So what went down at example.com?q=???

Debate the issues that are the valued by liberals in this political chat forum. Try to stay on topic and respect your fellow liberals. We all feel strongly about certain issues. Keep that in mind as you debate with your peersin the liberal forum. Forum Rules
Forum rules

Rules For The Liberal's Only Room

Please read the Forum Rules before posting. Feel free to browse but only Liberals may post in this room
7 posts
Older Guy

Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Hi All, 

I used to post as The Old Barn but when I was informed of Liberalforum.net I couldn't log in because I forgot my password and no longer have the email I used to use - that was a while ago - like 9 years...
Anyway, on the spot, "Older Guy", was the only screen name I could think of.

What has happened at example.com?q=? It's crazy, it reminds me of what happened just prior to Obama getting elected in 2008. Do you remember when Clear Channel bought all the Liberal Shows on radio and overnight turned them into Right-Wing Conservative talk shows? I live in the SF area in California, and it was wacko. 

Thank you for giving me heads up on this location Bludog!

bludog

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

OlderGuy » 27 Jun 2020, 8:16 pm » wrote: Hi All, 

I used to post as The Old Barn but when I was informed of Liberalforum.net I couldn't log in because I forgot my password and no longer have the email I used to use - that was a while ago - like 9 years...
Glad to see you here OldBarn.    If you want, you can resume posting in LO her at .net, just as if nothing ever happened at .org.  Maybe I can get your screen name changed back to TheOldBarn, if you'd like me to try?
What has happened at example.com?q=? It's crazy, it reminds me of what happened just prior to Obama getting elected in 2008. Do you remember when Clear Channel bought all the Liberal Shows on radio and overnight turned them into Right-Wing Conservative talk shows? I live in the SF area in California, and it was wacko.
Well yeah.  It's kinda like that ...  What happened at .org.     The new owner turned the place into heaven for hard-core cons, bigots, trolls and flamers.  And, as you know, did away with LO there.
I'm glad you got my email over there.  Up until now, I wasn't sure.  It was the last thing I was able to do before being banned.

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little :--- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Older Guy

Unread post

Also wanted to say thanks to common!

I'll have to get used to the filter that has been mandated. And I guess I understand why.
I have to think that something good is on its way. I really feel that folks are seeing straight since the pandemic took hold. People saw what happened to Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd and reacted in a much different way. People were incensed when Eric Garner was strangled by the cops for selling loose cigarettes, but perhaps they were too distracted by so many other things that were going on at the time.
I don't know why, but seeing what happened on the old liberals only room makes me think that the crazy right-wing folks seem to know some good change is on its way. Perhaps it's how they react in this wild frenzied furry, which is so bizarre and unsettling, that somehow deep down they know the writings on the wall.
I truly feel like people are starting to see the truth more. Like they actually want action regarding the truth about racism in this country and the incredible inequality that has been such a staple in this country for far too long.

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Antifa
Hi The Old Barn / @Older Guy. I've read your posts at OLF (Old LiberalForum, though I read it as Obnoxious LiberalForum). Good to have you here.

In "The Water Cooler Chat Room" I have a thread titled "Dot Org: The Meltdown, The Purge, The kFOOLs" that documents a little bit of the endlessforumdrama.

Here's a link viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46603

FREE RIPPY!

Older Guy

Unread post

Phelix_Dacat » 27 Jun 2020, 9:05 pm » wrote: Hi The Old Barn / @Older Guy. I've read your posts at OLF (Old LiberalForum, though I read it as Obnoxious LiberalForum). Good to have you here.

In "The Water Cooler Chat Room" I have a thread titled "Dot Org: The Meltdown, The Purge, The kFOOLs" that documents a little bit of the endlessforumdrama.

Here's a link viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46603

thanks for the explanation Phelix_Dacat, and might I say, that is a cool posting name! I am kind of old, Felix the Cat was one of my favorite cartoons in the early sixties. Someone should have the screen name "Masta Cylinder" on that old site, I'm sure kFools would get off on that sort of racist slant.
Thank you!

Olivaw

Unread post

OlderGuy » 27 Jun 2020, 8:16 pm » wrote: Hi All, 

Hey Old Barn, 

I remember you from the other forum. Welcome to .NET.

When I first arrived, LO was a mess. BD and RR have done a great job cleaning It up and bringing the room back to life. 

Hope you enjoy the place as much as I do. 

Peace. 
Make America Sane Again

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Antifa
Olivaw » 29 Jun 2020, 1:11 am » wrote: Hey Old Barn, 

I remember you from the other forum. Welcome to .NET.

When I first arrived, LO was a mess. BD and RR have done a great job cleaning It up and bringing the room back to life. 

Hope you enjoy the place as much as I do. 

Peace.
I agree with you. BD & RR have done an awesome job turning this room around. When they got here is was dead through neglect.

FREE RIPPY!