Trump Blames Biden, Who Isn’t President, For Not Instituting Mask Mandate

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
91 posts
Coolguy10013

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-biden-mask-mandate-abc-town-hall_n_5f617ac9c5b68d1b09c9541a?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003&guccounter=1

This guy is a complete moron!!!

Trump Blames Biden, Who Isn’t President, For Not Instituting Mask Mandate

“To be clear: I am not currently president,” Biden wrote moments later. “But if you chip in now, we can change that.”President Donald Trump moved to blame his Democratic competitor, former Vice President Joe Biden, for not instituting a national mask mandate during the coronavirus pandemic.

The claim, made at an ABC News town hall Tuesday with undecided voters in Pennsylvania, is misleading for two reasons: Biden has, in fact, urged all state governors to mandate mask-wearing to slow the spread of COVID-19. The Democratic candidate is also not the president and has no authority to mandate anything. Trump does.

Julie Bart asked the president why he hadn’t instituted a national mask mandate during the height of the pandemic and why he had largely refused to wear facial coverings even as the nation’s top medical officials urged the public to do so.

“Well, I do wear them when I have to and when I’m in hospitals and other locations,” Trump said. “But I will say this. They said at the Democrat convention they’re going to do a national mandate. They never did it, because they’ve checked out and they didn’t do it. And a good question is, you ask why Joe Biden ― they said we’re going to do a national mandate on masks.”The president went on to say “a lot of people think the masks are not good” and said health officials, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, were hesitant to push masks during the early days of the pandemic. That claim is misleading as medical officials have since learned much more about COVID-19 and the spread of infection, and as the shortage of medical-grade masks for health professionals has dissipated. Fauci has since urged for “universal wearing of masks.”

Trump maintained at Tuesday’s town hall that his administration had succeeded in tackling the coronavirus pandemic, saying he didn’t think he could have done more to prevent the virus that has killed nearly 200,000 people and infected more than 6.6 million in the U.S.

“Could you have done more to stop it?” ABC News host George Stephanopoulos asked.“I don’t think so,” Trump replied. “I think what I did by closing up the country, I think I saved two, maybe two and a half, maybe more than that lives. I really don’t think so. I think we did a very good job.”Addressing claims made to journalist Bob Woodward earlier this year that he had actively downplayed the threat of the coronavirus despite knowing how dangerous it was, Trump said he didn’t do that and, in fact, had cast the virus as more serious.

“I didn’t downplay it,” Trump said during the town hall. “I actually, in many ways, I up-played it, in terms of action. My action was very strong.”Despite those assertions, the president stood by false claims that COVID-19 would merely go away.“It is going to disappear. It’s going to disappear, I still say it,” Trump said. “We’re not going to have studios like this, where you have all of this empty space in between. I want to see people, and you want to see people. I want to see football games. I’m pushing very hard for Big Ten, I want to see Big Ten open ― let the football games ― let them play sports.

When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

Stephen Hawking said 'people who boast about their IQ are losers'

Anti-republiKlan

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

‘Does he even understand what a fact is?’ Bob Woodward questions Trump’s perception of reality

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Anti-republiKlan » 16 Sep 2020, 9:15 am » wrote: ‘Does he even understand what a fact is?’ Bob Woodward questions Trump’s perception of reality
Over and over, Trump plasters his pathological insecurity on marquee display. “I don’t think Obama’s smart,” he says, adding, “Hey look, I went to the best schools, I did great. … You know, they talk about the elite … they have nice houses. No, I have much better than them, I have better everything than them, including education.” His uncle, as he has said many times, was a brilliant MIT professor who knew about nuclear weapons—“so I understand that stuff,” the president says. “You know, genetically.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... eview.html

Clinically Sub-Normal.
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Anti-republiKlan

Share      Unread post

“Hey look, I went to the best schools, I did great"

then WHY did you make Cohen call Wharten to tell them to hide his grades and records????

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

Blackvegetable » 16 Sep 2020, 9:21 am » wrote: My lie was exposed by Vegas yesterday...but because I am a predictable coward, I'll pretend that it never happened by simply evading through any meaningless question.
Well, at least you admit it ^^^ Go on...let's hear your meaningless question to deflect.

So where's the thread? We both knew you fabricated the whole thing liar...

Prediction: You will project...then ask a meaningless question.
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.

Coolguy10013

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Anti-republiKlan » 16 Sep 2020, 9:23 am » wrote: “Hey look, I went to the best schools, I did great"

then WHY did you make Cohen call Wharten to tell them to hide his grades and records????

Exactly!!

Oh yeah! And why can't we see those tax returns?  

When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

Stephen Hawking said 'people who boast about their IQ are losers'

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Vegas » 16 Sep 2020, 9:29 am » wrote: Well, at least you admit it ^^^ Go on...let's hear your meaningless question to deflect.

You were asked what is in it for me...

As is your practice, you turtled up..

If I pull up the thread, and your post was accurately reproduced, you donate 100 dollars to this site, post a public apology for your behavior including your pledge not to post another lie, ever.

Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Anti-republiKlan

Share      Unread post

""and I'll show my Tax Returns right after the Election""

Michael Cohen reveals Trump’s ‘biggest fear’ about having his tax returns released in CNN interview

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/michae ... interview/

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 16 Sep 2020, 9:35 am » wrote: You were asked what is in it for me...

As is your practice, you turtled up..

If I pull up the thread, and your post was accurately reproduced, you donate 100 dollars to this site, post a public apology for your behavior including your pledge not to post another lie, ever.
Read all of this in its entirety:

No,...it was your lie. Don't turn this around on me...oh wait, you are a coward, you have to.

Produce it, you make the public apology...then kill yourself..

It's about your reputation, not mine. You are the one with something to lose here, not me. Either way, I turn up clean. 

omh

Share      Unread post

timing. Seems I remember Biden telling everyone after Trump stop travel from china and europe he was being a bigot, racist, overreacting. Now you play this bait and switch mantra?

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Vegas » 16 Sep 2020, 9:38 am » wrote: Read all of this in its entirety:

No,...it was your lie. Don't turn this around on me...oh wait, you are a coward, you have to.

Produce it, you make the public apology...then kill yourself..

It's about your reputation, not mine. You are the one with something to lose here, not me. Either way, I turn up clean.
Ok...done...

Now do we have a deal?

Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
omh » 16 Sep 2020, 9:39 am » wrote: timing. Seems I remember Biden telling everyone after Trump stop travel from china and europe he was being a bigot, racist, overreacting. Now you play this bait and switch mantra?
Everyone needs to answer to your recall?
Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 16 Sep 2020, 9:39 am » wrote: Ok...done...

Now do we have a deal?
Reads this in its entirety:

What part of no don't you get? This is about your reputation. I am come up clean either way. You don't. The spotlight is on you narcissists boy. Produce it.

Prediction: You wont produce it, and continue to bluff. 

Isabel

Share      Unread post

Vegas » 16 Sep 2020, 9:29 am » wrote: Well, at least you admit it ^^^ Go on...let's hear your meaningless question to deflect.
ROTFL.
So, you shriek and  squeal "Liar! You're a LIAR!  I caught you LYING!":

in a post where you inserted your own words in his quote box in order to LIE about what he said.

What a brainless **** clown you are.

Last edited by Isabel on 16 Sep 2020, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Isabel » 16 Sep 2020, 9:44 am » wrote: ROTFL.
So, you shriek and  squeal "Liar! You're LIAR!  i caught you LYING!":

in a post where you inserted your own words in his quote box in order to LIE about what he said.

What a brainless **** clown you are.

Prove your claim that I lied.

no evidence
no evidence
no evidence

Vegas

Share      Unread post

@Blackvegetable  LOL! Now I know you are bluffing. 
@Isabel  has come to try and rescue you...Phelix and Ricktard will be hear shortly. 

omh

Share      Unread post

Vegas » 16 Sep 2020, 9:46 am » wrote: @Blackvegetable  LOL! Now I know you are bluffing. 
@Isabel  has come to try and rescue you...Phelix and Ricktard will be hear shortly.
dominoes are tumbling.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

omh » 16 Sep 2020, 9:47 am » wrote: dominoes are tumbling.
LOL! He is sweating. He is trying to think of a way to turn this on me. 

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Vegas » 16 Sep 2020, 9:44 am » wrote: Reads this in its entirety:

What part of no don't you get? This is about your reputation. I am come up clean either way. You don't. The spotlight is on you narcissists boy. Produce it.

Prediction: You wont produce it, and continue to bluff.
No...my reputation doesn't need your validation. It wouldn't be accretive.

You're a liar and an imbecile.

Do we have a deal?

Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
omh » 16 Sep 2020, 9:47 am » wrote: dominoes are tumbling.
Stick around, Geezer...you can chip in to his contribution.
Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.