Should Biden go low?

Debate the issues that are the valued by liberals in this political chat forum. Try to stay on topic and respect your fellow liberals. We all feel strongly about certain issues. Keep that in mind as you debate with your peersin the liberal forum. Forum Rules
Forum rules

Rules For The Liberal's Only Room

Please read the Forum Rules before posting. Feel free to browse but only Liberals may post in this room
7 posts
JeanMoulin

Unread post

Politics: Democratic

Remember the "when they go low, we go high" thing? Didn't work, did it? I'm not asking him to get up to his neck in the gutter, but at times I believe he should at least get his feet wet. When THE PIG calls Joe a pedophile, Joe should be publicly saying something like "hey, I wasn't the person who was hanging around with Epstein". This is only one example where I believe Joe should strike back, and hard. It's clear to me that many of the American people want entertainment like the TV shows they watch. It's a big part of why THE PIG is here. They watch reality TV to see knock down drag out mouth fighting, and they love it, and unfortunately, if you want to get elected, you will eventually have to appease this part of the population. THE PIG understood this dark underbelly of America and used it. This doesn't necessarily mean that Joe has to become someone he is not, but he has to give them something.  Most people's minds are already made up so it's probably too late to change course now. Maybe next time. 

Anti-republiKlan

Unread post

Biden will ******* the conman off the stage....especially if they have fact checkers....and Biden comparing the Obama/Biden response to Ebola vs the response from trump to the trump Virus

bludog

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

JeanMoulin » 16 Sep 2020, 11:20 am » wrote: Remember the "when they go low, we go high" thing? Didn't work, did it? I'm not asking him to get up to his neck in the gutter, but at times I believe he should at least get his feet wet. When THE PIG calls Joe a pedophile, Joe should be publicly saying something like "hey, I wasn't the person who was hanging around with Epstein". This is only one example where I believe Joe should strike back, and hard. It's clear to me that many of the American people want entertainment like the TV shows they watch. It's a big part of why THE PIG is here. They watch reality TV to see knock down drag out mouth fighting, and they love it, and unfortunately, if you want to get elected, you will eventually have to appease this part of the population. THE PIG understood this dark underbelly of America and used it. This doesn't necessarily mean that Joe has to become someone he is not, but he has to give them something.  Most people's minds are already made up so it's probably too late to change course now. Maybe next time.
You picked a good example because Der Trumpkopf will probably call Joe a pedophile, in line with QAnon conspiracy theory.  No question that Biden cannot ignore Mein Trumpf's barbs.  Good preparation should allow Biden to retort appropriately;  Even devastatingly.  Unlike Trump, Joe will come into these debates, prepared.

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little :--- Franklin D. Roosevelt

bludog

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

Anti-republiKlan » 16 Sep 2020, 11:24 am » wrote: Biden will ******* the conman off the stage....especially if they have fact checkers....and Biden comparing the Obama/Biden response to Ebola vs the response from trump to the trump Virus
Good point about the glaring contrast between the how the Obama/Biden administration protected the US from Ebola and how Trump actually made COVID19 far worse than it should have been.   And Trump is till encouraging every kind of risky behavior in others, knowing he, himself is safe ....  Everyone he comes near has been screened.

Considering that most of Trump's speech is lies, the Trump campaign will never agree to fact-checkers.  But we should push hard for fact-checkers, as a bargaining chip.

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little :--- Franklin D. Roosevelt

JeanMoulin

Unread post

Anti-republiKlan » 16 Sep 2020, 11:24 am » wrote: Biden will ******* the conman off the stage....especially if they have fact checkers....and Biden comparing the Obama/Biden response to Ebola vs the response from trump to the trump Virus
I hope you're right. As far as the fact checkers go, those come afterwards. Like the after game sports announcers. I want Biden to be prepped so well that every lie THE PIG says, Biden can have an instant comeback, not after the game is over. His people should be able to do that. They should have a pretty good idea of what to expect. THE PIG is a pretty easy read, shouldn't be too hard. 

zkyll8

Unread post

USA
These debates are going to be pure comedy especially after watching clips of the ABC town hall that Trump was apart of last night.

Nothing but lie after lie.... this guy cannot do anything right.

I agree with both of you that Joe is going to come in prepared and ready to fight, He is going to make Trump look like a pissed off little kid pouting in his corner.

But back to the original point I think that if Joe is called a "pedophile" than he should indeed fight back and not just take the high road approach, that didn't work in 2016 and will not work now.

Older Guy

Unread post

how low can one go against Trump, not too far.
Trump is an idiot, incompetent, a danger to democracy, and quite frankly a big time blank hole as most people already do know.
I think Biden should lighten up the debate room with funny jokes about how stupid Trump actually is by using his own contradictory stupid meaningless words that he repeats over and over again like it's on a loop, when will it ever end.
Does Trump think he is a King? I do know many Republicans in Congress definitely do act like he is.
It would be ironically funny if it wasn't a fact. All these kids who can't attend school because of this moron's incompetence.
And if you thought for one second that things were improved even before the Covid-19 pandemic, Well I'm sorry, but you must have your head stuck up your
rectum. Literally, you must have your head hinged up against the small hole where one defecates to think that!
Do you really believe that Mitch McConnell believes one damn word that comes out of this guys mouth?
Is that what people back in Scranton, PA think, are they that - oh I won't even go there, the plain simple answer is no, they ain't.
The vast majority of Americans are not suckers, the people who serve in our military are not suckers, hospital workers, firefighters,
first responders are not suckers, and they don't tweet out conspiracy theories like you do Donald.
And by the way, what the F - why are you tweeting out conspiracy theories, why have you never come down against
white Nationalist racists? Why, tell me that.
What's your plan Don, what is your plan for the healthcare that you promise will get passed each week?
Can you give us some specifics?
You are a big fat Liar Donald Trump, Fox cable news is a network run by liars and we all know it!
Oh oops, I'm not supposed to say that, oh too late, that cat's already out the bag!