Chris Christies Press Conference Claims Don't Add Up

Started by skews13

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

163 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 4:04 pm

Huey Proud Reinstated Member of the Misty Ignore List

Liberacon Liberacon political affiliation
Politics: Liberacon
Money: 12,760.31

He should receive the same treatment that you have given Obama/Clinton on Benghazi.

Fair enough?

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm

skews13 » 09 Jan 2014 3:13 pm wrote:

Hell no. Benghazi is trumped up bullshit that has been totally debunked as the bullshit that it is.

This is a real scandal, with real evidence, pointing to real players, that committed real crimes.

Now you rightwards are dragging the four dead in Benghazi through the mud again as a counter argument to this scandal?

Do you people have any sense of shame? Because apparently you have no sense of moral integrity.

Sense of shame? For what? I am leaning towards Christie being involved in a cover up. I should be ashamed for that? Who knew.

Thanks for clearing that up. But you are so easy to set up and knock down. Thanks for the laughs.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 4:33 pm

Misty » 09 Jan 2014 3:32 pm wrote:
It is illegal for public assets to be used for a political purpose.
The executive director of the Port Authority said violations of not only state but federal law have occurred.

Really? Did you really post that? I mean we all know that but did you really just say that? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 4:51 pm

Truthwarrior757 » 09 Jan 2014 3:49 pm wrote:
This has to be the biggest fking joke of all time, a new low for the media......................ARE YOU FKING KIDDING ME?

They gotta do something, Christie and Hilary are neck and neck in some polls. They gotta nip this shit in the bud.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm

Truthwarrior757 » 09 Jan 2014 3:54 pm wrote:
Here we have in front of us exactly what our forefathers warned of, a communist usurper and the biggest criminal of all time and the COMMUNIST COCKROACH MEDIA is focused on a FKING BRIDGE!

IS THE THIS WHOLE FKING OUNTRY ON ACID OR SOMETHING? IS THIS SHIT REAL? IS IT A FKING ILLUSION? A TRANCE? WTF IS GOING ON HERE

The country has been on acid since 2003. Sometime in April.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 5:05 pm

Endoscopy » 09 Jan 2014 4:02 pm wrote:
:rofl: :die: :die: :die: :rofl:

you are indicting Obama with that statement. He uses the federal agencies to attack Republicans and Tea party people. But you progressives keep your head in the sand over that.

For example Gibson Guitar was descended upon by many gun toting government enforcers and the company shut down. They were charged with using a special wood from India they were not supposed to use. The government thugs ignored the documentation that they had gotten the needed permission from both the Indian and US government agencies to use this wood in making their top line of guitars. They forced Gibson to have that part manufactured in India even though they ignored the guitar manufacturer across town that used the exact same wood. The difference is that Gibson has Republicans in ownership and the other company has Democrats.

This is just one of many examples of misuse of power in the Obama administration.

That's ok. Obama said he was unaware of the strong arm tactics and was as pissed as the rest of us,

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 5:12 pm

Endoscopy » 09 Jan 2014 4:09 pm wrote:
:die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
skews is at it again with is hysterical idiocy. He ignores all of the scandals in the Obama administration and attacks a Republican before all of the information has come out. Obama imitates Sgt. Shultz and promises to investigate it and then silence or in the case of Holder getting into trouble with Fast and Furious he puts it under executive privilege. I wonder if skews understands the Sgt. Shultz mention. LOL

How many people have to die to make a real scandal?????

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought skews was Sgt Schultz. He knows nothing, right?

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 5:14 pm

skews13 » 09 Jan 2014 4:13 pm wrote:

Yep, the bridge is a connector between two states, which means interstate commerce. The real crimes to me though is the delay of emergency response vehicles, and putting children on school buses in harms way. These are not petty instances of finger pointing.

I am sure Holder will be all over it and then the truth will come out.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 4:35 pm wrote:

Correct!

Politically, Christie has another problem in that he exhibited absolutely no concern for this matter at all, having - long and hard - belittled the matter. Instead he bleated about how his staff lied to him. That was what he was so upset about. Given the OP plus what the press is calling his "me-me-me-mea-culpa," his press will be highly unfavorable for months, and you can bet your pinkie that Paul, Rubio, Santorum, Cruz and the rest will skewer Christie with this till the nomination is past or till Christie drops out.

I asked the question on the other thread. Could you explain exactly how this punishes the mayor of a city? The PA OF NJ Makes the decision. What is the political payoff?

I also bet that this will die out. Immigration will be the hot button topic shortly and of course a return to the ACA with the midterms around the corner.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 4:46 pm wrote:

Saw your post and agree, also commented. I don't get it -- maybe his staff or his political appointees can explain it. But, the fact that they wanted to punish the mayor is pretty obvious.

Bridgegate will follow Christie for the rest of his carreer.

It probably will. That really isn't the question. The question is how much will it hurt him. If Obama and Hilary are not suffering from some of the doozies they lived thru it is possible Christie will survive as well. But then again that depends on the press, doesn't it?

Posted by Huey
  12,760 09 Jan 2014, 6:45 pm

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 4:56 pm wrote:

It depends on a lot of things. You assume too much right-wing commentary is true with respect to Obama and Clinton. Watch more varied sources. Christie's problem is that the fact that his office did this is now indisputable - making it an ACTUAL scandal, rather than wishful thinking.

I think Christie will survive as governor, but parts of NJ press are already pressuring him to resign. Predictably, Christie scoffs in a manner similar to when the Bridgegate story first broke.

YOU assume too much. You assume where I get my news. In also agree with on Christie but I beg to differ on the "wishful" thinking" bit.

And of course they are pressuring him to resign. Regardless of his party NJ is a democrat state. I will wait until more is presented before I am condemn him. It doesn't make sense.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 10 Jan 2014, 8:01 am

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 7:45 pm wrote:

Actually, Bingster is correct. Both sides were targeted. There is no scandal there - only wishful thinking.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/18/politics/irs-scandal/

I'm confused. You claim there is no scandal. Yet the Justice department just named someone to head the investigation.

Odd. Doncha ya think? Did they consult you and bingster prior to this action so they would know there was no scandal?

Posted by Huey
  12,760 10 Jan 2014, 8:49 am

Skeptic » 10 Jan 2014 7:46 am wrote:

Already said the IRS needs new policies. But, scandal?? BOTH SIDES WERE TARGETED, so where's the scandal?

Don't tell me. Tell the Justice Department who appointed the investigation team. AFTER the investigation you can lecture me on "policies" all you want.

For one who has the screen name "skeptic" you sure don't quesiton much, do you? I think I will wait to see how this plays out.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 10 Jan 2014, 9:19 am

Skeptic » 10 Jan 2014 7:55 am wrote:

1) Investigating Obama? LOL

2) I'm very skeptical of corporate media bilge pumps, like FOX. You?

Waiting is preferable to buying every single story con propagandists peddle.

I didn't mention Obama's name. Who said investigate Obama? I am simply telling YOU to take your gripes and concerns to the Justice Department. YOU tell THEM that these are not scandals. Make shit up much?

I don't watch FOX. I don't watch MSNBC. I don't watch ANY televised news channels.

Again, I will await the results of the Justice Department investigation, thank you.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 10 Jan 2014, 11:25 am

Skeptic » 10 Jan 2014 10:20 am wrote:

The IRS is a government agency who works for the American People. It is not his personal collection agency, nitwit.

Now, what ties Obama or his staff to this pseudo-scandal, lemming?

The IRS is a departement of the Federal Government that falls under the control of the Executive Branch. The President is the Chief Executive of the executive branch. He is responsible for the agencies that are part of the executive branch. They answer to him. The holder of the office of the President works for the American people and is entrusted with ensuring legal and efficient operation of those departments.

You should really be careful how you use the term lemming and nitwit.

Just sayin'.....

Posted by Huey
  12,760 10 Jan 2014, 12:51 pm

Skeptic » 10 Jan 2014 10:30 am wrote:

None of what you say connects Obama or his staff to any of the behavior of the IRS. For it to be an actual scandal involving Obama, you would have to do that.

The lemming, goofboy, is enough of a nitwit to believe anything wrong with the government is Obama's fault - even if the fault was set up by his predecessor. Hopefully, you have more sense.

1. I was simply pointing out your error concerning the IRS and who they work for AND who is ultimately responsible.

2. Obama is ultimately responsible for what occurs within those departments. Just as a governor is responsible for his state.

3. I have consistenlty stated and implied there is enough evidence for the justice department is appointing a special investigor. Contrary to claims of a faux scandal there is enough there to investigate. And you as a "skeptic" should at least acknowledge that instead of promoting the party line. I will wait before making any assumptions. I have not attempted to tie obama to the scandal. That is a figment of your imagination.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 10 Jan 2014, 4:13 pm

We may have to go back to .org to get away from the misty/Clem troll fest.

Posted by Huey
  12,760 10 Jan 2014, 4:17 pm

contracoup » 10 Jan 2014 3:14 pm wrote:

NONE were denied (according to your own "source"), you fucking retard.

cc

No, they weren't. You ok with the delays? In some cases until AFTER the election? Or to the point it took so long that they withdrew?

Or is that a faux scandal?

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum