Talk about anything but politics in this room.
Skans

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

So, as I was responding to a thread in NHB, I remembered just how much I love challenging puzzles.  The kind I'm into are tactile, mechanical puzzles.  One I've been working on for some time now (on and off - it sits on the shelf until I get bored and then I'll play with it) is a Green Revomaze.  It has a hidden labyrinth on the inside cylinder encased in an aluminum outer cylinder.  There are traps and other "goodies" beyond just a maze, which makes it quite difficult to solve.  Here's a picture of the one I've been working on. 

I have the "silver" one as well which is supposed to be more difficult, but won't even fool with that one until I get this one open.

Below is a puzzle by German puzzle maker Rainer Popp which I would some day love to buy and give a try...

Rainer Popp makes 15 different kinds of locks which require many secret steps you must discover to open. 

Is anyone else into this kind of thing?

Skans

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Nobody likes mechanical puzzles? Come on, people! What if I told you that the one on the bottom fired full-auto? (it doesn't)

impartialobserver

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

Have never done a mechanical puzzle but would be up for trying it. Part of my profession is glorified puzzle solving. someone gets an error when loading data and so you construct different ways to sleuth out the issue.