This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 818
Politics: Democratic

After WW 2 we reconstructed Germany and Japan. After the civil war, the .gov did nothing of the sort. We only took away their right to own slaves. Had we dumped dollars into the south to rebuild, to provide the machinery and the education on how to farm and how to again become a productive part of the country, they very well could have become like Germany and Japan. Now if it wasn't for the federal .gov these states could not survive. They have become welfare states. The south still resents the fact that that the .gov did not build the south back up, and the fact that the north took all the former slaves and used them to work in factories. I believe it will take many more years for the south to get over their hatred for government, but it will happen. It has to.

User avatar
Rock

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,068
Politics: Conservative

JeanMoulin » 19 Oct 2021, 7:19 pm » wrote: After WW 2 we reconstructed Germany and Japan. After the civil war, the .gov did nothing of the sort. We only took away their right to own slaves. Had we dumped dollars into the south to rebuild, to provide the machinery and the education on how to farm and how to again become a productive part of the country, they very well could have become like Germany and Japan. Now if it wasn't for the federal .gov these states could not survive. They have become welfare states. The south still resents the fact that that the .gov did not build the south back up, and the fact that the north took all the former slaves and used them to work in factories. I believe it will take many more years for the south to get over their hatred for government, but it will happen. It has to.

Pure conjecture.  :\  
 

User avatar
Phelix_Dacat

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 872
Politics: Liberal

As history, this is badly thought out and badly argued. I can spot 6 major flaws in your paragraph in just the first reading.

I won't bedevil the thread by taking your post apart. With the new 2000 word limit, I doubt I'll get into much detail on most arguments any more. The effort is better spent elsewhere, IMHO.

User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 818
Politics: Democratic

Rock » 19 Oct 2021, 7:27 pm » wrote: Pure conjecture.  Image
In part, but we can't change history can we? The south were seditionists and traitors to the United States, that fact can not be changed. 
 

User avatar
Rock

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,068
Politics: Conservative

JeanMoulin » 19 Oct 2021, 7:33 pm » wrote: In part, but we can't change history can we? The south were seditionists and traitors to the United States, that fact can not be changed.

Strawman  :\  

User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 818
Politics: Democratic

Phelix_Dacat » 19 Oct 2021, 7:32 pm » wrote: As history, this is badly thought out and badly argued. I can spot 6 major flaws in your paragraph in just the first reading.

I won't bedevil the thread by taking your post apart. With the new 2000 word limit, I doubt I'll get into much detail on most arguments any more. The effort is better spent elsewhere, IMHO.
Please tell me the flaws. I strive to be a better person.  :LOL: I can't believe it would take 2000 words.  
 

User avatar
neue regel

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,866
Politics: Conservative

JeanMoulin » 19 Oct 2021, 7:19 pm » wrote: After WW 2 we reconstructed Germany and Japan. After the civil war, the .gov did nothing of the sort. We only took away their right to own slaves. Had we dumped dollars into the south to rebuild, to provide the machinery and the education on how to farm and how to again become a productive part of the country, they very well could have become like Germany and Japan. Now if it wasn't for the federal .gov these states could not survive. They have become welfare states. The south still resents the fact that that the .gov did not build the south back up, and the fact that the north took all the former slaves and used them to work in factories. I believe it will take many more years for the south to get over their hatred for government, but it will happen. It has to.
Yes indeed. The ghettos left behind have certainly been crippling but are very useful to a party that relies on that voting block every four years. 

User avatar
Taipan

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,285
Politics: Libertarian

JeanMoulin » 19 Oct 2021, 7:19 pm » wrote: After WW 2 we reconstructed Germany and Japan. After the civil war, the .gov did nothing of the sort. We only took away their right to own slaves. Had we dumped dollars into the south to rebuild, to provide the machinery and the education on how to farm and how to again become a productive part of the country, they very well could have become like Germany and Japan. Now if it wasn't for the federal .gov these states could not survive. They have become welfare states. The south still resents the fact that that the .gov did not build the south back up, and the fact that the north took all the former slaves and used them to work in factories. I believe it will take many more years for the south to get over their hatred for government, but it will happen. It has to.
Sir,
We do not wish to be a drag on your team of horses.
I am sure that your lives would be much improved if you were to cut us loose & journeyed 
forward into the future w/o us.


Would you like to get a simple, friendly, peaceful divorce between your tribe & mine?
I am sure that we could work something out that would be very beneficial to all parties
concerned.
TNM.
Texas Nationalist Movement.
"We think that we are strong enough......to stand on our own".

User avatar
Cedar

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Posts: 3,065
Politics: Classical Liberal

JeanMoulin » 19 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm » wrote: Please tell me the flaws. I strive to be a better person.  Image I can't believe it would take 2000 words.  
 

 
Look on the bright side you’ve got nowhere to go but up.
 

User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 818
Politics: Democratic

Taipan » 19 Oct 2021, 8:03 pm » wrote: Sir,
We do not wish to be a drag on your team of horses.
I am sure that your lives would be much improved if you were to cut us loose & journeyed 
forward into the future w/o us.


Would you like to get a simple, friendly, peaceful divorce between your tribe & mine?
I am sure that we could work something out that would be very beneficial to all parties
concerned.
TNM.
Texas Nationalist Movement.
"We think that we are strong enough......to stand on our own".
Then secede already. You will not be missed. 
 

User avatar
neue regel

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,866
Politics: Conservative

 JeanMoulin
Then secede already. You will not be missed.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kiro7. ... utType=amp

Welcome to the United Western States of America!!!   Image  
 

User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 818
Politics: Democratic

neueregel » 19 Oct 2021, 8:12 pm » wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kiro7. ... utType=amp

Welcome to the United Western States of America!!!   Image
Like Texas doesn't have a homeless population. It's not enough to just complain about other states when you have your own problems.
 

User avatar
Taipan

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,285
Politics: Libertarian

JeanMoulin » 19 Oct 2021, 8:08 pm » wrote: Then secede already. You will not be missed.

All in due time, Bubba.
All in due time.                                                                    
:clap:  

User avatar
neue regel

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,866
Politics: Conservative

JeanMoulin » 19 Oct 2021, 8:16 pm » wrote: Like Texas doesn't have a homeless population. It's not enough to just complain about other states when you have your own problems.
There are homeless everywhere. Seattle’s particular problem is junkies on the lawn of a school and a government unwilling to do anything about it. I feel bad for that community. Perhaps they remember this during the next election. 

User avatar
Phelix_Dacat

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 872
Politics: Liberal

JeanMoulin » 19 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm » wrote: Please tell me the flaws. I strive to be a better person.  Image I can't believe it would take 2000 words.
My bad, 2000 characters. Not words.

In no detail at all
After WW 2 we reconstructed Germany and Japan. After the civil war, the .gov did nothing of the sort.
It was literally called The Reconstruction Era
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_era

We only took away their right to own slaves.
Untrue. Burned their cities to the ground. Friendly carpet baggers. Passed laws that treated black people like white people. Etc.

Had we dumped dollars into the south to rebuild, to provide the machinery and the education on how to farm and how to again become a productive part of the country,
The Reconstruction Era was traded by the Republicans for the White House 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compromise_of_1877

they very well could have become like Germany and Japan.
Asserted without evidence. Given the opportunity, they went for the hard apartheid of Jim Crow, which garners huge doubt of your glib nonsense.

Now if it wasn't for the federal .gov these states could not survive.
Possibly.

They have become welfare states.
True,

The south still resents the fact that that the .gov did not build the south back up, and
The south resents the fact that the north "cheated" by winning. Much like the GOP resented Carter, Clinton, Obama, and now Biden. For "cheating" by winning. Their tears are salty and delicious.

the fact that the north took all the former slaves and used them to work in factories.
All? Not a fact and not true.

I believe it will take many more years for the south to get over their hatred for government, but it will happen. It has to.
Kumbayah my south, Kumbayah

 
 

User avatar
Rock

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,068
Politics: Conservative

neueregel » 19 Oct 2021, 8:25 pm » wrote: There are homeless everywhere. Seattle’s particular problem is junkies on the lawn of a school and a government unwilling to do anything about it. I feel bad for that community. Perhaps they remember this during the next election.

Amen to that. I was in Seattle last July. Beautiful city and some damned fine people. And homeless camps everywhere. It's a damn shame that the libs who run the place can't see the harm they are allowing to happen. 

User avatar
Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,076

JeanMoulin » 19 Oct 2021, 8:08 pm » wrote: Then secede already. You will not be missed.
Can't we force Texas to secede?

User avatar
crimsongulf

Share      Unread post

User avatar
        
        
Posts: 3,121
Politics: Capitalist

AbitaBeer
Yet, thousands move to the south on a weekly basis leaving northern and left coast ****.

User avatar
Taipan

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,285
Politics: Libertarian

Bidennextpresident » 19 Oct 2021, 8:54 pm » wrote: Can't we force Texas to secede?

I'll buy the beer......if you will buy the Doritos" !!                                             :die:   :die:  

User avatar
neue regel

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,866
Politics: Conservative

crimsongulf » 19 Oct 2021, 9:01 pm » wrote: Yet, thousands move to the south on a weekly basis leaving northern and left coast ****.
Yep. I feel for those who can’t get out.