Impeller Versus Agitator....Which Do You Recommend?

Talk about anything but politics in this room.
63 posts
User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 38,503
Politics: Liberal
Contact:

PPE Mask
sootedupCyndi » 06 Aug 2020, 12:13 pm » wrote:
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 12:10 pm » wrote: We're kind of in the same boat.
Hubby just told me some of the blinds in the family room need to be replaced.
Excuse my language, but when it rains, it **** pours.
Yes it does. The lights in my basement blew out and the chainsaw is in the shop.      I feel ill. I DO have a rotton life.
You have a chainsaw?
I'm a little envious.
 
 
Log in or Register to remove ads

#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 10,917
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 12:16 pm » wrote: You have a chainsaw?
I'm a little envious.
           

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 14,684
Politics: Classical Liberal

Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 11:40 am » wrote: My husband gives them away, mostly to my son who has three boys.
I have a Bose Sound bar in my living room.
I need one for the bedroom because the sound on that TV is kind of tinny.
 
We give a lot of them to my daughter and SIL.
They also have 3 boys.
Damn boys break everything!

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 38,503
Politics: Liberal
Contact:

PPE Mask
Isabel » 06 Aug 2020, 12:15 pm » wrote:
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 10:53 am » wrote: No. I don't have the space for a side by side.
We bought an 18 cubic foot top freezer fridge.
It goes under a cabinet and we could not go over 66 inches in height.
The fridge we got is 65 and 3/8 inches in height.
Just made it.
Wuss.

Our last fridge decided to die all at once.
No slow decline to let us know.
On a Friday evening.
Right after I had emptied out the last one's freezer  and restocked it with a fortune in meat.
We ran to Best Buy in a panic Saturday morning, looking for a floor model that they could deliver that day.
Found a very nice Samsung.
Such idiots, or so panicked, that we didn't even measure.  LOL.
When the guys came, it was too tall for the cabinets.
Told my husband: "Get the Sawzall".
LOLOL.
Yeah, we actually sanded down the molding on the front of the cabinet a little before the fridge was delivered and thank goodness we did.
That thing barely fits.
There's maybe a quarter of an ince to spare, if that.

Luckily our fridge didn't die all at once.
It was leaking water into the freezer and the fridge even after we turned off the water line to the ice maker.
I don't understand how that could happen.

The freezer on our fridge was too small to hold much, so we bought a little chest freezer to put in our Mud/Laundry room.
Best thing we ever did.
Saves us trips to the Supermarket, which is good right now.

And BTW, one of the hinges on the door to that freezer is also broken.
I have been emailing the company for two months to get a replacement hinge, but they say they are backlogged because of COVID-19.
 
 
#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 38,503
Politics: Liberal
Contact:

PPE Mask
sootedupCyndi » 06 Aug 2020, 12:22 pm » wrote:
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 12:16 pm » wrote: You have a chainsaw?
I'm a little envious.
         
I love power tools.
My whole family was in construction, so when I was a kid I would sneak into the tool shed and play with the power tools.
I'm lucky I still have all ten of my fingers.
 
#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

User avatar
Isabel

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,646

Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 12:31 pm » wrote:
The freezer on our fridge was too small to hold much, so we bought a little chest freezer to put in our Mud/Laundry room.
Best thing we ever did.
Saves us trips to the Supermarket, which is good right now.

And BTW, one of the hinges on the door to that freezer is also broken.
I have been emailing the company for two months to get a replacement hinge, but they say they are backlogged because of COVID-19.
I got a chest freezer a few years ago - same thing.  Although I checked it this spring to clean it out and found three turkeys from those supermarket giveaways that I had never cooked.
So it's turkey-a-rama at my house right now.  LOL.

Luckily I figured out a turkey salad recipe that I could eat three meals a day.
 
 

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 10,917
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 12:36 pm » wrote: I love power tools.
My whole family was in construction, so when I was a kid I would sneak into the tool shed and play with the power tools.
I'm lucky I still have all ten of my fingers.
I love my bandsaw.  luv the smell of sawing wood. Lucky I still have my fingers too.  and my huge staple gun, and last but not least. DUCKTAPE!  

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 38,503
Politics: Liberal
Contact:

PPE Mask
Isabel » 06 Aug 2020, 12:37 pm » wrote:
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 12:31 pm » wrote: The freezer on our fridge was too small to hold much, so we bought a little chest freezer to put in our Mud/Laundry room.
Best thing we ever did.
Saves us trips to the Supermarket, which is good right now.

And BTW, one of the hinges on the door to that freezer is also broken.
I have been emailing the company for two months to get a replacement hinge, but they say they are backlogged because of COVID-19.
I got a chest freezer a few years ago - same thing.  Although I checked it this spring to clean it out and found three turkeys from those supermarket giveaways that I had never cooked.
So it's turkey-a-rama at my house right now.  LOL.

Luckily I figured out a turkey salad recipe that I could eat three meals a day.
It's a Turkeypalooza!
 
 
#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 38,503
Politics: Liberal
Contact:

PPE Mask
sootedupCyndi » 06 Aug 2020, 12:39 pm » wrote:
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 12:36 pm » wrote: I love power tools.
My whole family was in construction, so when I was a kid I would sneak into the tool shed and play with the power tools.
I'm lucky I still have all ten of my fingers.
I love my bandsaw.  luv the smell of sawing wood. Lucky I still have my fingers too.  and my huge staple gun, and last but not least. DUCKTAPE!
I actually think I might be allergic to sawdust.
Whenever I'm around it I get a weird tickle in my throat.

My dream in life was to be a carpenter.
Sadly it did not come true.
 
#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 10,917
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 1:07 pm » wrote: I actually think I might be allergic to sawdust.
Whenever I'm around it I get a weird tickle in my throat.

My dream in life was to be a carpenter.
Sadly it did not come true.
Mine is upstairs. I'm afraid to put it down in the basement. Because our basement floods in the spring.. all maine houses do that.  I don't want the blade to rust. What a mess it makes. Sawdust everywhere. Gees-us. so go be a grease monkey instead?  ?

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,962
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 10:53 am » wrote: No. I don't have the space for a side by side.
We bought an 18 cubic foot top freezer fridge.
It goes under a cabinet and we could not go over 66 inches in height.
The fridge we got is 65 and 3/8 inches in height.
Just made it.


Old school. My opinion? Beats a side by side. More useful. The problem with a side by side is that it has frozen goods - **** you might go into once per day - occupying the critical area between your belly button and your shoulders. It's ergonomically inefficient.

I won't have a side by side in my camp.
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 38,503
Politics: Liberal
Contact:

PPE Mask
sootedupCyndi » 06 Aug 2020, 1:12 pm » wrote:
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 1:07 pm » wrote: I actually think I might be allergic to sawdust.
Whenever I'm around it I get a weird tickle in my throat.

My dream in life was to be a carpenter.
Sadly it did not come true.
Mine is upstairs. I'm afraid to put it down in the basement. Because our basement floods in the spring.. all maine houses do that.  I don't want the blade to rust. What a mess it makes. Sawdust everywhere. Gees-us. so go be a grease monkey instead?  ?
A grease monkey?
No thanks.
 
I actually started out as a hairdresser, but allergies doomed that career as well.
But lucky for my husband, I have been cutting his beautiful silver locks through the shutdown, so he hasn't missed a haircut.
 
#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 38,503
Politics: Liberal
Contact:

PPE Mask
Cannonpointer » 06 Aug 2020, 1:13 pm » wrote:
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 10:53 am » wrote: No. I don't have the space for a side by side.
We bought an 18 cubic foot top freezer fridge.
It goes under a cabinet and we could not go over 66 inches in height.
The fridge we got is 65 and 3/8 inches in height.
Just made it.

Old school. My opinion? Beats a side by side. More useful. The problem with a side by side is that it has frozen goods - **** you might go into once per day - occupying the critical area between your belly button and your shoulders. It's ergonomically inefficient.

I won't have a side by side in my camp.
The freezer is small, but we have a chest freezer in the Laundry/Mud room, so it's all good.
 
#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,962
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 1:21 pm » wrote: The freezer is small, but we have a chest freezer in the Laundry/Mud room, so it's all good.
Perhaps you should have a second fridge back there. Where the hell do you people keep your beer?  
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 10,917
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 1:19 pm » wrote: A grease monkey?
No thanks.
 
I actually started out as a hairdresser, but allergies doomed that career as well.
But lucky for my husband, I have been cutting his beautiful silver locks through the shutdown, so he hasn't missed a haircut.
whah ha ha… I do that? I cut hair. How about this one.. I can make a false tooth for the guys.. just one!       

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 38,503
Politics: Liberal
Contact:

PPE Mask
Cannonpointer » 06 Aug 2020, 1:22 pm » wrote:
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 1:21 pm » wrote: The freezer is small, but we have a chest freezer in the Laundry/Mud room, so it's all good.
Perhaps you should have a second fridge back there. Where the hell do you people keep your beer?
We don't drink beer, or wine, or hard liquor.
But I keep thinking this might be a good time to start.
 
 
#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

User avatar
Misty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 38,503
Politics: Liberal
Contact:

PPE Mask
sootedupCyndi » 06 Aug 2020, 1:23 pm » wrote:
Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 1:19 pm » wrote: A grease monkey?
No thanks.
 
I actually started out as a hairdresser, but allergies doomed that career as well.
But lucky for my husband, I have been cutting his beautiful silver locks through the shutdown, so he hasn't missed a haircut.
whah ha ha… I do that? I cut hair. How about this one.. I can make a false tooth for the guys.. just one!    
Okay Cyndi, now that might be a tad bit weird.
 
 
#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

User avatar
nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 31,736
Politics: Independent

sootedupCyndi » 06 Aug 2020, 3:58 am » wrote: I bought a new frig. It had to be small  to fit in a tight space. Had it  a couple of weeks.  I don't like it all.(GE) Needs a few more racks inside. My chauffeur drops me off at my alt docs.. I said run up to where we bought the frig and tell them its missing some racks.. No he finds out. They aren't missing. You have to buy them separately. Gees-us. Frig cost me enough. 
RACKS? Hmmmmmmm. Interesting!

I picked up this gurl on the Highway, this you! She says she makes samicheses!


 
 

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people






User avatar
Isabel

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,646

Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 12:36 pm » wrote: I love power tools.
My whole family was in construction, so when I was a kid I would sneak into the tool shed and play with the power tools.
I'm lucky I still have all ten of my fingers.
LOL.

Me, too - no family business, but I loved building things.
My dad was NOT handy. We had a hammer and a band saw and a few screwdrivers.  LOLOL.
 

User avatar
Isabel

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,646

Misty » 06 Aug 2020, 1:04 pm » wrote: It's a Turkeypalooza!
LOLZ.
Exactly.

I know posting recipes is dorky, but here it is. I also love the guilty mayonnaise salads, but this one has almost none and I love it.

3/4 pound cooked turkey meat
2 stalks celery
2 green onions (or 2 T. yellow onion, VERY finely minced)
1/2 red bell pepper
​​​​​​​3 tablespoons mayonnaise​​​​​​
2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
​​​​​​​1 tablespoon cider vinegar
​​​​​​​1 teaspoon white sugar
​​​​​​​1/4 teaspoon salt

Chop cooked turkey meat, celery, onions and red bell pepper.
Mix in the rest. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, before serving. (if you have more willpower than i do)
 
 
 

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 309 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads