People Like Us

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
383 posts
WillFranklin

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

People Like Us have to work hard, and are lucky if we can score a house, or even a good job, for any length of time.

But in 1971 my father, who owned a barber shop, had packed our family of five in to his parent's house waiting to find a home he could afford when the rent went up nearby. And in July, 1971 the American Dream was realized for my family. My mother had returned to work for GM when I was an infant and by then I was two years old.

People Like Us were lucky. Dad got the house with what he later told me was a 50 dollar down payment, and their good credit and steady work history, lackluster as it was. But the price was only $20,750 for the small 4 bedroom house with only one full bath and one half bath in the master bedroom suite.

Dad retired from being a barber the next year because his father, an aging World War I veteran, was having heart issues and could no longer help him in the barber shop. So Dad did home repairs for local people for another thirteen years before retiring due to his own health problems, so then I had to go to work at age 15.

I learned right quick in my first job in the grocery store the next year that money was hard to make and easy to spend for People Like Us. Minimum wage in 1985 was $3.35. Good thing Mom had health insurance for us through GM. Who has that now?

I continued studying while working and got my college degree in math and computer science and the jobs paid more. But health insurance was a ripoff, I learned.

Seems like for People Like Us today, the scheme is that we get starvation wages and a bilking from private health insurance, in the most wasteful health care system on the planet, funded on the backs of low income workers, whose wages are not enough for housing nor education. We are supposed to believe that the football stadiums, executive salaries, tons of payers and headquarters, each with tons of employees and paperwork, and the campaign contributions, and television ads, are saving health care dollars.

It really is just part of the elitist system that puts one privileged class in one section with all they need, and plenty to save, and the other class struggles and never has a dime to save, and is constantly told to work harder, and is paid less and less, and charged more and more for basic necessities.

People Like Us need our necessities, like health care, to be accessible and affordable, but the politicians that claim they want to do this are part of the same establishment that robs us and does not provide total coverage.

And our system bilks seniors. Look at how efficient total single payer nations are compared to our mostly privatized system for seniors.

'
But look at how the income taxes would be for our Medicare For All system, totally affordable for People Like Us. But the establishment is FURIOUS! People Like Us are supposed to STRUGGLE!

And then there is marijuana, one of the most beneficial plants on the planet. People Like Us would be far healthier and smarter if this was legalized. So the establishment is FURIOUS! People Like Us are supposed to be sick, and stupid, not healthy with marijuana they can grow themselves.

So what are you fighting for? I am fighting for People Like Us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugmorb_8esU

WHITE CRACKER

Unread post

Politics: Independent

Will Franklin.. GET THE **** OUT OF HERE! YOU ARE HATED ON .ORG
solon = DEBS from .ORG They beat DEBS like a redheaded step child. DEBS came to .NET to make trouble.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
WHITE CRACKER » 07 Mar 2020 4:16 am » wrote:Will Franklin.. GET THE **** OUT OF HERE! YOU ARE HATED ON .ORG
Put that CPAP on wheels and go after him.
Huey » wrote: I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

If that is really him I won’t post for a month.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Huey

Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Blackvegetable » 07 Mar 2020 8:25 am » wrote:
WHITE CRACKER » 07 Mar 2020 4:16 am » wrote:Will Franklin.. GET THE **** OUT OF HERE! YOU ARE HATED ON .ORG
.org is a good place for you.
“There is No Big There, There”

No further indictments. No instances of obstruction

Alex Vindman-"As the transcript is in the public record, we are aware of what was said"

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Read-Alexander-Vindmans-Opening-Statement-on-Trumps-Ukraine-Call-564036951.html

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 07 Mar 2020 8:27 am » wrote:
Does it have a Safe Corral for Little Yapping Snowflakes?

If not, probably too dangerous for you.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

WillFranklin

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 07 Mar 2020 8:25 am » wrote:
That's funny!

Lucifershammer

Unread post

Politics: Independent

WillFranklin » 06 Mar 2020 11:07 pm » wrote:People Like Us have to work hard, and are lucky if we can score a house, or even a good job, for any length of time.

But in 1971 my father, who owned a barber shop, had packed our family of five in to his parent's house waiting to find a home he could afford when the rent went up nearby. And in July, 1971 the American Dream was realized for my family. My mother had returned to work for GM when I was an infant and by then I was two years old.

People Like Us were lucky. Dad got the house with what he later told me was a 50 dollar down payment, and their good credit and steady work history, lackluster as it was. But the price was only $20,750 for the small 4 bedroom house with only one full bath and one half bath in the master bedroom suite.

Dad retired from being a barber the next year because his father, an aging World War I veteran, was having heart issues and could no longer help him in the barber shop. So Dad did home repairs for local people for another thirteen years before retiring due to his own health problems, so then I had to go to work at age 15.

I learned right quick in my first job in the grocery store the next year that money was hard to make and easy to spend for People Like Us. Minimum wage in 1985 was $3.35. Good thing Mom had health insurance for us through GM. Who has that now?

I continued studying while working and got my college degree in math and computer science and the jobs paid more. But health insurance was a ripoff, I learned.

Seems like for People Like Us today, the scheme is that we get starvation wages and a bilking from private health insurance, in the most wasteful health care system on the planet, funded on the backs of low income workers, whose wages are not enough for housing nor education. We are supposed to believe that the football stadiums, executive salaries, tons of payers and headquarters, each with tons of employees and paperwork, and the campaign contributions, and television ads, are saving health care dollars.

It really is just part of the elitist system that puts one privileged class in one section with all they need, and plenty to save, and the other class struggles and never has a dime to save, and is constantly told to work harder, and is paid less and less, and charged more and more for basic necessities.

People Like Us need our necessities, like health care, to be accessible and affordable, but the politicians that claim they want to do this are part of the same establishment that robs us and does not provide total coverage.

And our system bilks seniors. Look at how efficient total single payer nations are compared to our mostly privatized system for seniors.

'
But look at how the income taxes would be for our Medicare For All system, totally affordable for People Like Us. But the establishment is FURIOUS! People Like Us are supposed to STRUGGLE!

And then there is marijuana, one of the most beneficial plants on the planet. People Like Us would be far healthier and smarter if this was legalized. So the establishment is FURIOUS! People Like Us are supposed to be sick, and stupid, not healthy with marijuana they can grow themselves.

So what are you fighting for? I am fighting for People Like Us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugmorb_8esU
If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.

Independent

Unread post

Will Franklin

I grew up with less than you and made something of myself in this great country of opportunity.

The only one that holds you back is you. But you’ll never understand this.

Independent

Unread post

And by the way. One payer systems create a two tier system of healthcare where the rich get good care and the rest get crap.

Isn’t that exactly what you don’t want?

Huey

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 07 Mar 2020 8:35 am » wrote:
Huey » 07 Mar 2020 8:27 am » wrote:
Does it have a Safe Corral for Little Yapping Snowflakes?

If not, probably too dangerous for you.
Yes, considering you are a little yapping snowflake you should be safe there. They would love to hear all about your "it's all about me threads" .

Alex Vindman-"As the transcript is in the public record, we are aware of what was said"

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Read-Alexander-Vindmans-Opening-Statement-on-Trumps-Ukraine-Call-564036951.html

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 07 Mar 2020 9:45 am » wrote:
Yes, considering you are a little yapping snowflake you should be safe there. They would love to hear all about your "it's all about me threads" .
Very Special, Yappy..

They would love to hear all about your "it's all about me threads" .
But, Yappy, you noinfo imbeciles ALWAYS make it about me.

I repeat slogans.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Independent » 07 Mar 2020 9:22 am » wrote:And by the way. One payer systems create a two tier system of healthcare where the rich get good care and the rest get crap.

Isn’t that exactly what you don’t want?
Who told you that, I?

I repeat slogans.

Independent

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 07 Mar 2020 10:05 am » wrote:
Who told you that, I?
Sometimes I think you live under a rock.

Do some research.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Independent » 07 Mar 2020 11:08 am » wrote:

Do some research.
Where on the AM dial?

I repeat slogans.

Huey

Unread post

Huey » 07 Mar 2020 9:45 am » wrote:
Very Special, Yappy..
They would love to hear all about your "it's all about me threads" .
But, Yappy, you noinfo imbeciles ALWAYS make it about me.
No, you do. You post it these threads, not us.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 07 Mar 2020 11:25 am » wrote:
This thread had nothing to do with me....until you showed up.

I repeat slogans.

Huey

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 07 Mar 2020 11:32 am » wrote:
Huey » 07 Mar 2020 11:25 am » wrote:
Moron, I am not talking about this thread. I am talking about your “here I threads” concerning travel.

**** idiot. Lmao!

This thread had nothing to do with me....until you showed up.

WillFranklin

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 07 Mar 2020 11:14 am » wrote:
Where on the AM dial?
That's their LIBRARY!

Huey

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 07 Mar 2020 11:14 am » wrote:
Independent » 07 Mar 2020 11:08 am » wrote:

Do some research.
Where on the AM dial?

AM dial? Get with times, man.

solon

Unread post

Who told you that, I?
More CRAP Indy is another MORON who just spews out what he was TOLD to think. I read an op ed by a conservative complaining about Englands single payer. A celebrity conservative in England needed a non emergency surgery and the gist of the article was he COULD NOT move up in line to get it FASTER than everybody else and was put in a room that was not private because his wealth and fame could NOT move him up the line now the bottom line is he GOT his surgery it went well but the COMPLAINT was he was treated like everybody else

IndyMORON is a LIAR. There is NOTHING inherent in single payer that would make it two tier even if that DOES happen in some countries we could CERTAINLY make it so it doesnt here and the most telling thing about the IGNORANT talking point INDYMOREON spews is that no one in their RIGHT MIND would not say that THIS is a two tiered system we probably have the as good a healthcare system as any in the world FOR THE RICH and for the poor you get emergency care and tossed out to DIE if you need ongoing care