This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
RebelGator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

LincolnNebraska » 24 Jan 2023, 4:09 pm » wrote: Did you ever see Main Stain's @maineman  ' s pic?

Imagine a hung-over Wilford Brimley. 

Lincoln Nebraska

Share      Unread post

RebelGator » 24 Jan 2023, 4:46 pm » wrote: Imagine a hung-over Wilford Brimley.
A big *** frown was the best he could muster for forum a pic.  

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Skans » 24 Jan 2023, 4:25 pm » wrote: Looks like Pence won't be running in 2024.  Whooooo, that's good news.
There has never been much chance that Pence would get a nomination for president. But he probably will run in a primary or two...if he can get the funding.

roadkill

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 24 Jan 2023, 5:07 pm » wrote: There has never been much chance that Pence would get a nomination for president. But he probably will run in a primary or two...if he can get the funding.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PFuKY4z9yJM

EDC4ALL!

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 2:49 pm » wrote: If one wants to even APPEAR something other than hypocritical, one should not treat the discovery of documents at an ex-Vice President's house any differently depending on their political party.  Wouldn't you agree?

Vice President....President (who can actually DE-classify documents)....I guess it's really no big deal that ex politicians have old classified documents in their possession now is it?

Skans

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Xavier_Onassis » 24 Jan 2023, 5:07 pm » wrote: There has never been much chance that Pence would get a nomination for president. But he probably will run in a primary or two...if he can get the funding.
While true, it distracts attention from the real candidates and sucks up money which is wasteful and unnecessary. 

maineman

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

EDC4ALL! » 24 Jan 2023, 5:14 pm » wrote: Vice President....President (who can actually DE-classify documents)....I guess it's really no big deal that ex politicians have old classified documents in their possession now is it?
Question:  does the declassification of a highly sensitive document magically make the contents of that document no longer sensitive and, therefore, magically incapable of causing the injury of the United States or the advantage of any other foreign nation?

maineman

Share      Unread post

Huey » 24 Jan 2023, 4:26 pm » wrote: I don't.  I was never even close to high enough on the totem pole to know anything about them.  Any knowledge comes from movies and novels.  Which means I don't know squat.
I actually signed for several nuclear weapons during my Navy career.   The system involving Emergency Action Messages and how they are decoded using the two man rule has not changed for years.  That sort of information is contained in the nuclear football, but no president or vice president ever has possession of that information.

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 6:04 pm » wrote: I actually signed for several nuclear weapons during my Navy career.   The system involving Emergency Action Messages and how they are decoded using the two man rule has not changed for years.  That sort of information is contained in the nuclear football, but no president or vice president ever has possession of that information.

That's strange mainedunce...cause Trump's enemies in the beginning said Trump had nuclear codes in the documents.  

MackTheFinger

Share      Unread post

Politics: Imperialist

That would be great if he was punking the FBI...with fake documents and a rubber stamp he had made.

maineman

Share      Unread post

LincolnNebraska » 24 Jan 2023, 4:16 pm » wrote: Nuclear codes. Like you know.   Image
I know all about them.  I have quite literally wrapped my arms around a nuclear weapon.  I would imagine that most every weapons officer on every combatant ship in the US Navy had the opportunity to do the same thing.

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 6:08 pm » wrote: I know all about them.  I have quite literally wrapped my arms around a nuclear weapon.  I would imagine that most every weapons officer on every combatant ship in the US Navy had the opportunity to do the same thing.
 "I have quite literally wrapped my arms around a nuclear weapon."

I doubt yer boyfriend's dick was a nuclear weapon.    :rofl:  

maineman

Share      Unread post

roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 6:07 pm » wrote: That's strange mainedunce...cause Trump's enemies in the beginning said Trump had nuclear codes in the documents.
I know that I certainly never said that... and I have no idea whether he had documents that, perhaps,  detailed the location or capablities of our nuclear arsenal, but nuclear CODES, per se,  are very specific and they are not ever in the possession of POTUS.

maineman

Share      Unread post

roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 6:10 pm » wrote:  "I have quite literally wrapped my arms around a nuclear weapon."

I doubt yer boyfriend's dick was a nuclear weapon.    Image
are you still in junior high school?

are you capable of having an adult conversation about this - or any - topic?

maineman

Share      Unread post

Warcok » 24 Jan 2023, 4:27 pm » wrote: this is 2023 not 1961 Bay of pigs. Any information You think you have in your head has been outdated for over 60 years. 😆
EAM's and the two man rule haven't gone away.  

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 6:12 pm » wrote: are you still in junior high school?

are you capable of having an adult conversation about this - or any - topic?

Sure...when I'm having a conversation with an adult. Maybe yer team should recruit some.     :wave:  

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 6:11 pm » wrote: I know that I certainly never said that... and I have no idea whether he had documents that, perhaps,  detailed the location or capablities of our nuclear arsenal, but nuclear CODES, per se,  are very specific and they are not ever in the possession of POTUS.

Then you should check with yer team that claimed it.  

maineman

Share      Unread post

roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 6:20 pm » wrote: Sure...when I'm having a conversation with an adult. Maybe yer team should recruit some.     Image
You don't seem to be able to converse about the difference between nuclear codes and nuclear secrets... and you don't seem to be able to converse about the fact that declassification of a highly sensitive document does not make it's contents magically no longer sensitive.  Care to try???  Or are we just gonna get more wolf tickets?

maineman

Share      Unread post

roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 6:22 pm » wrote: Then you should check with yer team that claimed it.
they don't speak for me... I don't speak for them.

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 6:24 pm » wrote: You don't seem to be able to converse about the difference between nuclear codes and nuclear secrets... and you don't seem to be able to converse about the fact that declassification of a highly sensitive document does not make it's contents magically no longer sensitive.  Care to try???  Or are we just gonna get more wolf tickets?

"the difference between nuclear codes and nuclear secrets"

Maybe yer team should learn this before accusing Trump of having nuclear codes...ya think?