This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Nostradamus' omh

Share      Unread post

Nostradamus' omh said:
golfboy » 10 Feb 2024, 10:14 am » wrote: It is, because it contains classified information, you stupid son of a *******. 
And yes, his mental condition, and age were part of their decision, as I quoted you. 

Low IQ hasn't even read the damn thing, much less quoted it. 

Why does anyone have to read it? Patterns of human behavior are governed by reasonable doubt life is self evident. To save character role playing leaderships have to sustain ideas that keep ancestors willing to participate in type cast people following hope, faith charity they too can become powerful, wealthy, famous over those never remembered in 4 generation gaps population never stays the same people in last 5.

golfboy

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

golfboy said:
maineman » 10 Feb 2024, 9:36 am » wrote: And the special prosecutor went to great lengths to explain the differences in behavior between Trump and Biden. Biden willingly returned everything in his possession, allowed a warrantless search of his home and offices, and willingly submitted to a five-hour interview. Trump? Not so much.
Liar. 
Biden told his ghost writer in 2017 that he "found" classified documents at his home. 
What year did he turn them in?

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

CYNICAL OLD CUSS
Politics: Libertarian

Redheaded Stranger said:
golfboy » 10 Feb 2024, 10:20 am » wrote: Liar. 
Biden told his ghost writer in 2017 that he "found" classified documents at his home. 
And the ghost writer is getting a pass from the DoJ as well because, well... he's a Democrat.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... g-evidence

Nostradamus' omh

Share      Unread post

Nostradamus' omh said:
golfboy » 10 Feb 2024, 10:20 am » wrote: Liar. 

what years were they collected from? they existed before 2017. They go back to Clinton administration all the way through Obama's. you didn't add that.

golfboy

Share      Unread post

golfboy said:
RedheadedStranger » 10 Feb 2024, 10:25 am » wrote: And the ghost writer is getting a pass from the DoJ as well because, well... he's a Democrat.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... g-evidence
Yea, obstruction only happens if you're Trump.

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

CYNICAL OLD CUSS

Redheaded Stranger said:
golfboy » 10 Feb 2024, 10:41 am » wrote: Yea, obstruction only happens if you're Trump.
I posted a Politico story this morning that stated how pissed off Sleepy Joe was at Garland for not being able to control his man Hur better.

Funny, because I always thought that the DOJ was supposed to be bipartisan and void of political motivation in their mission.

I guess not huh?

The people have turned this Country into the most well funded Banana Republic in the history of the world.

**** Democrats.

golfboy

Share      Unread post

golfboy said:
RedheadedStranger » 10 Feb 2024, 10:50 am » wrote: I posted a Politico story this morning that stated how pissed off Sleepy Joe was at Garland for not being able to control his man Hur better.

Funny, because I always thought that the DOJ was supposed to be bipartisan and void of political motivation in their mission.

I guess not huh?

The people have turned this Country into the most well funded Banana Republic in the history of the world.

**** Democrats.
Fact is that Hur's report went to Garland. 
Garland had every right to squash it, redact it, or just make it public.   He chose option 3. 
I'm actually surprised that Garland DIDN'T squash it, since the report shows two men committing identical "crimes" and how differently Garland and the DoJ are handling them. 

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

CYNICAL OLD CUSS

Redheaded Stranger said:
golfboy » 10 Feb 2024, 11:01 am » wrote: Fact is that Hur's report went to Garland. 
Garland had every right to squash it, redact it, or just make it public.   He chose option 3. 
I'm actually surprised that Garland DIDN'T squash it, since the report shows two men committing identical "crimes" and how differently Garland and the DoJ are handling them.
It almost makes one wonder if Garland has been given the green light to help torpedo the Big Guy in the effort to get his old *** out of the way before the Summer campaign season begins.

The Dems are definitely wants the Potato gone at this point. That much is clear.

golfboy

Share      Unread post

golfboy said:
RedheadedStranger » 10 Feb 2024, 11:05 am » wrote: It almost makes one wonder if Garland has been given the green light to help torpedo the Big Guy in the effort to get his old *** out of the way before the Summer campaign season begins.

The Dems are definitely wants the Potato gone at this point. That much is clear.
Someone definitely told the media they had the green light to start asking questions.

BooRadley

Share      Unread post

BooRadley said:
RedheadedStranger » 10 Feb 2024, 11:05 am » wrote: It almost makes one wonder if Garland has been given the green light to help torpedo the Big Guy in the effort to get his old *** out of the way before the Summer campaign season begins.

I've wondered the same thing....

A report that questions the president's mental status and memory and Garland released it?

I figured he was in bed with Biden

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

CYNICAL OLD CUSS

Redheaded Stranger said:
BooRadley » 10 Feb 2024, 11:12 am » wrote: I've wondered the same thing....

A report that questions the president's mental status and memory and Garland released it?

I figured he was in bed with Biden
You have to remember, Biden isn't running the show.

He is but a stage puppet... an important puppet, but a puppet just the same.

Hur's report is actually more damaging than an indictment would have been... and I think Garland was instructed to release Hur's report as written on purpose.

The establishment clearly wants a different candidate up against Trump at this point.

golfboy

Share      Unread post

golfboy said:
maineman » 10 Feb 2024, 9:36 am » wrote: And the special prosecutor went to great lengths to explain the differences in behavior between Trump and Biden. Biden willingly returned everything in his possession, allowed a warrantless search of his home and offices, and willingly submitted to a five-hour interview. Trump? Not so much.
Biden kept secret information at home for decades, and didn't turn it in. 
He ONLY turned it in when he got caught. 
Notebooks containing classified information. FBI agents recovered from unlocked drawers in the office and basement den of Mr. Biden's Delaware home a set 6 of notebooks he used as vice president.

Evidence shows that he knew the notebooks contained classified information. Mr. Eiden wrote down obviously sensitive information discussed during intelligence briefings with President Obama and meetings in the White House Situation Room about matters of national security and military and foreign policy. And while reading his notebook entries aloud during meetings with his ghostwriter, Mr. Eiden sometimes skipped over presumptively classified material and warned his ghostwriter the entries might be classified, but at least three times Mr. Eiden read from classified entries aloud to his ghostwriter nearly verbatim.

Some evidence also suggests Mr. Eiden knew he could not keep classified handwritten notes at home after leaving office. Mr. Eiden, who had decades of experience with classified information, was deeply familiar with the measures taken to safeguard classified information and the need for those measures to prevent harm to national security.

Asked about reports that former President Trump had kept classified documents at his own home, Mr. Eiden wondered how "anyone could be that irresponsible" and voiced concern about "[w]hat data was in there that may compromise sources and methods."

\Vhile vice president, he kept his notebooks in a White House safe for a time, in contrast with his decision after leaving office to keep them at home in unlocked drawers. When Mr. Eiden left office, he also knew his staff decided to store notecards containing his classified notes in a Secure Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) at the National Archives, and he knew his notebooks contained the same type of classified information.

As he told his ghostwriter during a recorded interview, the same staff who arranged to secure his classified notecards "didn't even know" he had retained possession of his classified notebooks.

Twice in 2017, Mr. Eiden visited the National Archives SCIF to review his classified notecards while writing his book. Yet he kept his notebooks, which also contained classified information, in unlocked drawers at home. He had strong motivations to do so and to ignore the rules for properly handling the classified information in his notebooks. He consulted the notebooks liberally during hours of discussions with his ghostwriter and viewed them as highly private and valued possessions with which he was unwilling to part.
So Biden went on national TV blaming his staff for the classified documents at his house, when in fact he knew he had those documents and the staff did not. 

BooRadley

Share      Unread post

BooRadley said: And don't forget Hillary.....

She had her own computer that no one knew about...

golfboy

Share      Unread post

golfboy said:
BooRadley » 10 Feb 2024, 11:29 am » wrote: And don't forget Hillary.....

She had her own computer that no one knew about...
And deleted data under subpoena. 
But just like the Hur report, Comey said they didn't think a jury would convict her. 

BooRadley

Share      Unread post

BooRadley said:
golfboy » 10 Feb 2024, 11:33 am » wrote: And deleted data under subpoena. 
But just like the Hur report, Comey said they didn't think a jury would convict her.
Hey Golfboy...
You into Shelby Mustangs?

golfboy

Share      Unread post

golfboy said:
BooRadley » 10 Feb 2024, 11:37 am » wrote: Hey Golfboy...
You into Shelby Mustangs?
Mustangs of all kinds.  I still have a 66 coupe I bought when I was a teenager, and a 65 convertible I've owned for 35 years. 
I used to own a 66 Shelby, but sold it because I couldn't afford to restore it correctly.
I saw it recently and it's FABULOUS. 

BooRadley

Share      Unread post

BooRadley said:
golfboy » 10 Feb 2024, 11:43 am » wrote: Mustangs of all kinds.  I still have a 66 coupe I bought when I was a teenager, and a 65 convertible I've owned for 35 years. 
I used to own a 66 Shelby, but sold it because I couldn't afford to restore it correctly.
I saw it recently and it's FABULOUS.

I recall your photo of the 66...

golfboy

Share      Unread post

golfboy said:
BooRadley » 10 Feb 2024, 1:14 pm » wrote: I recall your photo of the 66...
It was actually pretty rare - candy apple red without the skunk stripes. 
Had the rocker panel stripe.

The restoration was done with the stripes, which I thought was a bit odd, but it's their car now. 

BooRadley

Share      Unread post

BooRadley said:
golfboy » 10 Feb 2024, 3:29 pm » wrote: It was actually pretty rare - candy apple red without the skunk stripes. 
Had the rocker panel stripe.

The restoration was done with the stripes, which I thought was a bit odd, but it's their car now.
Very special cars...
Now they're going for around $200K...
Many go to auctions

golfboy

Share      Unread post

golfboy said:
BooRadley » 10 Feb 2024, 3:33 pm » wrote: Very special cars...
Now they're going for around $200K...
Many go to auctions
I don't remember what I got for mine, somewhere around half of that. 
It was completely disassembled except for the front suspension and rear axle so it could roll. 

I went to the Monterey races/auction about 20 years ago and it was Ford year. 
There were about 20 Mustangs there.  Saw Carol Shelby sit down and autograph the glove box door on 3 of them. 
But best part was this guy walks up in a tux with this REALLY good looking woman in a gown...
They walked down the line and he'd stop in front of a car and she was the car expert... she'd run her fingernail along the gaps of the door or fender, pass her hand over the quarter panel and fronts of the doors (where Mustangs were prone to rust)... she was telling him "this one was repaired well here" or don't bother with this one...
Then she walks up to this beautiful Hertz car, black with gold stripes and is going over the car.  She reaches up inside the rear finger and gets this horrified look on her face and says "My God, someone DROVE this car!".    :rofl:  
Honey, it's a CAR, it's SUPPOSED to be driven.