This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Taipan

Share      Unread post

Water boy for a Tranny Dancer
Politics: Libertarian

Varnaj42 » 12 Jan 2023, 5:36 pm » wrote: Well if that's true then why is the new congress talking about abolishing the IRS?

I would like to see some pros & cons on replacing the IRS w/ the Fair-Tax, Flat-Tax,
& the European VAT-tax.
But, it seems to me the people around here just want to have 
sophomoric
spitting contest.                               
:loco:  

Taipan

Share      Unread post

Water boy for a Tranny Dancer

slideman » 12 Jan 2023, 4:34 pm » wrote: That is a good beginning to a negotiation.
What about capital gains?

The billionaires in this country do not pay taxes because they rarely have income.
But, their net worth rises every year.    Their tax-lawyers & tax-CPA's have beaten
the 75,000-page Tax Code.    They have stock, but no income until they sell stock.
And they do not sell that much.           We can fix this problem.

Sen. E. Warren brought up an interesting idea.
Tax the increasing of 'net-worth'. 
I think that should be investigated.
Example--
Bezos' net worth in '22 increases 3 billion.    OK.
He gives 1 billion to America & then he walks down the road
& lives happily on the other 2 billion.

I am no tax expert.
I am just 'kicking the can around'.                                                                
:)  

slideman

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Taipan » 12 Jan 2023, 6:01 pm » wrote: The billionaires in this country do not pay taxes because they rarely have income.
But, their net worth rises every year.    Their tax-lawyers & tax-CPA's have beaten
the 75,000-page Tax Code.    They have stock, but no income until they sell stock.

Example--

I am no tax expert.
I pretty much would agree with those proposals.

golfboy

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

slideman » 31 Dec 2022, 11:54 am » wrote: The Republicans use all kinds of issues to enrage their membership but they really have only one priority: low taxes on the rich.
All the stuff about racism and abortion and transgender people and all that stuff is fluff. Stuff to keep the constituency enraged and voting Republican.
What a bunch of suckers
Don't you idiots EVER get tired of telling the same, old, worn out lies?

slideman

Share      Unread post

Opinion: The realization about the IRS that the GOP needs to have

"to a large degree, House Republicans can't be blamed for having their first, highly visible piece of legislation be a futile attempt to rescind the additional funding for the IRS included in last year's Inflation Reduction Act. It will certainly not receive a favorable hearing in the Democrat-controlled Senate, much less be signed by President Joe Biden, but most GOP members know standing against taxes (and the federal tax agency) plays well with the Republican base."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/13/opinions ... index.html

slideman

Share      Unread post

golfboy » 12 Jan 2023, 9:14 pm » wrote: Don't you idiots EVER get tired of telling the same, old, worn out lies?
It is not a lie that the Republicans support the super rich above All Else. Their donors.

golfboy

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

slideman » 14 Jan 2023, 10:38 am » wrote: It is not a lie that the Republicans support the super rich above All Else. Their donors.
As if Democrats do not?   You're hilarious, man. 

slideman

Share      Unread post

Florida leaders give more love to family trusts of the super-rich

"Florida has long been a tax haven, but new trust laws enacted over the past three years friendly to the heirs of the Walmart fortune and other families will make the state even more accommodating to the uber-rich looking to hide wealth and avoid taxes for generations to come.

Such trusts are crucial to keeping trillions of dollars out of the federal treasury, enough to pay down a big chunk of the national debt or spend on education, social services or other government programs."

https://www.union-bulletin.com/news/nat ... 0f50a.html

slideman

Share      Unread post

ProPublica Shows How Little the Wealthiest Pay in Taxes: Policymakers Should Respond Accordingly

"To a great degree, however, the income tax is essentially voluntary for the nation’s richest people. Much of their income comes in the form of gains in the value of their stocks and other assets, and they can avoid taxes on those gains if they hold on to their assets rather than sell them. When high-income households do pay tax on their income from their assets — such as capital gains and dividends — they pay at tax rates that are far lower than the tax rates they would pay on wages and salaries."

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-t ... ers-should

supraTruth4

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

slideman » 03 Jan 2023, 9:10 pm » wrote: "Since the Reagan administration, Republicans have fervently claimed lower taxes will unleash the "makers" — incentivizing them to work harder and invest more, thereby trickling down to benefit ordinary Americans. Moreover, they have consistently claimed that their tax cuts would create such dramatic economic growth that they’d literally pay for themselves. A rising tide lifts all boats! No hard choices to make — just cut taxes!
Instead, the national debt is at a record high, and the gap between the richest and the poorest U.S. households is now the largest it has been in the 52 years the Census Bureau has been tracking it. And that inequality gap started to expand dramatically about the same time the Republican Party started cutting taxes. "
THE ******* RNC TOOLS ONLY SHIFT THE TAX BRACKETS DOWN ONTO THE WORKING MIDDLE CLASS & BARELY RICH SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS.

Justthetruth

Share      Unread post

We wouldn't be in this mess if we would of stayed the course of the Clinton years.

Justthetruth

Share      Unread post

slideman » 31 Dec 2022, 11:54 am » wrote: The Republicans use all kinds of issues to enrage their membership but they really have only one priority: low taxes on the rich.
All the stuff about racism and abortion and transgender people and all that stuff is fluff. Stuff to keep the constituency enraged and voting Republican.
What a bunch of suckers
Then they will take is to the brink of default to virtue signal about debt. Then give huge tax cuts to billionaires. 

ScottMon

Share      Unread post

What a bunch of suckers
Blows my mind.  In the last 10 years, I've paid more in taxes than Trump.  

Justthetruth

Share      Unread post

ScottMon » 17 Jan 2023, 9:14 am » wrote: Blows my mind.  In the last 10 years, I've paid more in taxes than Trump.
And that's what people like Trump want. 

Justthetruth

Share      Unread post

Taipan » 12 Jan 2023, 6:01 pm » wrote: The billionaires in this country do not pay taxes because they rarely have income.

Example--

I am no tax expert.
That actually makes sense. 

Justthetruth

Share      Unread post

ScottMon » 17 Jan 2023, 9:14 am » wrote: Blows my mind.  In the last 10 years, I've paid more in taxes than Trump.
Thats why the rich get richer. 

slideman

Share      Unread post

supraTruth4 » 17 Jan 2023, 3:32 am » wrote: THE ******* RNC TOOLS ONLY SHIFT THE TAX BRACKETS DOWN ONTO THE WORKING MIDDLE CLASS & BARELY RICH SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS.
You're telling me

slideman

Share      Unread post

So we see my hypothesis at work in the Republican House of Representatives. They're going to attempt to blackmail with the debt limit as hostage in order to cut social programs and cut taxes on billionaires.
I've been in touch with my representative on both my senators and advise them to please let the Republicans go ahead and wreck the world economy and we will see them out of office for a generation at least.
I recommended to them that they remind the Republicans of that fact and tell them to go ahead.
This unconstitutional defying of the validity of the good faith and credit of the United States must end and the only way it's going to end is if someone calls their bluff.
The oligarchs who are in control of the Republican Party are not going to permit default to occur. It would affect their investments.

Justthetruth

Share      Unread post

slideman » 18 Jan 2023, 7:39 pm » wrote: So we see my hypothesis at work in the Republican House of Representatives. They're going to attempt to blackmail with the debt limit as hostage in order to cut social programs and cut taxes on billionaires.
I've been in touch with my representative on both my senators and advise them to please let the Republicans go ahead and wreck the world economy and we will see them out of office for a generation at least.
I recommended to them that they remind the Republicans of that fact and tell them to go ahead.
This unconstitutional defying of the validity of the good faith and credit of the United States must end and the only way it's going to end is if someone calls their bluff.
The oligarchs who are in control of the Republican Party are not going to permit default to occur. It would affect their investments.
I'd make republican default on debt. 

It will be fun blaming all the economic mess that follows. 

slideman

Share      Unread post

Journal Article
The economic consequences of major tax cuts for the rich

https://academic.oup.com/ser/article/20/2/539/6500315