This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
supraTruth4

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

We need a National Land Value Tax & a recalculated Income Tax that starts at the top & works down in order to shift the taxes back up and off the backs of the working middle class and barely rich small business owners!

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Nationalist

supraTruth4 » 23 Nov 2022, 10:13 pm » wrote: We need a National Land Value Tax & a recalculated Income Tax that starts at the top & works down in order to shift the taxes back up and off the backs of the working middle class and barely rich small business owners!

can't argue too much.  But income tax always seems to strangle the working class 

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Which Communist piece of **** Liberals put this idea into your head...?

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

GHETTOBLASTER » 23 Nov 2022, 10:19 pm » wrote: Which Communist piece of **** Liberals put this idea into your head...?

might be the success of Hong Kong or Australia when they implemented LVT

supraTruth4

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

GHETTOBLASTER » 23 Nov 2022, 10:19 pm » wrote: Which Communist piece of **** Liberals put this idea into your head...?
@SJConspirator  

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 23 Nov 2022, 10:21 pm » wrote: might be the success of Hong Kong or Australia when they implemented LVT
The trend in the USA is to tax Big Land Owners to the point where they are forced to either sell off their land or go bankrupt..

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

GHETTOBLASTER » 23 Nov 2022, 10:40 pm » wrote: The trend in the USA is to tax Big Land Owners to the point where they are forced to either sell off their land or go bankrupt..

Bill Gates and Ted Turner are the biggest landholders in the US.  I didn’t know they were going bankrupt

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 23 Nov 2022, 11:05 pm » wrote: Bill Gates and Ted Turner are the biggest landholders in the US.  I didn’t know they were going bankrupt

OK..I concede.
Your 2  examples vastly overmatch the example I gave that involves millions of "rank and file"  American land owners.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

GHETTOBLASTER » 24 Nov 2022, 12:01 am » wrote: Image

OK..I concede.
Your 2  examples vastly overmatch the example I gave that involves millions of "rank and file"  American land owners.

Rank and file would not be overly affected by LVT, because the income tax would be gone.

only those who squat on thousands of acres of land and pay no tax would be harmed by it.

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 24 Nov 2022, 12:08 am » wrote: Rank and file would not be overly affected by LVT, because the income tax would be gone.

only those who squat on thousands of acres of land and pay no tax would be harmed by it.
OK..SJC....my apologies.
Sounds like I don't know enough about this topic to be commenting... :wave:  

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP

:blush:  

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
GHETTOBLASTER » 24 Nov 2022, 12:01 am » wrote:  
OK..I concede.
Gates and Turner would be forced to sell their and under LVT - IF they could find buyers, in the buyer's market LVT would produce. Otherwise, they would have to just walk away from it, leaving it up for grabs by anyone willing to pay the tax. 

LVT would literally create a new land rush in the U.S., allowing average working class people to own real estate again.

How well billionaires are doing doesn't define a nation. If it DID, you would need to tip your hat to Iran an Venezuela. The billionaires there are just fine - just fine. I believe the circumstances of the working stiff are a better way of judging a nation. In ours, the working stiff sends his kids - by law - to a state run molestation center for brain ****, and many only dream of one day owning more than their toothbrush. Under LVT, they could take a piece of land and build a home on it. 

Warcok

Share      Unread post

The working class don't pay taxes. They get all their **** back plus more during tax season.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Warcok » 24 Nov 2022, 1:52 pm » wrote: The working class don't pay taxes. They get all their **** back plus more during tax season.

I work everyday and pay $30k a year in taxes..  yer full of ****

Warcok

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 24 Nov 2022, 1:59 pm » wrote: I work everyday and pay $30k a year in taxes..  yer full of ****
Sounds like you're in the middle class bracket close to upper middle maybe

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Warcok » 24 Nov 2022, 2:06 pm » wrote: Sounds like you're in the middle class bracket close to upper middle maybe

most people in that bracket work their *** off.

so you assertion that the working class doesn’t pay taxes is ridiculous

Warcok

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 24 Nov 2022, 2:38 pm » wrote: most people in that bracket work their *** off.

so you assertion that the working class doesn’t pay taxes is ridiculous
Never mind you don't get it

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 24 Nov 2022, 1:37 pm » wrote: Gates and Turner would be forced to sell their and under LVT - IF they could find buyers, in the buyer's market LVT would produce. Otherwise, they would have to just walk away from it, leaving it up for grabs by anyone willing to pay the tax. 

LVT would literally create a new land rush in the U.S., allowing average working class people to own real estate again.

How well billionaires are doing doesn't define a nation. If it DID, you would need to tip your hat to Iran an Venezuela. The billionaires there are just fine - just fine. I believe the circumstances of the working stiff are a better way of judging a nation. In ours, the working stiff sends his kids - by law - to a state run molestation center for brain ****, and many only dream of one day owning more than their toothbrush. Under LVT, they could take a piece of land and build a home on it.
So once LVT is put into play the billionaires will walk away from the ranch land and farm lands they bought from the common folk and the common folk will be able to buy this land back with less tax burden than what they had before.
sounds good.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

GHETTOBLASTER » 24 Nov 2022, 5:09 pm » wrote: So once LVT is put into play the billionaires will walk away from the ranch land and farm lands they bought from the common folk and the common folk will be able to buy this land back with less tax burden than what they had before.
sounds good.

Its also about billionaires hoarding miles of land for the sole purpose of preventing anybody from using it.  

they do that to stop upstart entrepreneurs from interfering with their monopolies on various commodities, services etc

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

supraTruth4 » 23 Nov 2022, 10:13 pm » wrote: We need a National Land Value Tax & a recalculated Income Tax that starts at the top & works down in order to shift the taxes back up and off the backs of the working middle class and barely rich small business owners!

dude.,..the primary siphon of wealth out of the economy actually comes from people who profit from debt...that is banks, wall street, etc.

property owners do also, sortof, to a lesser extent. 

but why are you afraid to challenge usury? when it is such a bigger deal?