Feds pick Obama Supporter for IRS Scandal Investigation

Started by golfboy

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

29 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 1:32 pm

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.97

LOL. Hey, let's appoint a obama donor to investigate Obama. More of the most transparently corrupt administration ever.
You just can't make this crap up.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/8/feds-pick-obama-supporter-lead-irs-tea-party-probe/

The Justice Department selected an avowed political supporter of President Obama to lead the criminal probe into the
IRS targeting of tea party groups, according to top Republicans who said Wednesday that the move has ruined the entire investigation.

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell E. Issa, California Republican, and regulatory affairs subcommittee Chairman Jim Jordan, Ohio Republican, said they have discovered that the head of the investigation is Barbara Kay Bosserman, a trial lawyer in the Justice Department who donated more than $6,000 to Mr. Obama’s 2008 and 2012 campaigns, as well as several hundred dollars to the national Democratic Party.

“The department has created a startling conflict of interest,” Mr. Issa and Mr. Jordan said in a letter sent Wednesday and reviewed by The Washington Times. “It is unbelievable that the department would choose such an individual to examine the federal government’s systematic targeting and harassment of organizations opposed to the president’s policies.”

The Internal Revenue Service’s internal auditor revealed in May that the agency had been inappropriately targeting and blocking applications for tax-exempt status from tea party and conservative-leaning groups. In the immediate aftermath, Mr. Obama promised that the FBI and the Justice Department would investigate whether the IRS broke any laws.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 2:10 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 12:42 pm wrote:

If Clem can cite source FROM the Bush administration regarding the Bush administrations Conduct or Guilt Stating;

Whats good for you guys ought to be good enough for the other side right ?

Here Let me help you understand your guy's hypocrisy.....

See !? :rofl:

Can you explain you someone who works for Heritage, who used to work for Reagan or Cheney, has ANY relevance to an Obamatron being hired to investigate Obama?
The quote you claim is hypocritical wasn't talking about a Reagan/Cheney supporter investigating Reagan/Cheney or Bush.

So you approve of the Justice Department hiring an Obama donor to investigate the IRS scandal.
Astounding.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 2:20 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 1:19 pm wrote:

You spoke to soon dummy. He will lie, just like your side does. [u]THE GOVERNMENT LIES. Your so fucking stupid its almost partisan....[/u] ;)

Aren't you the guy who's always decrying ad hominem attacks?
And you dare call someone else hypocritical. Wow.
Last edited by golfboy on 09 Jan 2014, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 2:21 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 1:16 pm wrote:
Ok, let me get this straight, Former bush administration officials WITHOUT A DOUBT can be trusted to report on themselves truthfully and with no bias regarding Two questionable wars however a donor to Obama's administration cannot investigate an action taken by the IRS without AUTOMATICALLY LYING to protect his favored party. Really ? I say BOTH SIDES LIE TO PROTECT THEIR PARTY. That's right, He will lie, just as all those right wing sources did about Cheney, Bush and the Iraq war. Partisan fag fest in this thread.

One one half of the government lies to protect itself....... right. :clap: :rofl:

Again, no one appointed a former bush administration official to investigate the bush administration.
Do you really not get this? Your attempt to draw a moral equivalency has failed. Sorry.
Last edited by golfboy on 09 Jan 2014, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 2:26 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 1:24 pm wrote:

They are investigating the [u]IRS[/u].
The Bush people wouldn't lie about anything regarding a war they started but "Liberals" will AUTOMATICALLY LIE ABOUT ANYTHING. Talk about false moral equivalency !? Really ? :rofl:

Who does the IRS report to, and who directs their activities?
I suggest you bone up on your facts here, because you are clearly grasping at straws to salvage your attack meme.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 2:44 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 1:37 pm wrote:

You do NOT deal in "Facts" you deal in partisan games and double standards. :ugeek:

Yea, I always hear that from people who just had their ass handed to them with facts.
BTW, why did you ignore your ad hominem attack hypocrisy, or should it be called a "double standard" now?

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 3:21 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 1:52 pm wrote:

When did this happen ? Are you day dreaming again !? :huh: You deal in partisan motivated sensationalism only. I would have a heart attack if you posted anything legitimate but I have little to fear on that front. ;)

It was in this thread when you screamed we were hypocritical, and I showed you that your claim was wrong.
No donor to President Bush was ever appointed to investigate the Administration.
You lose.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 3:26 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 2:24 pm wrote:

Nope, but THEY ARE ABOVE ANY SUSPICION OF THAT THEY WOULD EVER LIE ABOUT THEMSELVES OR THEIR CONDUCT AREN'T THEY ? Admit it. :huh:

You've had your ass handed to you, so now you want to move the goalposts.
We are talking about a legal investigation in the the conduct of this administration being done by a donor and supporter of the President.
I'm sorry you don't get it, but that's really not my cross to bear.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 3:59 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 2:54 pm wrote:

Nice try, I not moving the goal post, I am simply trying to get you to admit Both Republicans and Democrats both lie and evade to protect their own parties. You are avoiding the issue and Ill prove it right now.

Answer this simple question. Is this statement accurate ? ---> "Both Republicans and Democrats both lie and evade to protect their own parties."

I bet you would sooner saw your own pecker off with a rusted pocket knife then answer that simple question I just asked. :D

But you're wrong, as I've shown you and explained over and over.
No Bush donor was ever appointed to investigate the Bush Administration.

By screaming "republicans lie too" is irrelevant. No one is lying here, or evading anything, you're simply trying to cover for Obama.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 4:14 pm

Hannibal » 09 Jan 2014 3:07 pm wrote:
I am not wrong, I was 100% correct, I said "I bet you would sooner saw your own pecker off with a rusted pocket knife then answer that simple question I just asked. :D". Istead of answering, you deflected to something not asserted or asked In the last post. Stay with me now asshole, lets try again. Please, Answer this simple question. Is this statement accurate ? ---> "Both Republicans and Democrats both lie and evade to protect their own parties."

No deflections, no referring to other posts or threads, not BS tactics. Is that statement accurate ? Answer the question. :huh: I bet you deflect again, you are that predictable :!:

It's laughable that you attack me and accuse ME of deflection, when that's all you're doing here.
If you want to start another thread on your conspiracy theory feel free.
THIS thread is about the Department of Justice hiring an Obama crony to investigate Obama.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 4:25 pm

Worldshift » 09 Jan 2014 3:22 pm wrote:
Its a tax issue. They acted inappropriately or they didn't. Are they supposed to shop around for an anarchist to investigate? We all know a teapublican wouldn't be unbiased.

Except the targeting of specific groups is NOT a tax issue, it's a legal issue, which of course is why the Justice Department is involved.
No, they are suppose to find someone independent, however finding a TEA Party supporter or Republican would be preferable because they would actually be looking for illegal activity, not trying to cover it up.

Posted by golfboy
  48,014 09 Jan 2014, 4:52 pm

Worldshift » 09 Jan 2014 3:46 pm wrote:
Its all partisan bs. Repubs want to disqualify her because she isn't on thier team. That'd be sad if it wasn't so funny. The whole system is corrupt.

No dumbass, she has a conflict of interest because she is an Obama donor.
Do you really not understand something this basic?

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum