This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
roadkill

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 6:27 pm » wrote: they don't speak for me... I don't speak for them.

But you sure align with them.    :)  

maineman

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 6:28 pm » wrote: But you sure align with them.    Image
Do you take ownership of every crazy thing that every right wing nut job sez because you ALIGN with them?

Yes or NO?

I'll wait... the answer is pretty important. 

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 6:36 pm » wrote: Do you take ownership of every crazy thing that every right wing nut job sez because you ALIGN with them?

Yes or NO?

How would yer Navy superiors feel if they knew you were blabbing about hugging nuclear weapons on the open internet?

Should someone like you have security clearance...beyond a mop and a bucket?    :rofl:  

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 6:04 pm » wrote: I actually signed for several nuclear weapons during my Navy career.   The system involving Emergency Action Messages and how they are decoded using the two man rule has not changed for years.  That sort of information is contained in the nuclear football, but no president or vice president ever has possession of that information.
I had a top secret clearance due to encrypted rations, acft weapon systems as well as the place we flew and people we took there.

What people don’t understand is just because you have that clearance doesn’t mean you get to see everything.  You get to see what you need to know to do your job.

maineman

Share      Unread post

Huey » 24 Jan 2023, 6:41 pm » wrote: I had a top secret clearance due to encrypted rations, acft weapon systems as well as the place we flew and people we took there.

What people don’t understand is just because you have that clearance doesn’t mean you get to see everything.  You get to see what you need to know to do your job.
absolutely.  Clearance and Access... and access is only given to people who not only have the need to know but also the required clearance.  And AGAIN... the process of notification from the National Military Command Authority to the tactical units possessing and being directed to use nuclear weapons via EAM's has not changed.  The two man rule is still in effect.  Nuclear "codes" are a constantly changing set of alpha-numeric groups which must be included in any Emergency Authorization Message and must be authenticated by the tactical unit before nukes can be used.  The codes are NEVER in the possession of POTUS but always held, in the "football" by the Aide de Camp.

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 6:54 pm » wrote: absolutely.  Clearance and Access... and access is only given to people who not only have the need to know but also the required clearance.  And AGAIN... the process of notification from the National Military Command Authority to the tactical units possessing and being directed to use nuclear weapons via EAM's has not changed.  The two man rule is still in effect.  Nuclear "codes" are a constantly changing set of alpha-numeric groups which must be included in any Emergency Authorization Message and must be authenticated by the tactical unit before nukes can be used.  The codes are NEVER in the possession of POTUS but always held, in the "football" by the Aide de Camp.

Keep talkin' mainedunce...Putin is reading.    :wave:  

maineman

Share      Unread post

roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 7:07 pm » wrote: Keep talkin' mainedunce...Putin is reading.    Image
it's been pretty common knowledge for decades.

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 7:10 pm » wrote: it's been pretty common knowledge for decades.
Will this be Biden's legacy?

maineman

Share      Unread post

roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 6:40 pm » wrote: How would yer Navy superiors feel if they knew you were blabbing about hugging nuclear weapons on the open internet?

Should someone like you have security clearance...beyond a mop and a bucket?
It was a long time ago. 

And it was common knowledge that the Navy had nuclear weapons in their inventory and that they were routinely carried by forward deployed units.

and why did you dodge my question?  afraid???

maineman

Share      Unread post

roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 7:12 pm » wrote: Will this be Biden's legacy?
You missed this earlier....

Do you take ownership of every crazy thing that every right wing nut job sez because you ALIGN with them?

Yes or NO?

FJB

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 7:15 pm » wrote: You missed this earlier....

Yes or NO?

Do you always answer a question with a question?

maineman

Share      Unread post

FJB » 24 Jan 2023, 7:26 pm » wrote: Do you always answer a question with a question?
only when they have previously gone unanswered.

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
Selaphobia » 24 Jan 2023, 12:34 pm » wrote: Classified documents found at Mike Pence's home, lawyer says

NEW YORK (AP) — Documents with classified markings were discovered in former Vice President Mike Pence's Indiana Home last week, according to his attorney.

Sounds like the Democrats are planting evidence (again)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-class ... 03729.html
LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
Xavier_Onassis » 24 Jan 2023, 1:21 pm » wrote: Apparently the regulations about keeping classified documents secret are lax. But why assume that Mike Pence would never keep a few documents? Why assume that he would need to be framed?

They almost certainly classify too many documents, thinking, "better to mark this classified, than to catch Hell for not doing so".
You are 100% right.
If we have learned anything it's that we need to review the rules and regulations  when it comes to the handling of classified documents and the over classification of documents.

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 7:15 pm » wrote: You missed this earlier....

Yes or NO?

Check yer nut-job log.  They're all leftists...just like you.

Selaphobia

Share      Unread post

Misty » 24 Jan 2023, 7:37 pm » wrote: LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!
Bless your heart

Happy New Year  :wave:  

roadkill

Share      Unread post

maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 7:13 pm » wrote: It was a long time ago. 

And it was common knowledge that the Navy had nuclear weapons in their inventory and that they were routinely carried by forward deployed units.

and why did you dodge my question?  afraid???

Did you hide a nuke in yer mop bucket?   

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
maineman » 24 Jan 2023, 7:15 pm » wrote:
roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 7:12 pm » wrote: Will this be Biden's legacy?
You missed this earlier....

Yes or NO?

Yes, he does.
He gets all of his info from far right fringe sources.

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
Selaphobia » 24 Jan 2023, 7:41 pm » wrote:
Misty » 24 Jan 2023, 7:37 pm » wrote: LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!
Bless your heart

Happy New Year  Image
Well, if was good enough for Hillary........😂

Happy New Year to you too. 🎉

maineman

Share      Unread post

roadkill » 24 Jan 2023, 7:41 pm » wrote: Did you hide a nuke in yer mop bucket?
so you are a coward.  got it.