This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
GHETTOBLASTER » 17 Sep 2021, 1:21 pm » wrote: Damn that really is unfair.
Hopefully some of your losses can be recovered on your taxes.
I would only rent to an old lady with a rock solid pension and no exceptions.
I rented once to a Chinese PHD Biologist straight off the boat from China...but it only took her a year to save up for her own house.
She lived a very Spartan, frugal life while saving up to pay for her goals.
nope.. I always seem to attract these low life men... out to steal.. They do get taken care of... due time..   I have my own house with huge bills..If my ol man knew what was going on... he would roll over in his grave. :wave:  

omh

Share      Unread post

sooted up Cyndi » 17 Sep 2021, 1:15 pm » wrote: I have wood.. my primary source.. Oil which is expensive next source... kerosene as a good back up...in emergency... electric heaters.. small ones.. and a  generator...I have seven cords of wood to get in.. I'm siting on my butt. My goal was to install a propane system..  From the house my ol man left me when he died.. profits.. Nope..thanks to Biden...because a creepy low life squatter renter.. living rent free...for TWO years.. is sitting in it... and it wouldn't sell.  I had to turn that house over to the bank.. But so be-it... I never have expected a fair shake in life..and then I get angry... . :wave:  
don't get mad get even.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

GHETTOBLASTER » 17 Sep 2021, 12:21 pm » wrote: good Day Cedar.
$40,000 would easily cover my electricity bill for 10 years and I would not have to replace a bank full of batteries or worry about ispecting / recaulking 100 holes in my roof.
Not having easy access for roof repairs and thorough demossing is a NO GO...plus my roof is designed to carry the worst case snow loads..not  for a bunch of panels too. 
I like having a small system as a back up to my gas generator...but unless I lived in the south and had enough spare land to situate the panels on their own foundation.
We simply don't get enough sun all through the year to make a system work when it is needed most.
It’s not for everyone, but it was a no brainer for me.
I pay my installer $200 a year for cleaning/maintainence.

I have 2 holes in my roof that are inside a flashed junction box. Roofs under panels actually last longer as they’re protected from the deteriorating effects of the sun. Your roof is engineered for way more than any possible snow loads and the panels actually get the snow load off your roof much faster than without.

Now to the important math:

My system cost $52,000

The federal tax payer footed $13,500 of that through the 26% investment tax credit 

I make around $4750 a year selling solar credits for 15 years.

15 x 4750 = $71,250

I save around $5000 a year not paying an electric bill

15 x 5000 = $75,000

71,250 + 75,000 = $ 146,250

$40,000 < $146,250

After that 15 years is over I still have an estimated 10 years useful life left on my system. Any questions? :)

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Coal; Can "conservatives"/Teabaggers/Trumpoids
HANDLE One More "Disappointment"??

September 22, 2020

"Benghazi!!  Benghazi!!  Benghazi!!  Benghazi!!"

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

Cedar » 17 Sep 2021, 4:14 pm » wrote: It’s not for everyone, but it was a no brainer for me.
I pay my installer $200 a year for cleaning/maintainence.

I have 2 holes in my roof that are inside a flashed junction box. Roofs under panels actually last longer as they’re protected from the deteriorating effects of the sun. Your roof is engineered for way more than any possible snow loads and the panels actually get the snow load off your roof much faster than without.

Now to the important math:

My system cost $52,000

The federal tax payer footed $13,500 of that through the 26% investment tax credit 

I make around $4750 a year selling solar credits for 15 years.

15 x 4750 = $71,250

I save around $5000 a year not paying an electric bill

15 x 5000 = $75,000

71,250 + 75,000 = $ 146,250

$40,000 < $146,250

After that 15 years is over I still have an estimated 10 years useful life left on my system. Any questions? Image

Even in NJ it is a smart move.  Better in Florida

razoo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Nuke power will always be toxic and expensive. Government will try disguise nuke power as cheap by giving tons of our tax dollars to the industry.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Politics: Classical Liberal

GHETTOBLASTER » 17 Sep 2021, 7:13 pm » wrote: So your entire solar array is held to your house by 2 screws..?
How much does it cost to replace your batteries and how often do they need replacing...
Don't tell me you live in Idaho..!
My grid that holds my panels are attached to the roof joists by screws under my shingles. Don’t tell me you’re concerned with every roofing nail that penetrates your roof. I haven’t added the batteries yet but I’d imagine the extra $100,000 will cover any needed repairs. :)