This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
ScottMon

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

RedheadedStranger » 23 Jan 2023, 3:47 pm » wrote: The Trump case is irrelevant to the Biden case.

We're discussing the Biden case, right?
And Trump's case.  Some of you are trying really hard to draw a comparison between the two.   I don't blame you for wanting to leave Trump out of this.

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

ScottMon » 23 Jan 2023, 3:43 pm » wrote: Members of the House and Senate are allowed to have security clearances.
Do Members of Congress Have Security Clearances? (clearancejobs.com)
Having a clearance to have access to classified material is one thing... but does that clearance allow one to possess the documents outside of the work environment, like say, at their personal residence?

ScottMon

Share      Unread post

RedheadedStranger » 23 Jan 2023, 3:50 pm » wrote: Having a clearance to have access to classified material is one thing... but does that clearance allow one to possess the documents outside of the work environment, like say, at their personal residence?
Ask Trump.  He did it for a year.

Last edited by ScottMon on 23 Jan 2023, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottMon

Share      Unread post

Nostradamus' omh

Share      Unread post

ScottMon » 23 Jan 2023, 3:52 pm » wrote: Asjk Trump.  He did it for a year.

why? Obama's took everything with them and the Whitehouse had to be refurnished..

ScottMon

Share      Unread post

Nostradamus'omh » 23 Jan 2023, 3:55 pm » wrote: why? Obama's took everything with them and the Whitehouse had to be refurnished..
Not believable.  

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

ScottMon » 23 Jan 2023, 3:50 pm » wrote: And Trump's case.  Some of you are trying really hard to draw a comparison between the two.   I don't blame you for wanting to leave Trump out of this.
They are two different issues, are they not?

There is also the issue of the timing of when the first batch of Biden docs was discovered, and whether or not the DOJ and the WH conspired to keep it quiet until after the midterms as well.

Trumpdocgate and Bidendocgate are uniquely different, in a lot of ways.

​​​​​

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

ScottMon » 23 Jan 2023, 3:52 pm » wrote: Ask Trump.  He did it for a year.
Trump at least had the ability to declassify, Biden as VP/Senator did not.

Last edited by Redheaded Stranger on 23 Jan 2023, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MackTheFinger

Share      Unread post

Politics: Imperialist

Nostradamus'omh » 23 Jan 2023, 3:49 pm » wrote: Poetry of self deception of everyone avoiding the same consequence of their own actions shaming, flaming, blaming everyone else performing the same rituals differently every generation promising nobody will find out tomorrow. what was [practiced historically, to date.
Writing a long sentence is not a sign of intellagance...it is a sigh of trying to impress the readers.
.Image 

ScottMon

Share      Unread post

RedheadedStranger » 23 Jan 2023, 3:59 pm » wrote: Trump at least had the ability to declassify, Biden as VP/Senator did not.
But he didn't.  Ergo, Trump is culpable.  

ScottMon

Share      Unread post

RedheadedStranger » 23 Jan 2023, 3:58 pm » wrote: They are two different issues, are they not?

There is also the issue of the timing of when the first batch of Biden docs was discovered, and whether or not the DOJ and the WH conspired to keep it quiet until after the midterms as well.

Trumpdocgate and Bidendocgate are uniquely different, in a lot of ways.

​​​​​
The DOJ wasn't forced to take any actions against Biden and has already stated that there won't be any charges.

maineman

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

RedheadedStranger » 23 Jan 2023, 3:59 pm » wrote: Trump at least had the ability to declassify, Biden as VP/Senator did not.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 065345002/

and tell me again... how declassifying a highly sensitive document makes the content of that document magically no longer highly sensitive.

maineman

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

MackTheFinger » 23 Jan 2023, 4:01 pm » wrote: .
Writing a long sentence is not a sign of intellagance[sic]...it is a sigh of trying to impress the readers.
routinely, chronically misspelling words isn't either.

I before E, except after C, or when sounding like A as in neighbor or weigh.  (or their!)

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

ScottMon » 23 Jan 2023, 4:10 pm » wrote: The DOJ wasn't forced to take any actions against Biden and has already stated that there won't be any charges.
That's because "supposedly" they didn't know Biden had the docs in the first place.

They knew Trump had his.

Personally, I would say Biden's case borders on espionage.

​​​​​​

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

maineman » 23 Jan 2023, 4:12 pm » wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 065345002/

and tell me again... how declassifying a highly sensitive document makes the content of that document magically no longer highly sensitive.
I didn't say it did, did I?

​​​​Can Senators declassify documents?

jack

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

ScottMon » 23 Jan 2023, 3:37 pm » wrote: Politically, It looks bad.  Legally, It's apples and oranges.
Right.

MackTheFinger

Share      Unread post

Politics: Imperialist

maineman » 23 Jan 2023, 4:14 pm » wrote: routinely, chronically misspelling words isn't either.

I before E, except after C, or when sounding like A as in neighbor or weigh.  (or their!)
. Image

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

maineman » 23 Jan 2023, 4:14 pm » wrote: routinely, chronically misspelling words isn't either.

Oh no...

The grammar police are here.

jack

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

ScottMon » 23 Jan 2023, 4:09 pm » wrote: But he didn't.  Ergo, Trump is culpable.
He didn't declassify but even if he had the documents remain stolen government property. Your later point that the sensitive nature of the documents, their importance to national security, is unchanged.

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

ScottMon » 23 Jan 2023, 4:09 pm » wrote: But he didn't.  Ergo, Trump is culpable.
And Trump has his own special counsel does he not?

As does Biden.