Skinny Jeans

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
11 posts
User avatar
promoderate

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 140
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

“Efforts to reject the mainstream merely result in a new conformity.” -MIT Technology Review

https://www.technologyreview.com/2019/0 ... -the-same/

The hipster effect: those who want to make anti-conformist statements end up looking almost identical to others who wish to make similar statements. I.e. the guy in skinny jeans and a tie dye shirt with blue hair who is vegan and loves the planet although he has yet to spend one solid day in the wilderness.

Although “tight-fitting jeans can cause urinary tract infections, twisted testicles, bladder weakness and long-term health consequences,” they continue to be a trend among ‘men’ who claim to belong to the counterculture. Not a counterculture I want to be a part of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.medica ... les/247826

We have evolved through natural selection to work in groups to survive. ‘Herd mentality,’ which is mocked today by all ends of the political spectrum, is subconsciously adopted by many on a daily basis, even when one believes he is rebelling against the norm.

The rise of social media has heightened this effect. When did you last make a decision that wasn’t influenced by a government, corporation, public figure, or something someone else was doing? If you defy a government, you are likely to join a group of individuals who think similarly. If you boycott a corporation, you are likely to take similar actions to others in circumventing it. If you hate a public figure, that sentiment likely came from something another person said.

Humans have a desire to feel special and unique, to feel that they offer something to the world that others can’t or don’t. But to what extent are you willing to go to prove your point, and will it end up harming you in the long run?

Let us put to rest the tired argument that one should or should not take an action because other people are or are not doing it. In the end, you are not special, and there are likely to be similar people who are taking an action for reasons similar to yours. Instead, judge it solely on the consequences it will have for your life and the life of those you will impact.
 
 
Log in or Register to remove ads


User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 8,872
Politics: Independent

ROFL
promoderate » 05 Aug 2020, 12:50 am » wrote: “Efforts to reject the mainstream merely result in a new conformity.” -MIT Technology Review

https://www.technologyreview.com/2019/0 ... -the-same/

The hipster effect: those who want to make anti-conformist statements end up looking almost identical to others who wish to make similar statements. I.e. the guy in skinny jeans and a tie dye shirt with blue hair who is vegan and loves the planet although he has yet to spend one solid day in the wilderness.

Although “tight-fitting jeans can cause urinary tract infections, twisted testicles, bladder weakness and long-term health consequences,” they continue to be a trend among ‘men’ who claim to belong to the counterculture. Not a counterculture I want to be a part of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.medica ... les/247826

We have evolved through natural selection to work in groups to survive. ‘Herd mentality,’ which is mocked today by all ends of the political spectrum, is subconsciously adopted by many on a daily basis, even when one believes he is rebelling against the norm.

The rise of social media has heightened this effect. When did you last make a decision that wasn’t influenced by a government, corporation, public figure, or something someone else was doing? If you defy a government, you are likely to join a group of individuals who think similarly. If you boycott a corporation, you are likely to take similar actions to others in circumventing it. If you hate a public figure, that sentiment likely came from something another person said.

Humans have a desire to feel special and unique, to feel that they offer something to the world that others can’t or don’t. But to what extent are you willing to go to prove your point, and will it end up harming you in the long run?

Let us put to rest the tired argument that one should or should not take an action because other people are or are not doing it. In the end, you are not special, and there are likely to be similar people who are taking an action for reasons similar to yours. Instead, judge it solely on the consequences it will have for your life and the life of those you will impact.
Do you wear skinny jeans? Had to ask because you do eat fruitloops.  

User avatar
promoderate

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 140
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

sooted » wrote:
promoderate » 05 Aug 2020, 12:50 am » wrote: “Efforts to reject the mainstream merely result in a new conformity.” -MIT Technology Review

https://www.technologyreview.com/2019/0 ... -the-same/

The hipster effect: those who want to make anti-conformist statements end up looking almost identical to others who wish to make similar statements. I.e. the guy in skinny jeans and a tie dye shirt with blue hair who is vegan and loves the planet although he has yet to spend one solid day in the wilderness.

Although “tight-fitting jeans can cause urinary tract infections, twisted testicles, bladder weakness and long-term health consequences,” they continue to be a trend among ‘men’ who claim to belong to the counterculture. Not a counterculture I want to be a part of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.medica ... les/247826

We have evolved through natural selection to work in groups to survive. ‘Herd mentality,’ which is mocked today by all ends of the political spectrum, is subconsciously adopted by many on a daily basis, even when one believes he is rebelling against the norm.

The rise of social media has heightened this effect. When did you last make a decision that wasn’t influenced by a government, corporation, public figure, or something someone else was doing? If you defy a government, you are likely to join a group of individuals who think similarly. If you boycott a corporation, you are likely to take similar actions to others in circumventing it. If you hate a public figure, that sentiment likely came from something another person said.

Humans have a desire to feel special and unique, to feel that they offer something to the world that others can’t or don’t. But to what extent are you willing to go to prove your point, and will it end up harming you in the long run?

Let us put to rest the tired argument that one should or should not take an action because other people are or are not doing it. In the end, you are not special, and there are likely to be similar people who are taking an action for reasons similar to yours. Instead, judge it solely on the consequences it will have for your life and the life of those you will impact.
Do you wear skinny jeans? Had to ask because you do eat fruitloops.  

 
I love fruitloops

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 8,872
Politics: Independent

ROFL
I luv Honey Nuts  cherrios.  

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

     
     
Posts: 4,716
Politics: Liberal
Location: PA

promoderate » 05 Aug 2020, 12:50 am » wrote: Humans have a desire to feel special and unique, to feel that they offer something to the world that others can’t or don’t. But to what extent are you willing to go to prove your point, and will it end up harming you in the long run?

Let us put to rest the tired argument that one should or should not take an action because other people are or are not doing it. In the end, you are not special, and there are likely to be similar people who are taking an action for reasons similar to yours. Instead, judge it solely on the consequences it will have for your life and the life of those you will impact.
 
Your envy has been noted.
Your attempt at historical-perspective sucks....no doubt a result o' your youth & inexperience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohJ6T1pFalI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnHuTxlrbvs
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 101,612
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom

WhistleSNAP

Oh, you'll be right at home here, then. Fruit loops we GOT.

And fruit cakes. Ya like fruit cakes, dere, edith?

https://tfoxlaw.files.wordpress.com/201 ... bunker.jpg
Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
nefarious101

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 30,724

Progressive men put a tremendous amount of effort trying to feminize themselves. At ANTIFA riots you will always see the men standing behind the women in an effort to shield themselves. It is something learned during the prepubescent momma's boy stage of life that they have not yet managed to shake....most never will



What you will see is this...a fat guy wearing skinny jeans


User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 8,872
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Cannonpointer » 05 Aug 2020, 3:07 pm » wrote: Oh, you'll be right at home here, then. Fruit loops we GOT.

And fruit cakes. Ya like fruit cakes, dere, edith?

https://tfoxlaw.files.wordpress.com/201 ... bunker.jpg
Absolutely fit right in here. Gotta give him credit tho. Nice colorful picture.  

User avatar
nuckin futz

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 30,963
Politics: Independent

sootedupCyndi » 05 Aug 2020, 7:39 am » wrote: I luv Honey Nuts  cherrios.
Do you love Nutz?      
 

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people






User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 8,872
Politics: Independent

ROFL
nuckinfutz » 05 Aug 2020, 6:34 pm » wrote: Do you love Nutz?    
Of course, Your the nutz i'm talking about.  

User avatar
nuckin futz

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 30,963
Politics: Independent

sootedupCyndi » 05 Aug 2020, 7:15 pm » wrote: Of course, Your the nutz i'm talking about.
So you are nutz about futz! Good Gurl! I'll toss you a cookie!      
 

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people






Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Al Donal, Alexa [Bot], Annoyed Liberall, Anti-republiKlan, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, Cannonpointer, Cedar, Crazytrain, Deezer Shoove, Doug1943, Famagusta, FOS, Google Adsense [Bot], Ike Bana, Independent, Isabel, JeanMoulin, Majestic-12 [Bot], NeoConvict, OdeToJoy, omh, PaperLi [Bot], Pengwin, Polar1ty, Ricky Tavy, RollingRock, Sa'ra the Hippiecrit, SJConspirator, skews13, slideman, Spy Car, Steve Jobs [Bot], Taipan, Termin8tor, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, WillFranklin, Zeets2 and 638 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads