This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

Cedar » 26 Jan 2021, 6:06 pm » wrote: I’m still tied into the grid, my meter runs backwards during the day as my excess electricity goes to the grid and then at night and on dark dreary days I pull from the grid when I’m not producing. On a monthly bases I send more to the grid than I take back and that goes on my bill as a credit.
Of course, just telling what your god said about solar. Another lie. Without utility power your inverters wouldn't work unless you have storage batteries.

omh

Share      Unread post

JeanMoulin » 26 Jan 2021, 7:32 pm » wrote: Of course, just telling what your god said about solar. Another lie. Without utility power your inverters wouldn't work unless you have storage batteries.

Bet your social identity on that? yes it is a trap question.

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

JeanMoulin » 26 Jan 2021, 7:32 pm » wrote: Of course, just telling what your god said about solar. Another lie. Without utility power your inverters wouldn't work unless you have storage batteries.
His god?

neue regel

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Cedar » 26 Jan 2021, 6:25 pm » wrote: You've notice the absence of leftist discussing their solar systems huh? Image   Image
I’m used to our liberal friends have differing standard for different people. 

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Cedar » 26 Jan 2021, 6:07 pm » wrote:
IkeBana » 26 Jan 2021, 5:56 pm » wrote: Well it's not like anybody figured you did it even in small part to provide some benefit to your fellow man.  A bunch of you supported Trump because you figured it might benefit your wallet.  If it ain't gonna fatten your wallet your not gonna be caught dead doing it.

Nice.

Global warming is a myth, show me the money.

I recycle too but not by choice. Image

I'm sure Mom and Dad just want the best, for you.

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

omh » 26 Jan 2021, 7:35 pm » wrote:

Bet your social identity on that? yes it is a trap question.

ooooooooooo, geeeeeeee.....how profound.

omh

Share      Unread post

want profound because your social narrative misdirected you since birth.

here is what keeps me centered as me.

you ever here "Cannot unring a bell.".

What can be done is to stop what took place from now on. get this into your brain and stop reciting ideas you mind without navigating space living mutually evolving so far.
I am sick and tired of ancestors playing social roles so they can feel more significant than what life delivers from now on, equally timed apart replacements to those made reproductions from now on.

damn it, navigate real time. You the last generation added of your parents or are your grandchildren the life after your children die? You will not look at what eternity is in plain sight demanding everyone abide by your wishes, life is more socially than genetically timed apart so far.

No it isn't.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Cedar » 26 Jan 2021, 2:08 pm » wrote: Solar was a sound financial decision, nothing more. I get free electric and $450 a month for selling solar credits.
Solar was a sound financial decision, nothing more. 
wow..

How pragmatic..

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

I have my moments. :rofl:   :die:  

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cedar » 26 Jan 2021, 2:08 pm » wrote: Solar was a sound financial decision, nothing more. I get free electric and $450 a month for selling solar credits.
Let me guess:
You are not in Michigan.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

DeezerShoove » 17 Sep 2021, 11:39 am » wrote: Let me guess:
You are not in Michigan.
New Jersey

Cedar

Share      Unread post

You ever heard of Tesla? 
:rofl:

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Yeah, oops, I saw that after I went back into the thread.

I saw a rating that compared states' hours/day of sun.
Arizona was rated at 8 hours, Michigan rated at 3 hours.
I can't remember where I saw that but I generally don't mentally store **** if it doesn't seem credible at the time.

So, I can't take advice from a "saving" point of view from a southwesterner, for instance. 
Does not compute... :wave:  

Cedar

Share      Unread post

DeezerShoove » 17 Sep 2021, 12:04 pm » wrote: Yeah, oops, I saw that after I went back into the thread.

I can't remember where I saw that but I generally don't mentally store **** if it doesn't seem credible at the time.

So, I can't take advice from a "saving" point of view from a southwesterner, for instance. 
Does not compute... Image
That’s the weird thing about solar, it actually requires sunlight. :)

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
DeezerShoove » 17 Sep 2021, 12:04 pm » wrote: Yeah, oops, I saw that after I went back into the thread.

Does not compute... Image
Solar? not anytime soon. Hoot. we have a professor comes on the radio.. Rates all the forms of energy... does any one understand how much solar it takes to power a light bulb for one year... ha. It's all about companies on the gubmint tit for funding.. gawd save us... from the snowflakes... sos? :lol:  

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
GHETTOBLASTER » 17 Sep 2021, 12:21 pm » wrote: good Day Cedar.
$40,000 would easily cover my electricity bill for 10 years and I would not have to replace a bank full of batteries or worry about ispecting / recaulking 100 holes in my roof.
Not having easy access for roof repairs and thorough demossing is a NO GO...plus my roof is designed to carry the worst case snow loads..not  for a bunch of panels too. 
I like having a small system as a back up to my gas generator...but unless I lived in the south and had enough spare land to situate the panels on their own foundation.
We simply don't get enough sun all through the year to make a system work when it is needed most.
ha ha ha.. please enlighten them ghetto. Because I almost cant take it... :rofl:  

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

Mandates from D.C. to the states regarding carbon caps have made solar the major producer of residential electricity.

Coal burning plants have already shut down in the U.S. as states comply with the mandates, they are building solar fields with natural gas as backup.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1ZC15A

So you will get solar energy, like it or not... the only choice is will you get it from the grid or have it on your roof? By installing it on your house, you get to keep the tax credit, rather than give it away to the utility company.

Also, the homeowners going solar are reducing the strain on the grid, helping to prevent power outages during peak times of demand.

omh

Share      Unread post

Cedar » 17 Sep 2021, 12:14 pm » wrote: That’s the weird thing about solar, it actually requires sunlight. :)

and it is only available less than a half rotation with clear skies, regardless global warming or ice age.

want energy by demand or upon command. Fossil fuels work 24/7 day or night, wind or calm with or without battery backup.
Last edited by omh on 17 Sep 2021, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
GHETTOBLASTER » 17 Sep 2021, 12:52 pm » wrote: Good Day Cyndi
2 years ago I processed a 100 foot Douglas Fir and three 50 foot Birch.
I still have over half of that batch left to burn this year.
[My elbow is all healed up from splitting that stuff too, must have been tendonitis....] Image  
95% of my Room Heat comes from a wood stove. I use the little $15 electric spot heaters [that just plug into your wall sockets] to fill in the gaps.
My big 230 Volt 5500 watt forced air electric furnce is useless so I tore it out and now we have a nice 3 foot by 3 foot closet.
The mice in the crawl space that the furnace used to leak heat into  got angry and moved out..... Image
I have wood.. my primary source.. Oil which is expensive next source... kerosene as a good back up...in emergency... electric heaters.. small ones.. and a  generator...I have seven cords of wood to get in.. I'm siting on my butt. My goal was to install a propane system..  From the house my ol man left me when he died.. profits.. Nope..thanks to Biden...because a creepy low life squatter renter.. living rent free...for TWO years.. is sitting in it... and it wouldn't sell.  I had to turn that house over to the bank.. But so be-it... I never have expected a fair shake in life..and then I get angry... . :wave: