This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
Buffalo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,274
Location: Central Texas

Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:12 am » wrote: If you mean why did Garland appoint a special counsel now?
It's pretty simple.
The Former Guy announced that he was running again and the guy he most likely will be running against is Joe Biden.
Since Biden is the one who appointed Garland any action he takes now will look political.
So he passed it off to a career employee at Justice.
Jack Smith is now the one who will decide whether or not to indict The Former Guy.

From The Bulwark:

Although it is impossible to remove all hints of bias or conflict, or to depoliticize what will likely be a messy process if Trump is indicted, Smith’s appointment takes President Biden and the office of the presidency as far out of the loop of a Trump prosecution as the law allows. For Garland, it’s the office that counts. He was right to do so.

https://www.thebulwark.com/appointing-a ... ight-call/
****!!! Garland is NOT apolitical, neither is Smith!!!   The timing of this next gotcha attempt to stop Trump reeks of dim-0-crap political assault because of their fear of Trump.  Smith is a deep state anti-Trump barking moonbat!!!
 

User avatar
Buffalo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,274
Location: Central Texas

Trump's problem is that he is a radical outsider to a rigged, illegitimate, rat infested swamp, political system that has been out to stop him at any cost.

If Trump has done nothing else, he has put a spotlight on the swamp rat infested corrupt "government" and how it actually works.
 

User avatar
roadkill

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,156
Politics: Conservative

Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:12 am » wrote: If you mean why did Garland appoint a special counsel now?
It's pretty simple.
The Former Guy announced that he was running again and the guy he most likely will be running against is Joe Biden.
Since Biden is the one who appointed Garland any action he takes now will look political.
So he passed it off to a career employee at Justice.
Jack Smith is now the one who will decide whether or not to indict The Former Guy.

From The Bulwark:

Although it is impossible to remove all hints of bias or conflict, or to depoliticize what will likely be a messy process if Trump is indicted, Smith’s appointment takes President Biden and the office of the presidency as far out of the loop of a Trump prosecution as the law allows. For Garland, it’s the office that counts. He was right to do so.

https://www.thebulwark.com/appointing-a ... ight-call/
Wrong again Misty...it is political. Using a front man like Smith doesn't change that.  The DOJ has been weaponized against Trump even before 2016. Smith was also involved in ideas to abuse conservatives with Obama's IRS. The conservatives the IRS abused were innocent and they've won one or two settlements. One of those settlements was over $3 million.    

The reason the DOJ did it in the first place is to help Biden by keeping a constant cloud over Trump. Uninformed hyper-partisan people will think they have evidence on Trump and they'll keep milking it until 2024.  They want to keep the news cycle filled with Orange Man Bad.

If Garland was apolitical he would have appointed a special council to investigate Hunter and Joe...there's actual evidence of corruption and crimes there and the public already knows some of it which would easily trigger an investigation if it were Trump's son's laptop.
 
They can't attack Trump's agenda because his policies worked out very well...so they have to keep the dems' hoaxes going. The dems need a boogie man and Trump is a threat to their gravy train.

 
 

User avatar
roadkill

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,156
Politics: Conservative

Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:16 am » wrote: What **** planet do you live on?

From The Bulwark:

The probe is twofold, involving (1) the unlawful interference with the transfer of power and certification of the Electoral College votes on Jan. 6, 2021; and (2) the taking of classified documents and other presidential records to Mar-a-Lago and possible obstruction of the related investigation. 

https://www.thebulwark.com/appointing-a ... ight-call/

Both items are false. If they had evidence they could have taken Trump to court long ago.

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 20,797
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:16 am » wrote: What **** planet do you live on?

From The Bulwark:

The probe is twofold, involving (1) the unlawful interference with the transfer of power and certification of the Electoral College votes on Jan. 6, 2021; and (2) the taking of classified documents and other presidential records to Mar-a-Lago and possible obstruction of the related investigation. 

https://www.thebulwark.com/appointing-a ... ight-call/
I'm Not sure what planet I live on. I think its flat. Image  
 
 

User avatar
roadkill

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,156
Politics: Conservative

IkeBana » 22 Nov 2022, 6:22 am » wrote: Why?  Why?  Why!!!!  Why is roadrash so obsessed about Garland?

I know!  Because Garland is a Jew.  That's what all this **** about Garland is about.  It's what 90% of the **** in this septic tank is all about.

90% Jews
10%  Trans
That's  it...

Wrong again Homer.  I don't focus on Jews. You would know that if you weren't constantly examining the walls of yer colon.    :)  

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 11,465
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
roadkill » 22 Nov 2022, 8:40 am » wrote:
Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:16 am » wrote: What **** planet do you live on?

From The Bulwark:

The probe is twofold, involving (1) the unlawful interference with the transfer of power and certification of the Electoral College votes on Jan. 6, 2021; and (2) the taking of classified documents and other presidential records to Mar-a-Lago and possible obstruction of the related investigation. 

https://www.thebulwark.com/appointing-a ... ight-call/
Both items are false. If they had evidence they could have taken Trump to court long ago.
Newsflash roadkill, investigations take time.
Especially when it is an investigation of a former president.
They have to make sure they dot every i and cross every t.

Are you really saying that number 2 is false?
That The Former Guy did not take boxes and boxes of presidential records with him to Florida?
Even he admits to that.
I guess you don't believe him.


 

User avatar
Buffalo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,274
Location: Central Texas

Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:46 am » wrote: Newsflash roadkill, investigations take time.
Especially when it is an investigation of a former president.
They have to make sure they dot every i and cross every t.

Are you really saying that number 2 is false?
That The Former Guy did not take boxes and boxes of presidential records with him to Florida?
Even he admits to that.
I guess you don't believe him.
Funny thing, after how many lengthy persecution attempts ( politically motivated investigations)  they have found NO i or t to dot...hmmm

If there was anything to the illegal, unConstitutional  raid on Mar-A-Lago they would have already indicted Trump.  That and all the other failed attempts to "get" Trump proves that he is stepping on the right corrupt toes and scares the **** of them!!!
 

User avatar
roadkill

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,156
Politics: Conservative

Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:46 am » wrote: Newsflash roadkill, investigations take time.
Especially when it is an investigation of a former president.
They have to make sure they dot every i and cross every t.

Are you really saying that number 2 is false?
That The Former Guy did not take boxes and boxes of presidential records with him to Florida?
Even he admits to that.
I guess you don't believe him.

Keep following yer fantasy hatred of Trump if you want. The Russian collusion hoax took a long time too...and they came up with NOTHING.


I'm say 1 AND 2 are false. The J6 hearings were a hoax and a lie...and it will be eliminated soon and the GOP House will start investigations on the Biden family and they have REAL evidence. Even the leftist WaPo finally admitted the FBI Mar-a-Lago raid yielded nothing.  

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 11,465
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
roadkill » 22 Nov 2022, 8:36 am » wrote:
Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:12 am » wrote: If you mean why did Garland appoint a special counsel now?
It's pretty simple.
The Former Guy announced that he was running again and the guy he most likely will be running against is Joe Biden.
Since Biden is the one who appointed Garland any action he takes now will look political.
So he passed it off to a career employee at Justice.
Jack Smith is now the one who will decide whether or not to indict The Former Guy.

From The Bulwark:

Although it is impossible to remove all hints of bias or conflict, or to depoliticize what will likely be a messy process if Trump is indicted, Smith’s appointment takes President Biden and the office of the presidency as far out of the loop of a Trump prosecution as the law allows. For Garland, it’s the office that counts. He was right to do so.

https://www.thebulwark.com/appointing-a ... ight-call/
Wrong again Misty...it is political. Using a front man like Smith doesn't change that.  The DOJ has been weaponized against Trump even before 2016. Smith was also involved in ideas to abuse conservatives with Obama's IRS. The conservatives the IRS abused were innocent and they've won one or two settlements. One of those settlements was over $3 million.    

The reason the DOJ did it in the first place is to help Biden by keeping a constant cloud over Trump. Uninformed hyper-partisan people will think they have evidence on Trump and they'll keep milking it until 2024.  They want to keep the news cycle filled with Orange Man Bad.

If Garland was apolitical he would have appointed a special council to investigate Hunter and Joe...there's actual evidence of corruption and crimes there and the public already knows some of it which would easily trigger an investigation if it were Trump's son's laptop.
 
They can't attack Trump's agenda because his policies worked out very well...so they have to keep the dems' hoaxes going. The dems need a boogie man and Trump is a threat to their gravy train.
If Garland had brought an indictment against The Former Guy you'd be the first one screaming that Biden ordered him to do so.

AND the swiftboating of Jack Smith begins.

Jack Smith, the latest special counsel to draw the unenviable task of investigating former President Donald Trump, was described by his former colleagues Friday as a hard-nosed, by-the-book litigator.

“He’s a very serious lawyer,” Karen Friedman-Agnifilo told The Post, reflecting on the five years she worked alongside Smith in the trials division of the Manhattan district attorney’s office.

“He’s a ‘follow the facts’ kind of guy,” Friedman-Agnifilo added of Smith, who was tapped by Attorney General Merrick Garland to oversee probes of the 76-year-old Trump’s retention of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, as well as his attempts to stay in power after the 2020 presidential election.

“He’s perfect for the job,” enthused Daniel Alonso, who was chief of the criminal division at the Brooklyn US Attorney’s office when Smith worked there.
[......]
“I’ve never known him to be a political person,” Alonso said.
“There won’t be any ammo there when it comes to Jack.”


https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/who-is-ne ... ack-smith/ 
 
 

User avatar
roadkill

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,156
Politics: Conservative

Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:58 am » wrote: If Garland had brought an indictment against The Former Guy you'd be the first one screaming that Biden ordered him to do so.

AND the swiftboating of Jack Smith begins.

Jack Smith, the latest special counsel to draw the unenviable task of investigating former President Donald Trump, was described by his former colleagues Friday as a hard-nosed, by-the-book litigator.

“He’s a very serious lawyer,” Karen Friedman-Agnifilo told The Post, reflecting on the five years she worked alongside Smith in the trials division of the Manhattan district attorney’s office.

“He’s a ‘follow the facts’ kind of guy,” Friedman-Agnifilo added of Smith, who was tapped by Attorney General Merrick Garland to oversee probes of the 76-year-old Trump’s retention of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, as well as his attempts to stay in power after the 2020 presidential election.

“He’s perfect for the job,” enthused Daniel Alonso, who was chief of the criminal division at the Brooklyn US Attorney’s office when Smith worked there.
[......]
“I’ve never known him to be a political person,” Alonso said.
“There won’t be any ammo there when it comes to Jack.”


https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/who-is-ne ... ack-smith/

I thought Jack Smith was a good guy too...until I learned about this.

"Jack Smith, Special Counsel to Obama-IRS tried to find ways to target conservatives during the Obama-IRS scandal"

The conservatives were found innocent and won a settlement of over $3 million.
 

User avatar
roadkill

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,156
Politics: Conservative

Buffalo » 22 Nov 2022, 8:25 am » wrote: ****!!! Garland is NOT apolitical, neither is Smith!!!   The timing of this next gotcha attempt to stop Trump reeks of dim-0-crap political assault because of their fear of Trump.  Smith is a deep state anti-Trump barking moonbat!!!

Misty only scratches the surface. She's very naive.  

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 11,465
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
roadkill » 22 Nov 2022, 8:58 am » wrote:
Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:46 am » wrote: Newsflash roadkill, investigations take time.
Especially when it is an investigation of a former president.
They have to make sure they dot every i and cross every t.

Are you really saying that number 2 is false?
That The Former Guy did not take boxes and boxes of presidential records with him to Florida?
Even he admits to that.
I guess you don't believe him.
Keep following yer fantasy hatred of Trump if you want. The Russian collusion hoax took a long time too...and they came up with NOTHING.

I'm say 1 AND 2 are false. The J6 hearings were a hoax and a lie...and it will be eliminated soon and the GOP House will start investigations on the Biden family and they have REAL evidence. Even the leftist WaPo finally admitted the FBI Mar-a-Lago raid yielded nothing.
How the hell do you say that number two is false?
What do you think was in those boxes and boxes that the FBI removed from Mar-A-Lago?
Those were presidential records which The Former Guy had no right to remove from the WH.
Even he doesn't deny that he took them.
Do you seriously not understand that those documents do not belong to him?

Image

You are misrepresenting what WAPO said.
But I'm not the least bit surprised because that's what you MAGAs do.
 

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 11,465
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
roadkill » 22 Nov 2022, 9:28 am » wrote:
Buffalo » 22 Nov 2022, 8:25 am » wrote: ****!!! Garland is NOT apolitical, neither is Smith!!!   The timing of this next gotcha attempt to stop Trump reeks of dim-0-crap political assault because of their fear of Trump.  Smith is a deep state anti-Trump barking moonbat!!!
Misty only scratches the surface. She's very naive.
The only ones who are naive are the ones who see The Former Guy as just some kind of an innocent victim.
 

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 11,465
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
Buffalo » 22 Nov 2022, 8:25 am » wrote:
Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 8:12 am » wrote: If you mean why did Garland appoint a special counsel now?
It's pretty simple.
The Former Guy announced that he was running again and the guy he most likely will be running against is Joe Biden.
Since Biden is the one who appointed Garland any action he takes now will look political.
So he passed it off to a career employee at Justice.
Jack Smith is now the one who will decide whether or not to indict The Former Guy.

From The Bulwark:

Although it is impossible to remove all hints of bias or conflict, or to depoliticize what will likely be a messy process if Trump is indicted, Smith’s appointment takes President Biden and the office of the presidency as far out of the loop of a Trump prosecution as the law allows. For Garland, it’s the office that counts. He was right to do so.

https://www.thebulwark.com/appointing-a ... ight-call/
****!!! Garland is NOT apolitical, neither is Smith!!!   The timing of this next gotcha attempt to stop Trump reeks of dim-0-crap political assault because of their fear of Trump.  Smith is a deep state anti-Trump barking moonbat!!!
I never said Garland was apolitical.
He is a political employee, which is why he appointed Smith who is a career Justice Department employee since the 1990's.
Which means he has worked there under both Republican and Democratic presidents.

Smith has previously served as the chief of public integrity for the US justice department and dealt in particular with cases involving corruption, bringing cases against prominent Republicans and Democrats.
In 2015 he was appointed first assistant US attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee.
He is a registered independent, not aligned with either of the two dominant political parties in the US.


https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nald-trump

User avatar
Buffalo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,274
Location: Central Texas

Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 9:46 am » wrote: The only ones who are naive are the ones who see The Former Guy as just some kind of an innocent victim.
THAT would be how you see the corrupt, perverted, braindead biden.  

I see Trump as the antithesis to the corrupt dim-craps and their rat infested deep state  weaponized apparatcchiks.  Braindead biden and his one world government handlers are turning the US into a  third world banana republic!!!
 

User avatar
roadkill

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,156
Politics: Conservative

Buffalo » 22 Nov 2022, 9:56 am » wrote: THAT would be how you see the corrupt, perverted, braindead biden.  

I see Trump as the antithesis to the corrupt dim-craps and their rat infested deep state  weaponized apparatcchiks.  Braindead biden and his one world government handlers are turning the US into a  third world banana republic!!!
Image
 

User avatar
Buffalo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,274
Location: Central Texas

Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 9:54 am » wrote: I never said Garland was apolitical.
He is a political employee, which is why he appointed Smith who is a career Justice Department employee since the 1990's.
Which means he has worked there under both Republican and Democratic presidents.

Smith has previously served as the chief of public integrity for the US justice department and dealt in particular with cases involving corruption, bringing cases against prominent Republicans and Democrats.
In 2015 he was appointed first assistant US attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee.
He is a registered independent, not aligned with either of the two dominant political parties in the US.


https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nald-trump
Both garland and smith have hard-ons for Trump and that is not how blind justice works.  The same would be true for Trump getting a trial by a fair and impartial jury in DC that went 96% for braindead biden.  It would be impossible.
 

User avatar
Buffalo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,274
Location: Central Texas

Misty » 22 Nov 2022, 9:54 am » wrote: I never said Garland was apolitical.
He is a political employee, which is why he appointed Smith who is a career Justice Department employee since the 1990's.
Which means he has worked there under both Republican and Democratic presidents.

Smith has previously served as the chief of public integrity for the US justice department and dealt in particular with cases involving corruption, bringing cases against prominent Republicans and Democrats.
In 2015 he was appointed first assistant US attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee.
He is a registered independent, not aligned with either of the two dominant political parties in the US.


https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nald-trump
**** and LIES!!!

But, Jack Smith is not only someone who sees corruption around every corner with a Republican on it, whether it exists or not, his wife is a hyper-partisan.  In a fluff piece making Smith look like a middle of the road apolitical prosecutor published in the Wall Street Journal, Smith is described as a registered Independent with few stated political opinions. And put away any notion that the Wall Street Journal is a pro-Trump voice as its owner has stated that he won’t support Trump this election cycle.

There is nothing illegal about the fact that Smith’s wife, Katy Chevigny contributed $2,000 to the Biden for President campaign against President Trump in 2020, and is listed as a producer of the Michele Obama documentary “Becoming.” 

This provides at least a reason to doubt Smith’s ability to investigate President Trump for the umpteenth time.  Since investigating Trump is the only reason Smith’s job exists, his wife’s opposition to Trump and fawning media work for Michele Obama is relevant.  

When combined with the actions Smith took in both seeking to prosecute tea party activists attempting to legally exercise their First Amendment rights with his Supreme Court rejected redefinition of corruption that successfully took out an up-and-coming GOP governor, it is clear that he is unsuitable to be considered an objective Special Counsel.  

The above facts are not unknown to Attorney General Garland, making it difficult to conclude that his appointment is designed to find Donald Trump guilty of something, anything, in order to prevent him from winning the presidency in 2024. It seems clear that Smith’s history of pursuing wild legal theories against high-profile Republicans and seeking to prosecute conservative activists for exercising their rights, were seen by the AG as his qualifiers rather than black marks against him.  

America will now be subjected to episode four of the left’s abuse of federal governmental prosecutorial power in their never-ending Get Trump obsession.  It is sad, truly sad. 

https://townhall.com/columnists/rickman ... p=27793684
 
 

User avatar
roadkill

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,156
Politics: Conservative

Buffalo » 23 Nov 2022, 7:48 am » wrote: **** and LIES!!!

But, Jack Smith is not only someone who sees corruption around every corner with a Republican on it, whether it exists or not, his wife is a hyper-partisan.  In a fluff piece making Smith look like a middle of the road apolitical prosecutor published in the Wall Street Journal, Smith is described as a registered Independent with few stated political opinions. And put away any notion that the Wall Street Journal is a pro-Trump voice as its owner has stated that he won’t support Trump this election cycle.

There is nothing illegal about the fact that Smith’s wife, Katy Chevigny contributed $2,000 to the Biden for President campaign against President Trump in 2020, and is listed as a producer of the Michele Obama documentary “Becoming.” 

This provides at least a reason to doubt Smith’s ability to investigate President Trump for the umpteenth time.  Since investigating Trump is the only reason Smith’s job exists, his wife’s opposition to Trump and fawning media work for Michele Obama is relevant.  

When combined with the actions Smith took in both seeking to prosecute tea party activists attempting to legally exercise their First Amendment rights with his Supreme Court rejected redefinition of corruption that successfully took out an up-and-coming GOP governor, it is clear that he is unsuitable to be considered an objective Special Counsel.  

The above facts are not unknown to Attorney General Garland, making it difficult to conclude that his appointment is designed to find Donald Trump guilty of something, anything, in order to prevent him from winning the presidency in 2024. It seems clear that Smith’s history of pursuing wild legal theories against high-profile Republicans and seeking to prosecute conservative activists for exercising their rights, were seen by the AG as his qualifiers rather than black marks against him.  

America will now be subjected to episode four of the left’s abuse of federal governmental prosecutorial power in their never-ending Get Trump obsession.  It is sad, truly sad. 

https://townhall.com/columnists/rickman ... p=27793684

Misty doesn't care about facts.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, ConsRule, Deezer Shoove, FJB, FOS, freeman, Goodgrief, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Ike Bana, Independent, jack, jefftec, Jinn Martini, Kobia2, Monderegal, nefarious101, NEILCAR, Neo, Nostradamus' omh, PaperLi [Bot], PoliticalPopUp, razoo, ScottMon, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, Skans, sooted up Cyndi, Squatchman, Steve Jobs [Bot], supraTruth4, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, walkingstick, Warcok, WilliamsThomas, Yandex [Bot] and 1 guest