Farmed Salmon

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
87 posts
nuckin futz

Unread post

Politics: Independent

SJConspirator » 23 Jun 2020, 1:09 pm » wrote: Libertarians have never controlled the WH or the House, Senate or the SCOTUS, Democrats and Republicans have controlled all the above for 2 centuries now, but libertarians are the problem...
The Libertards were taken over by the KOCH Brothers years ago, and have been dominated by "me firsters" and greedy tax evading business crooks of all stripes looking for excess profits by any means!
I supported them 1n 1976 when they ran Clarke for POTUS,, but then ran the most crooked business candidates imaginable!  I realized that I'd been HUSTLED!

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
SJConspirator » 23 Jun 2020, 5:13 pm » wrote: I didn't think you liked them, but it seems that Libertarians hold a special contempt for you compared to others.  

Of course I agree that pollution is a major problem, as to solutions, I can name a couple.
1.  Make any form of government assistance contingent on the applicant being rendered sterile.  This would reduce the birthrate, and each human born is a giant carbon footprint waiting to happen.
2.  Eliminate all taxes that disproportionately affect the working poor, such as sales tax, and income tax.
Why?

If reducing the carbon foot print is so important - carbon being the most obnoxious of all foods that plants consume, - then keeping our foot on the necks of the poor prevents them from affording children.I say increase those taxes, because covid.

I mean carbon.

Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

SJConspirator

Unread post

Politics: Green

Cannonpointer » 24 Jun 2020, 1:23 pm » wrote: Why?

If reducing the carbon foot print is so important - carbon being the most obnoxious of all foods that plants consume, - then keeping our foot on the necks of the poor prevents them from affording children.I say increase those taxes, because covid.

I mean carbon.
good point.  As China standard of living increase, they developed a middle class and their pollution has only gotten worse...  

Ill be damned, we’re all **** doomed
The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
SJConspirator » 24 Jun 2020, 1:45 pm » wrote: good point.  As China standard of living increase, they developed a middle class and their pollution has only gotten worse...  

Ill be damned, we’re all **** doomed

Or you could do a smidge of research and learn that carbon is at an all time low and you've been lied to.

But, hey - every man has a right to his religion. I just think carbon makes a really lame **** devil.  
Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

peepee

Unread post

nuckinfutz » 24 Jun 2020, 10:30 am » wrote: The Libertards were taken over by the KOCH Brothers years ago, and have been dominated by "me firsters" and greedy tax evading business crooks of all stripes looking for excess profits by any means!
I supported them 1n 1976 when they ran Clarke for POTUS,, but then ran the most crooked business candidates imaginable!  I realized that I'd been HUSTLED!

...as if your stinking democrats and the stinking republicans haven't been controlled lock, $tock and barrel by the plutocrat$ since their inception....   

peepee

Unread post

SJConspirator » 24 Jun 2020, 8:48 am » wrote: Your point #6 is similar to something that I used to tell ppl, government should be treated more like a jury that serves in a trial, they should be drafted in groups of 12 to serve as lawmakers and make executive decisions for a term of 1 to 2 months.  Every person who has a high school diploma and no criminal record could be called to do this “jury duty”
...'pollution' is a form of trespass... a decent court system [CERTAINLY not the one we have now] will have many more resources to resolve INEVITABLE disputes when we get rid of the hideous 'war on drugs' and the other MOTHERF@CKING abominations foisted upon us by the puppet $how...[a puppet $how that has been enthroned since the darkest age$]...

...until our monetary order (the not-so-great scoreboard of life) is 'PUBLICIZED' AND MADE EGALITARIAN AND TRANSPARENT people complaining about any other issue(s) are wasting their breath...

...also, in a 'society' with an honest, efficient system of 'education' i believe many of the problems that vex us will be GREATLY diminished... honestly 'educated' people try very very hard to 'eat and drink  healthy'.... honestly educated people don't 'sh!t in their nest'.... unfortunately, many millions of our fellows affirm, for the highest of public offices, some awful f@cking puppet$...people whose stinking puny 'ideas' are no threat to the mi$erable exi$ting order....

...i still can't figure out the animosity towards 'libertarians' [...names? ..other than the nixon-sucking 'objectivist', ayn rand and the conservative republican kock brothers] ... it's like blaming the constitution party or the green party for the abominations of the republicrats, WHO HAVE COMPLETELY DOMINATED THE $CENE FOR DECADES!

..[be honest now...did you guys get cuckolded  by a johnny wad libertarian?] 

sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Independent

ROFL
pee pee? where were you this morning? I was thinking about you? your the only guy who picks on me?

peepee

Unread post

Polar1ty » 23 Jun 2020, 11:40 pm » wrote: This is why Cannon and I were confused when you called yourself a "libertarian."

I know for a fact if you talked about banning GMOs in a libertarian circle, 95-99% of them would call you a "statist," an "authoritarian," etc.

And good to see you have common sense on this topic.
...i call bullsh!t here... ime 'libertarians' understand the problems with gmo's better than republicrats.....

...my old friend and mentor told me, 'pray for the candidate who excites both the smartest libertarians and the smartest greens'...   

SJConspirator

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 24 Jun 2020, 1:47 pm » wrote: Or you could do a smidge of research and learn that carbon is at an all time low and you've been lied to.

But, hey - every man has a right to his religion. I just think carbon makes a really lame **** devil.

Sometimes ur kind of slippery and hard to pin down.  Do you consider overpopulation and /or pollution a problem to be reckoned with or not?  I honestly cant tell from your posts here.

SJConspirator

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 24 Jun 2020, 1:47 pm » wrote: Or you could do a smidge of research and learn that carbon is at an all time low and you've been lied to.

Is overpopulation and / or pollution a problem in modern society?
The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

peepee

Unread post

POLAR!TY: "...And I honestly believe, 100%, that libertarians are simply too naive, inexperienced, or detached from reality to do it. They will fail, which is why I CANNOT lend my support to "the libertarian cause" (and this is excluding your "Republican retard pretending to be libertarian" cases)..."

...please share with us who you support/vote for, if any... i have written-in my friend's name for pres., etc., for 20 years...(if/when i vote) ...i only voted in 2016 because of the marijuana question and i will probably vote this year in support of 'ranked choice voting' which will foster more candidates than the two stinking republicrat puppet$...

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
SJConspirator » 24 Jun 2020, 3:33 pm » wrote: Sometimes ur kind of slippery and hard to pin down.
I'm surprised to hear that - I never duck a question, unlike the panty dancers who snipe at me from cover. Not ducking questions has been, IMO, a motif and a point of pride with me. "slippery" is probably the most insulting thing I have been called on this board, from my perspective - though I am not suggesting the slight was dishonest on your part, or intentional. Just surprising.
SJConspirator » 24 Jun 2020, 3:33 pm » wrote: Do you consider overpopulation and /or pollution a problem to be reckoned with or not? I honestly cant tell from your posts here.
Over population might be a problem - have to reach 30 billion or so people to find out. So far, every population benchmark we have hit that was supposed to be a tipping point has been breezed past with HIGHER standards of living and LONGER life spans, new technologies having obviated the predicted tipping point crises. In my experience, tomorrow tends to look like today, which looks like yesterday. So whatever the next population tipping point is - I no longer pay attention, you understand, - I pffft in the general direction of. The fossil layer is ever in the making on this mighty hopper of a planet - we are not going to deplete it as we and everything we make are nothing more than an extremely temporary part of it and are being recycled within it as we speak.

Pollution MIGHT be a problem we can agree on, unless you insist on foolishly rolling atmospheric carbon into the definition of pollution. I don't consider rabbit pellets, bird seed, plankton, atmospheric carbon, krill, potatoes or other food stuffs to be pollution. Sorry about that.

In my lifetime we beat smog, acid rain and rivers on fire - so I certainly recognize that pollution can be an issue. Each of those pollution issues were large but localized problems. L.A.'s smog - which we put to route with cafe standards and unleaded gas, yay us - never hurt Topeka. And today's pollution is mostly a problem local to China, the USA having long ago developed technologies to clean it up, developed technologies to avoid it, and developed legal standards to prevent/deal with it.

Where we have a problem that appears international in scope is the big plastic dump in the pacific - and it is being tackled as we speak:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2018/02/15 ... m-alameda/

Which brings us to the real issue. This country won't be a country ten years from now. It'll be a fractured group of states and regions in survival mode, headed up by strong men. Pollution and over population will be the farthest thing from our minds. The queers and trannies will not be lobbying for toilet legislation, and he ****** won't be blaming whitey for their chronic under performance - they'll be focused, with the rest of us, on survival issues.

The USA is being treated as a disposable lighter. For example, I'm instructed that the vast underground aquifers beneath California's central valley have been deliberately - and most unnecessarily - pumped dry and caused to collapse - a deliberate and willful act of nihilist sabotage by that state's "leaders," who had a two billion dollar desalination plant off the coast of Santa Barbara sitting idle. When one sees writing such as that on the wall, one is given fair warning that "the end is near."

Want to tackle pollution? Turn it into food. EVERYTHING is edible by something. Too many zebras? Release some lions. Too many foxes? Release the hounds. Too many injuns? Kill the buffalo. It's eat or be eaten - and we need to feed pollution to something.

Want to tackle pollution like a boss? End war. And that means end the USA, as it - uniquely - relies on war and plunder for its livelihood. You aren't going to need to worry about over population or pollution for much longer - you aren't going to have time, IMO. We are going to pay the piper, right soon. The stimulus checks will stop. The imports will, too.

I could be wrong about our impending demise. I'm not wrong about pollution. Or about "over" population - a time-tested and history-rebuked canard. Where there is a will, there is a way. Getting rid of humans is the stupidest **** way that a HUMAN could ever suggest.

SJConspirator

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 24 Jun 2020, 7:24 pm » wrote: I'm surprised to hear that - I never duck a question, unlike the panty dancers who snipe at me from cover. Not ducking questions has been, IMO, a motif and a point of pride with me. "slippery" is probably the most insulting thing I have been called on this board, from my perspective - though I am not suggesting the slight was dishonest on your part, or intentional. Just surprising.

Over population might be a problem - have to reach 30 billion or so people to find out. So far, every population benchmark we have hit that was supposed to be a tipping point has been breezed past with HIGHER standards of living and LONGER life spans, new technologies having obviated the predicted tipping point crises. In my experience, tomorrow tends to look like today, which looks like yesterday. So whatever the next population tipping point is - I no longer pay attention, you understand, - I pffft in the general direction of. The fossil layer is ever in the making on this mighty hopper of a planet - we are not going to deplete it as we and everything we make are nothing more than an extremely temporary part of it and are being recycled within it as we speak.

Pollution MIGHT be a problem we can agree on, unless you insist on foolishly rolling atmospheric carbon into the definition of pollution. I don't consider rabbit pellets, bird seed, plankton, atmospheric carbon, krill, potatoes or other food stuffs to be pollution. Sorry about that.

In my lifetime we beat smog, acid rain and rivers on fire - so I certainly recognize that pollution can be an issue. Each of those pollution issues were large but localized problems. L.A.'s smog - which we put to route with cafe standards and unleaded gas, yay us - never hurt Topeka. And today's pollution is mostly a problem local to China, the USA having long ago developed technologies to clean it up, developed technologies to avoid it, and developed legal standards to prevent/deal with it.

Where we have a problem that appears international in scope is the big plastic dump in the pacific - and it is being tackled as we speak:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2018/02/15 ... m-alameda/

Which brings us to the real issue. This country won't be a country ten years from now. It'll be a fractured group of states and regions in survival mode, headed up by strong men. Pollution and over population will be the farthest thing from our minds. The queers and trannies will not be lobbying for toilet legislation, and he ****** won't be blaming whitey for their chronic under performance - they'll be focused, with the rest of us, on survival issues.

The USA is being treated as a disposable lighter. For example, I'm instructed that the vast underground aquifers beneath California's central valley have been deliberately - and most unnecessarily - pumped dry and caused to collapse - a deliberate and willful act of nihilist sabotage by that state's "leaders," who had a two billion dollar desalination plant off the coast of Santa Barbara sitting idle. When one sees writing such as that on the wall, one is given fair warning that "the end is near."

Want to tackle pollution? Turn it into food. EVERYTHING is edible by something. Too many zebras? Release some lions. Too many foxes? Release the hounds. Too many injuns? Kill the buffalo. It's eat or be eaten - and we need to feed pollution to something.

Want to tackle pollution like a boss? End war. And that means end the USA, as it - uniquely - relies on war and plunder for its livelihood. You aren't going to need to worry about over population or pollution for much longer - you aren't going to have time, IMO. We are going to pay the piper, right soon. The stimulus checks will stop. The imports will, too.

I could be wrong about our impending demise. I'm not wrong about pollution. Or about "over" population - a time-tested and history-rebuked canard. Where there is a will, there is a way. Getting rid of humans is the stupidest **** way that a HUMAN could ever suggest.
Great post.  This should be post of the day

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
SJConspirator » 24 Jun 2020, 8:17 pm » wrote: Great post.  This should be post of the day

There's a little red star you can push - lol.

Polar1ty

Unread post

SJConspirator » 24 Jun 2020, 8:48 am » wrote: Your point #6 is similar to something that I used to tell ppl, government should be treated more like a jury that serves in a trial, they should be drafted in groups of 12 to serve as lawmakers and make executive decisions for a term of 1 to 2 months.  Every person who has a high school diploma and no criminal record could be called to do this “jury duty”
The biggest trade off is you get fewer corrupt psychopaths in power, but a lot of people will have no idea what they're doing.

Your typical American can't explain why rent control (from an economics standpoint) is a bad idea, yet would probably support it instead of the alternative, which works much better (expand housing supply, loosen zoning rules).

Last edited by Polar1ty on 24 Jun 2020, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SJConspirator

Unread post

Polar1ty » 24 Jun 2020, 10:14 pm » wrote: The biggest trade off is you get less corrupt psychopaths in power, but a lot of people will have no idea what they're doing.

Your typical American can't explain why rent control (from an economics standpoint) is a bad idea, yet would probably support it instead of the alternative, which works much better (expand housing supply, loosen zoning rules).
 I think a randomly Chosen group through sortition has a 50% chance of having greater general knowledge of governing, finance and geography and modern infrastructure than Trump.  

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
SJConspirator » 24 Jun 2020, 10:23 pm » wrote:  I think a randomly Chosen group through sortition has a 50% chance of having greater general knowledge of governing, finance and geography and modern infrastructure than Trump.

So does a **** spaniel, but he'll sell the country out for bacon strips.  

At least trump demands hotels! I don't wanna be sold cheap!

Polar1ty

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 25 Jun 2020, 1:33 am » wrote: So does a **** spaniel, but he'll sell the country out for bacon strips.  

At least trump demands hotels! I don't wanna be sold cheap!
Just realized a couple weeks ago the wild, canned sardines I buy are sourced from...yes, the Baltic Sea. Where all those nations dump their toxic, industrial waste into a CLOSED water ecosystem.   

You were 100% spot on when you said, and I paraphrase, “When you escape one prison, you find tens more just waiting to ensnare you.” 

Back to the drawing board...

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Polar1ty » 26 Sep 2020, 11:08 pm » wrote: Just realized a couple weeks ago the wild, canned sardines I buy are sourced from...yes, the Baltic Sea. Where all those nations dump their toxic, industrial waste into a CLOSED water ecosystem.   

You were 100% spot on when you said, and I paraphrase, “When you escape one prison, you find tens more just waiting to ensnare you.” 

Back to the drawing board...

If you can make money on the internet, you can live anywhere. And there are still clean food and water chains, believe it or not

Polar1ty

Unread post

It also greatly amuses me how much I ranted about libertardians in this thread.

I will admit the “Republicrat sphincters” are probably more deserving of the venom, however.