This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Punch

Share      Unread post

Punch said: Image

There is only one National Anthem. Two is divisive. I would deliberately sit during "Lift Every Voice."

U.S. Congressman Rips Crowd's Behavior During Black National Anthem (msn.com)

A U.S. congressman was not happy with the crowd at Allegiant Stadium during Andra Day's performance on Sunday night.
Day performed "Lift Every Voice and Sing" at the Super Bowl on Sunday evening. The song is commonly referred to as the Black national anthem.
U.S. congressman Steve Cohen was bothered that fans didn't stand up during the performance.
"Very very few stood at Super Bowl for “Lift Every Voice and Sing”. The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd," he wrote. "I stand for both. And in Memphis, most do," he said. "They can get off their white asses for a couple of minutes and show some respect."
Cohen added that he respects both songs.
"Well, I honor our national anthem and respect it as representing our country and in our pride in it. However if you look at the history and some of the verbiage, it does relate to slavery and not in a questioning manner," he said.
The NFL has had both the "Lift Every Voice and Sing" and "The Star Spangled Banner" performed at the Super Bowl in recent years and it sounds like that's going to continue to be the case.

NEILCAR

Share      Unread post

NEILCAR said: The people in the stand paid money to get in.... They get to cheer or boo as much as they want on anything they want.
I'm ok with that.

I don't mind "Lift Every Voice..." being sung. I do question why a Hispanic song, a Southeast Asian, or Pacific Islander song isn't heard from.

Me ... I just go get another beer and come back to my seat and watch the game...

Buck Naked

Share      Unread post

Child Groomer, Sexual Predator

Buck Naked said:
Punch » 12 Feb 2024, 1:47 pm » wrote: Image

There is only one National Anthem. Two is divisive. I would deliberately sit during "Lift Every Voice."

A U.S. congressman was not happy with the crowd at Allegiant Stadium during Andra Day's performance on Sunday night.
Day performed "Lift Every Voice and Sing" at the Super Bowl on Sunday evening. The song is commonly referred to as the Black national anthem.
U.S. congressman Steve Cohen was bothered that fans didn't stand up during the performance.
"Very very few stood at Super Bowl for “Lift Every Voice and Sing”. The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd," he wrote. "I stand for both. And in Memphis, most do," he said. "They can get off their white asses for a couple of minutes and show some respect."
"Well, I honor our national anthem and respect it as representing our country and in our pride in it. However if you look at the history and some of the verbiage, it does relate to slavery and not in a questioning manner," he said.
The NFL has had both the "Lift Every Voice and Sing" and "The Star Spangled Banner" performed at the Super Bowl in recent years and it sounds like that's going to continue to be the case.

good maybe he will boycott the game next year!

Sumela

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Sumela said: Why no anthem for Big Tits?

PhiloBeddo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

PhiloBeddo said: **** that *** ****. They are racist

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

ConsRule said: Let them have their own "national anthem"...and their own schools, and their own area in restaurants, and their own bathrooms, and the own drinking fountains. Wait...you mean they don't like the idea of having their own things?

**** hypocrites.

JAE

Share      Unread post

JAE said:
Sumela » 12 Feb 2024, 2:15 pm » wrote: Why no anthem for Big Tits?
:LOL:  

JAE

Share      Unread post

JAE said:
Punch » 12 Feb 2024, 1:47 pm » wrote:

So Negro is cool to say again?

BooRadley

Share      Unread post

BooRadley said:
ConsRule » 12 Feb 2024, 4:32 pm » wrote: Let them have their own "national anthem"...and their own schools, and their own area in restaurants, and their own bathrooms, and the own drinking fountains. Wait...you mean they don't like the idea of having their own things?

**** hypocrites.
Yes!
I agree

Redheaded Stranger

Share      Unread post

CYNICAL OLD CUSS
Politics: Libertarian

Redheaded Stranger said:
Punch » 12 Feb 2024, 1:47 pm » wrote: Image

I remember several years ago when Steve Cohen (who is white) requested to become a member of the Black Congressional Caucus since he was representing a majority black district around Memphis.

The told him not just no, but hell no.

****' cracker.

BooRadley

Share      Unread post

BooRadley said: Bringing the country together every day....

Now two National Anthem's?