Talk about anything but politics in this room.
supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

I pick Starz's Spartacus.  We watched it years ago, & the detail as to Rome in that era was incredible & so much reminded me of the decadence of it that I remembered reading about in school. But an extremely close second for me would be the History Channel's Vikings, again so many of the events I remember from school, like their hauling their boats over the steep land with block & tackle to attack Paris. It's a shame our awards shows are so rigged that neither of these shows were ever even mentioned in the Golden Globes or Emmys. Travis Fimmel, who played Ragnar Lothbrok, was incredible in the role, & it was a shame that he was totally ignored for Best Actor in a TV series. So much time on our hands with this lockdown; it is good that there are so many good shows to watch, like The Spanish Princess on Starz, & the 3 related to it before it.
Last edited by supraTruth on 20 Jun 2021, 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
supraTruth » 01 Feb 2021, 1:50 am » wrote: I pick Starz's Spartacus.  We watched it years ago, & the detail as to Rome in that era was incredible & so much reminded me of the decadence of it that I remembered reading about in school. But an extremely close second for me would be the History Channel's Vikings, again so many of the events I remember from school, like their hauling their boats over the steep land with block & tackle to attack Paris. It's a shame our awards shows are so rigged that neither of these shows were ever even mentioned in the Golden Globes or Emmys. Travis Fimmel, who played Ragnar Lothbrok, was incredible in the role, & it was a shame that he was totally ignored for Best Actor in a TV series. So much time on our hands with this lockdown, it is good there are so many good shows to watch, like The Spanish Princess on Starz, & the 3 related to it before it.
I don't watch much Tv. But I liked the series on Einstein. On the history channel.
I may have seen some of the Vikings.. liked it, then lost track of it. :wave:  couldn't find it again.

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 01 Feb 2021, 4:43 am » wrote: I don't watch much Tv. But I liked the series on Einstein. On the history channel.
I may have seen some of the Vikings.. liked it, then lost track of it. Image  couldn't find it again.
NETFLIX --- All 6 seasons; No commercials.   Binge! Image  

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Narcos:  Mexico es EXCELLENENTE!
This guy was great:
 https://images.app.goo.gl/WTm1b9pGhPkv9gqi9

Last edited by supraTruth on 11 Jan 2022, 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hat_Creek

Share      Unread post

Lonesome Dove is one of the tops.

You'll agree when you achieve intellectual and emotional maturity.

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Hat_Creek » 17 Feb 2021, 4:26 am » wrote: Lonesome Dove is one of the tops.

I liked Lonesome Dove a lot. 

PXiZ1102

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Hat_Creek » 17 Feb 2021, 4:26 am » wrote: Lonesome Dove is one of the tops.

Absolutely GREAT!

When the memory of it's last viewing fades enough, I will watch it again.

Or when Tommy Lee Jones or Robert Duvall pass to the other side.

PXiZ1102

Share      Unread post

The Jefferson's vs THE KKK EPISODE
https://youtu.be/1Z-u2Hg8ffw

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Blutarski » 04 Mar 2021, 9:00 pm » wrote: The other Vikings series with Uhtred as the main character was very well done. In it's own way just as good as the Ragnar Vikings series was.
Longmire was very good.
Brockmire was very good
Breaking Bad was possibly my favorite
We liked the Uhtred 1 too, but no 1 matches Ragnar.  RAISED BY WOLVES is a space series that is almost a reincarnation of Ragnar.
Didn't like Longmire previews at the theaters a couple of years ago, but did like Yellowstone a lot.  Just waiting for next season.  
Last edited by supraTruth on 20 Jun 2021, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PXiZ1102

Share      Unread post

Blutarski » 04 Mar 2021, 8:54 pm » wrote: Out of 330 Million  living Americans 329,999,900 have never seen a KKK member in real life, doing ANY of the KKK stuff that the GLOBALIST BRAINWASHED SHEEPLE are told happen every day..
It's like someone sits at an arbiter's desk and decides how the "Woke" population is supposed to react or respond to different things and when they do, the "Woke" folks just adopt that proscribed attitude without knowing why or anything. They just follow the herd.

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

PXiZ1102 » 05 Mar 2021, 1:27 am » wrote: It's like someone sits at an arbiter's desk and decides how the "Woke" population is supposed to react or respond to different things and when they do, the "Woke" folks just adopt that proscribed attitude without knowing why or anything. They just follow the herd.
Like RNC tCON cultists, EGGZACTLY

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
supraTruth » 03 May 2021, 4:11 pm » wrote: Like RNC tCON cultists, EGGZACTLY
Supra, he left the site... just another sok. ;)  

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 03 May 2021, 5:09 pm » wrote: Supra, he left the site... just another sok. Image
Does any1 know what the letters "sok" stand for?

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Queen Of The South is also really binge worthy. 

Last edited by supraTruth on 20 Jun 2021, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
supraTruth » 03 May 2021, 5:12 pm » wrote: Does any1 know what the letters "sok" stand for?
No?  but the very first day I came here... and I posted one thing... remember Roadkill? He was very polite too.. He asked me if  I were a sok? I asked what the hell is THAT? He said a sok puppet. I asked again what is a sok puppet?... the answer made no sense. I asked your question too. I don't think it  stands for anything.. In particular.. if anyone knows.. please post on this.. I call them dirty soks everywhere.? :D  

DrMorbius

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Best ever is a tough call, but for most unjustly forgotten TV series ever I would nominate:

Barney Miller.

Most realistic cop show ever, according to police.  Absurdly funny, touching, memorable.  After eight seasons, the producers stopped producing the show rather than rehash subjects and plot twists they had already covered, to ensure the quality would be maintained until the end.

Hank

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 01 Feb 2021, 1:50 am » wrote: I pick Starz's Spartacus.  We watched it years ago, & the detail as to Rome in that era was incredible & so much reminded me of the decadence of it that I remembered reading about in school. But an extremely close second for me would be the History Channel's Vikings, again so many of the events I remember from school, like their hauling their boats over the steep land with block & tackle to attack Paris. It's a shame our awards shows are so rigged that neither of these shows were ever even mentioned in the Golden Globes or Emmys. Travis Fimmel, who played Ragnar Lothbrok, was incredible in the role, & it was a shame that he was totally ignored for Best Actor in a TV series. So much time on our hands with this lockdown, it is good there are so many good shows to watch, like The Spanish Princess on Starz, & the 3 related to it before it.
During the lock down I watched a lot of good series . I probably put on thirty pounds this past year and watched more tv then ever before in my life. I must say that  I don't have an all time favoriten I'm into  so many different genres it's hard to have an all time favorite. .
I'm just going to list my favorites in no particular order. ..  
  1. Sons of Anarchy -Fx
  2. American Horror story all seasons except Roanoke -Fx
  3. Breaking bad- Amc ,probably has the best character development of any show ever
  4. The Expanse - amazon prime
  5. The boys - amazon prime 
  6. Stranger things- netflix, the nostalgic feeling this series gave off really won me over
  7. Better call Saul- Amc
  8. Jupiter's legacy- netflix
  9. Marco Polo-.Netflix 
  10. Walking dead- Amc, I got back into.this show when Negan made his appearance , oh and when I karl died I was happy to see him go. Little  bastard caused a lot of my favourite characters to die. They also took his character in many different directions that ended in over all bad character development.
  11. Sopranos- Hbo
  12. Justified -Fx 
  13. Five came back- netflix documentary mini series about the atrocities of World War2,  this documentary made me rethink my views on the necessity of America entering the European theater in ww2
  14. Vikings-history channel
  15. Picard-paramount
  16. Game of thrones- Hbo, the series would have been better if John Snow could have stayed dead. The savior of the world was just a whiney little ******* the entire series who bonks his sister at the end. 
I highly recommend any of these series, they are all binge worthy. 

​​​​​

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Hank » 12 May 2021, 2:00 am » wrote: During the lock down I watched a lot of good series . I probably put on thirty pounds this past year and watched more tv then ever before in my life. I must say that  I don't have an all time favoriten I'm into  so many different genres it's hard to have an all time favorite. .
I'm just going to list my favorites in no particular order. ..  
  1. Sons of Anarchy -Fx
  2. American Horror story all seasons except Roanoke -Fx
  3. Breaking bad- Amc ,probably has the best character development of any show ever
  4. The Expanse - amazon prime
  5. The boys - amazon prime 
  6. Stranger things- netflix, the nostalgic feeling this series gave off really won me over
  7. Better call Saul- Amc
  8. Jupiter's legacy- netflix
  9. Marco Polo-.Netflix 
  10. Walking dead- Amc, I got back into.this show when Negan made his appearance , oh and when I karl died I was happy to see him go. Little  bastard caused a lot of my favourite characters to die. They also took his character in many different directions that ended in over all bad character development.
  11. Sopranos- Hbo
  12. Justified -Fx 
  13. Five came back- netflix documentary mini series about the atrocities of World War2,  this documentary made me rethink my views on the necessity of America entering the European theater in ww2
  14. Vikings-history channel
  15. Picard-paramount
  16. Game of thrones- Hbo, the series would have been better if John Snow could have stayed dead. The savior of the world was just a whiney little ******* the entire series who bonks his sister at the end. 
I highly recommend any of these series, they are all binge worthy. 

​​​​​
Marco Polo was a good 1.
Last edited by supraTruth on 20 Jun 2021, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hank

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 12 May 2021, 3:23 am » wrote: Marco Polo Was a good 1.

Sucks there are only two seasons, 
It was a harvey  weinstein production so i imagine that is why it was canceled. I read budget expenses were the cause I ain't buying it. The show was to good too be canceled.. 

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Hank » 12 May 2021, 3:33 am » wrote: Sucks there are only two seasons, 
It was a harvey  weinstein production so i imagine that is why it was canceled. I read budget expenses were the cause I ain't buying it. The show was to good too be canceled..
We actually saw it years ago.

Check out Narcos:  Mexico, subtitles & all, it is binge worthy good.  Just skip the 1st Narcos with Pablo, if u want.
Last edited by supraTruth on 20 Jun 2021, 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.