 am » wrote: again, this is NHB people watching can scroll past the daytime drama and find persons actually discussing what went wrong serving humanity's quest for better tomorrows sacrificing each person's biological time evolving here now.
But the massive volume of nonconstructive posts can make that quite discouragingly difficult to do. Or....."ain't nobody got time fo dat"
Or move the bickering posts to a "bickering" forum category where the bickerers can continue on.

Edit addition: After moving the nonconstructive posts to the "bickering" category, allow posters defend their posts, and if they succeed put them back in the original thread.

Last edited by freeman on 21 Sep 2022, 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

omh

Share      Unread post

freeman » 21 Sep 2022, 10:24 am » wrote: But the massive volume of nonconstructive posts can make that quite discouragingly difficult to do. Or....."ain't nobody got time fo dat"

Beware chain of command semantics designed to keep persons in charge governing people that are forced to elect lesser of two evils that define humanity next generation as great great grandchildren replace the 30 people making up 93.75% their DNA lived last four generations to their being conceived each generated lifetime forward here now.

Accountability down to DNA combinations here. Time spent evolving since conceived vs time remaining until dead or extinction removes everyone here.

freeman

Share      Unread post

omh » 21 Sep 2022, 10:27 am » wrote: Beware chain of command semantics designed to keep persons in charge governing people that are forced to elect lesser of two evils that define humanity next generation as great great grandchildren replace the 30 people making up 93.75% their DNA lived last four generations to their being conceived each generated lifetime forward here now.

Accountability down to DNA combinations here. Time spent evolving since conceived vs time remaining until dead or extinction removes everyone here.
OK. As much as I've tried to avoid it, you taught me once again not to reply to your posts. Though I'm sure I'm not alone in recognizing that removing nonconstructive posts might be a sensitive area for you.

omh

Share      Unread post

freeman » 21 Sep 2022, 10:31 am » wrote: OK. As much as I've tried to avoid it, you taught me once again not to reply to your posts. Though I'm sure I'm not alone in recognizing that removing nonconstructive posts might be a sensitive area for you.

your character role playing career just won't accept the limitations of your ancestral time occupying space in plain sight. You mind what defines social identities cradle to grave, not time spent sustaining numbers per species and ancestral lineages present.

Defend the right to deny how and why life never exceeds occupying space for the duration of your specific reproductive cycle present.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
freeman » 21 Sep 2022, 10:24 am » wrote: But the massive volume of nonconstructive posts can make that quite discouragingly difficult to do. Or....."ain't nobody got time fo dat"
Or move the bickering posts to a "bickering" forum category where the bickerers can continue on.

Edit addition: After moving the nonconstructive posts to the "bickering" category, allow posters defend their posts, and if they succeed put them back in the original thread.
A post that has been debunked, yet repeated 20 times, is not a constructive post because you feel very strongly about it.

Tulum

Share      Unread post

I have to think about this

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
No. you know why.... thats the beauty of this place.. The freedom here.
I belong to another forum..  and all the Mods do is LOCK threads.. Move threads.. bann folks. Like a bunch of touchy little babies..
thread off topic- no link- this-that-- it becomes ridiculous.
Teacher landed there when the site org was down.. OH BOY!!!!! You know teacher... With his Horse thread.. You should have seen the fiasco. The mods went into shock.
I helped him out. :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:  

freeman

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 21 Sep 2022, 11:23 am » wrote: A post that has been debunked, yet repeated 20 times, is not a constructive post because you feel very strongly about it.
Because your feeble mind has been so compromised by Mass Formation Psychosis and confirmation bias, you no longer have the capacity to understand that just because something is contrary to the propaganda narrative that Big Pharma and their bi*ches indoctrinated you to believe and repeat ad nauseum, does not mean it is "debunked". Your claiming so generally demonstrates your incapacity to think outside of a group and beyond your masters, and willingness to lie and claim something has been "debunked" when it has not been.

When did you debunk the fact that competent clinicians around the world, have enjoyed up to 99+% success in early treatment of COVID-19 through cheap, generic, multi-drug/nutraceutical protocols, ever since March of 2020?

Like Tyson and Fareed who have now treated over 12,000 COVID patients with effectively 100% success in those that showed up for treatment on a timely basis.
Overcoming the COVID-19 Darkness: Two Doctors Successfully Treated 7000 Patients

Now before you reply remember, that just because you're willing to lie or falsely accuse and claim something is debunked, does not make it so.

https://rumble.com/embed/v1h96uh/?pub=4
Reported in fall of 2020:
1,900 COVID+ elderly and high-risk individuals 0 deaths 1 hospitalization

https://youtu.be/fe1TqxvXKTs

Last edited by freeman on 21 Sep 2022, 12:02 pm, edited 15 times in total.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
You guys ought to slash the price on the peanut gallery.. Make it cheaper.. Problemo solved. Then You wouldn't have to work- and the op does the work. Thay-er.  500$ is high- and there are a bunch of cheap skates here. Make it like 200.. It isnt real money you know. :die:  

Nrasobphobia

Share      Unread post

Who makes the determination if it has been resolved?

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Cucurbitophobia » 21 Sep 2022, 11:53 am » wrote: Who makes the determination if it has been resolved?
Exactly.. Nothing ever gets resolved.  :die:   folks would argue 2 + 2. doesnt equal 4. 

Jinn Martini

Share      Unread post

Forum Patron Emeritus

freeman » 21 Sep 2022, 10:24 am » wrote: Or move the bickering posts to a "bickering" forum category where the bickerers can continue on.

It could be called the  "Whiner's Forum" !

Seems like a good idea to me !

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
Cedar » 21 Sep 2022, 10:06 am » wrote: What's the forum called?
What is its intent?

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
JinnMartini » 21 Sep 2022, 11:59 am » wrote: It could be called the  "Whiner's Forum" !

Seems like a good idea to me !
Like org has?