The BD & RR Tribute Thread

Debate the issues that are the valued by liberals in this political chat forum. Try to stay on topic and respect your fellow liberals. We all feel strongly about certain issues. Keep that in mind as you debate with your peersin the liberal forum. Forum Rules
Forum rules

Rules For The Liberal's Only Room

Please read the Forum Rules before posting. Feel free to browse but only Liberals may post in this room
12 posts
Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Antifa
Welcome to an actual intentional tribute thread to bludog & RollingRock.

Let me tell you the story of a Phoenix rising.

About two weeks ago the Liberals Only Political Chat Room was filled with non-Liberals. Very little content. No direction due to serious neglect. Hardly any content I'd call liberal or left.

Today, thanks to bludog and RollingRock and a whole lot of time, effort and work, there is a lot going on in here. Lots of new topics. Lots of new liberals posting. There are even non-liberals requesting to post in the LOPCR and others complaining they want to but cannot post in the LOPCR.

Two weeks from failure to success. You two are rock stars. Take some well deserved bows.

Thank you both for all you've done.

RollingRock

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

Beer
I appreciate that, Phelix. I think I can speak for Blu when I say we just want a place where we can voice our opinions on the issues with other left-leaning types. I venture out in NHB on occasion, but I mainly stick to the LO area. As I see it, there is so much to discuss andthis subforum has great potential right before an election. I'm just thankful to the powers that be here on this forum for giving us a chance.

Thank you for your vote of confidence.  

"A nation will not survive morally or economically when a few have so much yet so many have so little." ....Bernie Sanders

bludog

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

Phelix_Dacat » 29 Jun 2020, 4:15 pm » wrote: Welcome to an actual intentional tribute thread to bludog & RollingRock.

About two weeks ago the Liberals Only Political Chat Room was filled with non-Liberals. Very little content. No direction due to serious neglect. Hardly any content I'd call liberal or left.

Today, thanks to bludog and RollingRock and a whole lot of time, effort and work, there is a lot going on in here. Lots of new topics. Lots of new liberals posting. There are even non-liberals requesting to post in the LOPCR and others complaining they want to but cannot post in the LOPCR.

Two weeks from failure to success. You two are rock stars. Take some well deserved bows.

Thanks Phelix, for all your help, which has been considerable.  And thanks to all the Liberal posters who regularly contribute their insight and acumen, in this room.  They are without exception, fine folks. 

LO will always be a work in progress.  By its very nature, this sub-forum will never attract the type of thoughtless, rapid-fire posts that continually flame in NHB.   But comparing content, on-average here and in NHB, it becomes evident that what we lack in quantity, we more than make up in quality.  
RollingRock » 29 Jun 2020, 6:06 pm » wrote: I appreciate that, Phelix. I think I can speak for Blu when I say we just want a place where we can voice our opinions on the issues with other left-leaning types. I venture out in NHB on occasion, but I mainly stick to the LO area. As I see it, there is so much to discuss andthis subforum has great potential right before an election. I'm just thankful to the powers that be here on this forum for giving us a chance.

Thank you for your vote of confidence.
I don't go into NHB much.  I have little patience with the disinformation, conspiracy theories and denial of facts which are regularly put forth there as if they were legitimate.  And I mostly prefer to steer clear of the facetious needling that peppers that sub-forum.  Credit to the Progressives who are willing, some even eager, to deal with it.

Not to discredit the handful of genuinely thoughtful and sincere non-Liberals who post in NHB.

Like you, I appreciate the authorities on this board, who are allowing us to work on re-invigorating LO.

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little :--- Franklin D. Roosevelt

sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Phelix is right. This forum was so dead for SO long. It's almost like Karma. Like It was meant to be. You all came over from org. Hardly skipped a beat. A room was ready and waiting. I'm happy to see this too. Way to go!

Olivaw

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Phelix_Dacat » 29 Jun 2020, 4:15 pm » wrote: Welcome to an actual intentional tribute thread to bludog & RollingRock.

^This. 

I almost skipped this forum entirely after looking at the state of LO. Fortunately, the powers here asked for help and two perfect guys stepped up. The speed and effectiveness of their effort has been remarkable. 

Well done guys.       

Science is not a liberal conspiracy.

RollingRock

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

Beer
@crimsongulf, your post has been deleted. Please refrain from posting in the LO area. Thanks.
"A nation will not survive morally or economically when a few have so much yet so many have so little." ....Bernie Sanders

billking

Unread post

RollingRock » 30 Jun 2020, 2:05 pm » wrote: @crimsongulf, your post has been deleted. Please refrain from posting in the LO area. Thanks.
That was one thing I couldn't help noticing here that @bludog  and @RollingRock  got under control rather quickly. If I want to see and react to the simple mindset trolls of NHB I don't have to look very far, it's refreshing to know that garbage don't fly here. BD and RR are the best.

Older Guy

Unread post

absolutely!!! It is incredible what they did here! Look, this is a great board with people who care pointing out important facts. It's not about gamesmanship, rather, hard work and dedication to truth!
Where else can someone go and strike up some hopefully intelligent discussion about all the problems we all face today. It helps immensely to know that others are out there who care deeply, and are struggling to find answers. These people who post on this board talk to other people in their daily lives, as they grapple with all these human made tragedies that without question could be helped. 
Bludog and Phoenix Rising - I Thank You, I Thank You, I Thank You!!! 
I cannot believe I have been posting here for over ten years, and I need to say that it is because of people like you, that I can!    

bludog

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

All credit to RollingRock, as well.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little :--- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Older Guy

Unread post

Thanks RollingRock!

RollingRock

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

Beer
OlderGuy » 04 Jul 2020, 1:49 am » wrote: Thanks RollingRock!
Oh, no...thank YOU for being here!   I just want a little space on the internet where we can converse with other left-of-center types about everything going on in our country as well as throughout the world.  

The site owner here as well as the mods and admin have been great in helping us get the LO area going.  I'm hoping these next few months will see the activity in this area increase dramatically.  I'm glad you're gong to be a part of it.  

Arris

Unread post

Night and day difference between this forum and that other one. WELL DONE GUYS