Debate the issues that are the valued by liberals in this political chat forum. Try to stay on topic and respect your fellow liberals. We all feel strongly about certain issues. Keep that in mind as you debate with your peersin the liberal forum. Forum Rules
Forum rules
      
Rules For The Liberal's Only Room
Please read the Forum Rules before posting. Feel free to browse but only Liberals may post in this room
User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 348
Politics: Progressive

Just read today that Lake Powell levels have dropped 100 feet in the last 3 years. If it drops another 32 feet close to six million homes will lose the hydroelectric power it creates. 
Not good!

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,346
Politics: Republican

OlderGuy » 30 Apr 2022, 7:54 pm » wrote: Just read today that Lake Powell levels have dropped 100 feet in the last 3 years. If it drops another 32 feet close to six million homes will lose the hydroelectric power it creates. 
Not good!
Any idiot who moves to a freaking DESERT should expect lakes and whatnot to dry up.  What moron moves to a damn desert?
 

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 348
Politics: Progressive

Skans » 19 May 2022, 3:17 pm » wrote: Any idiot who moves to a freaking DESERT should expect lakes and whatnot to dry up.  What moron moves to a damn desert?
Well, Lake Powell has been a major source of power for many in the West for well over sixty years. 
Glenn Canyon was formed over 5 million years ago from the Colorado river basin.
Climate change is causing calamity all over the globe.

Hi Skans,

I'm not sure if you have any questions, I think you just have a statement that makes no sense 
and is illogical. You probably are also against immigration. 
Well, you ain't seen nothing yet. 
Climate change will be the cause of massive migration never before imagined in your lifetime
if nothing is done.
That's no lie Skans.



 

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,346
Politics: Republican

OlderGuy » 28 May 2022, 7:24 pm » wrote: Well, Lake Powell has been a major source of power for many in the West for well over sixty years. 
Glenn Canyon was formed over 5 million years ago from the Colorado river basin.
Climate change is causing calamity all over the globe.

Hi Skans,

I'm not sure if you have any questions, I think you just have a statement that makes no sense 
and is illogical. You probably are also against immigration. 
Well, you ain't seen nothing yet. 
Climate change will be the cause of massive migration never before imagined in your lifetime
if nothing is done.
That's no lie Skans.
We need troops posted at the border with orders to shoot anyone illegally invading our country.  And, if it is more than 500 invaders, we should take steps necessary to create a 40-mile deep landmine zone all across the new US Territory, formerly known as northern Mexico.
 

User avatar
impartialobserver

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,134
Politics: Independent

This is inevitable. Yes, average temps in that areas have ticked up a bit. However, the real issue and one that can't be resolved is the human population in the Colorado River Watershed. Whether it is agricultural or residential, the amount of people drawing from it has greatly increased.

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 348
Politics: Progressive

impartialobserver » 31 May 2022, 1:46 pm » wrote: This is inevitable. Yes, average temps in that areas have ticked up a bit. However, the real issue and one that can't be resolved is the human population in the Colorado River Watershed. Whether it is agricultural or residential, the amount of people drawing from it has greatly increased.

Yes, average temps in that area has ticked up a bit? Doesn't that mean something, doesn't it mean anything that the West has suffered extreme drought in the last 10 years?
Each year we continue to see a cycle that gets progressively worse. We are encountering weather systems never seen in over a hundred years, year after year.
Syria became a war zone in part due to a heavy influx of folk moving there due to drought, places where animals grazed went dry, small farms that yielded no crops. India is suffering through the worst heat in recorded history far earlier in the year than ever. 

Image


 

User avatar
Holdor

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 128

OlderGuy » 30 Apr 2022, 7:54 pm » wrote: Just read today that Lake Powell levels have dropped 100 feet in the last 3 years. If it drops another 32 feet close to six million homes will lose the hydroelectric power it creates. 
Not good!

Lake Mead has dropped 150 Meters since its creation, there are seriously concerned with what they call the Critical point when the Hoover Dam will not be able to produce Electricity or send water downstream

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 196 guests