If the poor are so hungry why are they so fat?

Started by TheNightStalker

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

PreviousNext
78 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.77

Thrash-Ra » 09 Jan 2014 2:37 pm wrote:
Never bought it myself. Look around for deals on meat and veggies. Don't one stop shop. I coupon like a motherfucker also. If you expend the time to actually SHOP instead of just throw whatever you want into the cart, you'll come out on top. I bought almost three weeks' worth of groceries for a little over $100 last week. Shop at the ethnic stores, too.

What are your sources for coupons?

Posted by Cedar
  8,548 09 Jan 2014, 3:42 pm

Cedar Sideways Down an Old Dirt Road
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister

Classical Liberal Classical Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Classical Liberal
Money: 8,547.72

golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 2:41 pm wrote:

Sunday paper is full of them around here, store flyers too.

Posted by Annoyed Liberall
  9,629 09 Jan 2014, 3:45 pm

Annoyed Liberall User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Liberal Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Liberal
Money: 9,629.10

there are a lot of online sites too where you can print off coupons.

TheNightStalker's Photo
Posted by TheNightStalker
  120 09 Jan 2014, 3:48 pm

Libertarian Libertarian political affiliation
Politics: Libertarian
Money: 120.00

If there were actually starving black kids in the US their pictures would be plastered all over the news 24/7. And blaming white people of course.

Posted by Thrash-Ra
  326 09 Jan 2014, 3:51 pm

Thrash-Ra User avatar
Gun Moll and Tot Wrangler

Money: 326.17

golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 2:41 pm wrote:

Sunday paper, online sites, coupon books I've gotten as gifts from little old ladies. Also I get them through my email.

Posted by Hannibal
  29 09 Jan 2014, 3:56 pm

Hannibal User avatar
Telephone Bossman

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 28.92

TheNightStalker » 08 Jan 2014 7:20 pm wrote:
I see these fat fucks waddling around the grocery store with their fat fucking kids and paying for it with an EBT card. So why are libs always crying about poverty and kids going hungry? What BULLSHIT. Fucken liars.

Mcdonalds is cheap and there is one on every corner. Healthy food is expensive and miles apart, but you know this, what kinda of point are you really trying to make ? Are you baggin' on the fast food industry ? :huh:

TheNightStalker » 09 Jan 2014 2:48 pm wrote:
If there were actually starving black kids in the US their pictures would be plastered all over the news 24/7. And blaming white people of course.

Are you asserting that being fat is a sign of proper nutrition or eating well ? Are you saying that being overweight is some sort of privilege ? :huh:
Last edited by Hannibal on 09 Jan 2014, 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted by Annoyed Liberall
  9,629 09 Jan 2014, 3:58 pm

Annoyed Liberall User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Money: 9,629.10

Just think of who is really benefiting from the food stamp program. Here's a clue, it ain't the recipients.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 4:18 pm

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.77

Annoyed Liberall » 09 Jan 2014 2:58 pm wrote:
Just think of who is really benefiting from the food stamp program. Here's a clue, it ain't the recipients.

That's the truth, it's nothing but another government handout to big business.
I'll never understand why people support programs that directly benefit people they abhor.

Posted by danobivins
  15,891 09 Jan 2014, 4:58 pm

danobivins User avatar

Money: 15,891.26

If the rich are so rich, why are they so fucking skinny?

Any time now NS, I'm gonna gut you like a rabbit ....

Posted by Misty
  25,272 09 Jan 2014, 5:25 pm

Misty Nevertheless, she persisted.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Money: 25,272.09

Because unhealthy foods are full of chemicals, which are much cheaper than real food.

I see these fat fucks waddling around the grocery store with their fat fucking kids and paying for it with an EBT card. So why are libs always crying about poverty and kids going hungry? What BULLSHIT. Fucken liars.

I'm always amazed at how all you right wingers are so nosy that you need to look over someone's shoulder to see how people are paying for their groceries.
When I go food shopping, I mind my own business.

TheNightStalker's Photo
  120 09 Jan 2014, 5:46 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 2:56 pm wrote:

Mcdonalds is cheap and there is one on every corner. Healthy food is expensive and miles apart, but you know this, what kinda of point are you really trying to make ? Are you baggin' on the fast food industry ? :huh:

TheNightStalker » 09 Jan 2014 2:48 pm wrote:

Are you asserting that being fat is a sign of proper nutrition or eating well ? Are you saying that being overweight is some sort of privilege ? :huh:

Hannibal and Momma Jones taking a ride.

TheNightStalker's Photo
  120 09 Jan 2014, 5:50 pm

Misty » 09 Jan 2014 4:25 pm wrote:

Because unhealthy foods are full of chemicals, which are much cheaper than real food.

I'm always amazed at how all you right wingers are so nosy that you need to look over someone's shoulder to see how people are paying for their groceries.

C'mon, frozen veggies, Chicken, rice etc are all dirt cheap. They just don't care. My grocery bill is much higher when I shop hungry and buy a bunch of garbage.

Posted by Nubber
  1,191 09 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm

Nubber User avatar
Fluffy Bunny O.G.!
Fluffy Bunny O.G.!

Anarchist Anarchist political affiliation
Politics: Anarchist
Money: 1,190.59

TheNightStalker » 09 Jan 2014 4:50 pm wrote:

C'mon, frozen veggies, Chicken, rice etc are all dirt cheap. They just don't care. My grocery bill is much higher when I shop hungry and buy a bunch of garbage.

Seriously, never grocery shop when you are hungry. It is bad news.

Posted by bingster
  10,948 09 Jan 2014, 7:00 pm

bingster User avatar

Democratic Democratic political affiliation
Politics: Democratic
Money: 10,948.27

golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 8:50 am wrote:
"Bad" foods and "good" foods exist in EVERY store in EVERY neighborhood.
These people eat the "Bad" foods because they are too lazy to expend the effort to actually cook a healthy meal.

Are you really this ill-informed? Good foods don't exist in every store in every neighborhood. There are many cities considered "food deserts" because they don't have grocery stores at all, just fast foods and liquor stores. Also, due to government subsidies on corn and sugar, the "bad foods" are cheaper than the good foods.

I've often said that govenment subsidies on sugar, corn, and tobacco should all be shifted to the rest of Agra. Make a cantalope as cheap as processed foods and people will slim down and be more healthy.
Last edited by bingster on 09 Jan 2014, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheNightStalker's Photo
  120 09 Jan 2014, 7:00 pm

Nubber » 09 Jan 2014 5:52 pm wrote:
TheNightStalker » 09 Jan 2014 4:50 pm wrote:

Seriously, never grocery shop when you are hungry. It is bad news.

Or when you're high. When I'd smoke and hit grocery store, man what a disaster.

GOP SS's Photo
Posted by GOP SS
  781 09 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm

GOP SS    

Money: 781.26

I've noticed something like that at my rental, I wouldn't say the renters are dirt welfare poor but more like a paycheck to paycheck family with maybe some savings; it's not the fat issue it's they have these mega huge 5-6 ft flat screens with expensive sound surround systems and a very expensive stereo system as well as other gaming and techno gadgets..when they complain about this or that price/affordability, late rent.... I bring up they should probably cancel cable and maybe sell the screen.....it usually works to shut them up for awhile...

Posted by KarlChilders
  2,408 09 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm

KarlChilders User avatar

Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Money: 2,407.65

You tell em Misty what a bunch of CRY BABIES[

*]
Misty » 09 Jan 2014 4:25 pm wrote:
[/b]

Posted by Cedar
  8,548 09 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm

Cedar Sideways Down an Old Dirt Road

Classical Liberal Classical Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Classical Liberal
Money: 8,547.72

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 6:00 pm wrote:

Are you really this ill-informed? Good foods don't exist in every store in every neighborhood. There are many cities considered "food deserts" because they don't have grocery stores at all, just fast foods and liquor stores. Also, due to government subsidies on corn and sugar, the "bad foods" are cheaper than the good foods.

They're food deserts because stores move out of neighborhood where they always get robbed. So your contention is that people from these hoods don't shop for groceries?

Posted by bingster
  10,948 09 Jan 2014, 7:09 pm

bingster User avatar

Democratic Democratic political affiliation
Politics: Democratic
Money: 10,948.27

Cedarswamp » 09 Jan 2014 6:04 pm wrote:

They're food deserts because stores move out of neighborhood where they always get robbed. So your contention is that people from these hoods don't shop for groceries?

If you're poor and the grocery store is not in your neighborhood, yes, they don't shop. Also, like I said, good food is more expensive. Try to make a decent meal with $1.40 sometime. You'll end up with junk. What's a mellon, $5? Think about it, only starches are cheap in a market e.g. rice, potoatoes, bread, etc.. Starch=sugar=fat.

TheNightStalker's Photo
  120 09 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 6:00 pm wrote:
golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 8:50 am wrote:
"Bad" foods and "good" foods exist in EVERY store in EVERY neighborhood.
These people eat the "Bad" foods because they are too lazy to expend the effort to actually cook a healthy meal.

I've often said that govenment subsidies on sugar, corn, and tobacco should all be shifted to the rest of Agra. Make a cantalope as cheap as processed foods and people will slim down and be more healthy.

Why are there so many liquor stores when you libs say minorities don't have IDs?

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum