This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
RichClem

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,274
Politics: Liberal

RichClem said:
Cannonpointer » 29 Jul 2014 5:25 am » wrote:The debunked pretense that capitalism desires or even tolerates free markets is given the lie by the Singapores and the Chiles of this world. The "freer" capital, the more the PEOPLE are enslaved.
Mental illness is such a tragedy to see. :huh:

Chile went from being an impoverished hellhole to being the model for all of Latin America.

Which means the psychotic surely thinks it's a hellhole today. :rofl:
The economy of Chile is ranked as a high-income economy by the World Bank,[9] and is considered one of South America's most stable and prosperous nations,[10] leading Latin American nations in competitiveness, income per capita, globalization, economic freedom, and low perception of corruption.[11] However, it has a high economic inequality, as measured by the Gini index,[12] ....

According to the CIA World Factbook, during the early 1990s, Chile's "reputation as a role model for economic reform" was strengthened when the democratic government of Patricio Aylwin, who took over from the military in 1990, deepened the economic reform initiated by the military government. Growth in real GDP averaged 8% from 1991–1997,[citation needed] but fell to half that level in 1998 because of tight monetary policies (implemented to keep the current account deficit in check) and because of lower export earnings, the latter which was a product of the Asian financial crisis. Chile's economy has since recovered and has seen growth rates of 5-7% over the past several years.[citation needed]

After a decade of impressive growth rates, Chile began to experience a moderate economic downturn in 1999, brought on by unfavorable global economic conditions related to the Asian financial crisis, which began in 1997. The economy remained sluggish until 2003, when it began to show clear signs of recovery, achieving 4.0% real GDP growth.[18] The Chilean economy finished 2004 with growth of 6.0%. Real GDP growth reached 5.7% in 2005 before falling back to 4.0% in 2006. GDP expanded by 5.1% in 2007.[19]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Chile

User avatar
RichClem

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,274
Politics: Liberal

RichClem said:
Cannonpointer » 29 Jul 2014 5:25 am » wrote:Capitalism did not invent the free market. Indeed, it is the sworn enemy of it.
The psychotic who rejects my sources on the basis of nothing is attempting to define what "Capitalism" is. :rofl:

Certainly there are degrees of it, including the generally liberal-recommended Crony Capitalism with its infamous public-private partnerships that benefit Special Interests and often dangerously combine the power of Big Government and Big Business.

But what is theoretical "Capitalism?" Ideally:
Full Definition of CAPITALISM
: an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/capitalism
Gosh, doesn't look like they're "sworn enemies" to me. :clap:

Looks like under ideal circumstances they're the same thing.

User avatar
Brattle Street

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 180

Brattle Street said:
RichClem » 29 Jul 2014 10:40 am » wrote: The psychotic who rejects my sources on the basis of nothing is attempting to define what "Capitalism" is. :rofl:

Certainly there are degrees of it, including the generally liberal-recommended Crony Capitalism with its infamous public-private partnerships that benefit Special Interests and often dangerously combine the power of Big Government and Big Business.

But what is theoretical "Capitalism?" Ideally:
Gosh, doesn't look like they're "sworn enemies" to me. :clap:

Looks like under ideal circumstances they're the same thing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA
you keep harping and we will keeping laughing at how badly your are getting your weak dishonest *** kicked around.
you ignorant subhuman piece of ****

User avatar
littlehawk12

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 80
Politics: Independent
Location: ALASKA!!

littlehawk12 said: What is this, musical threads on Singapore, where CP gets his all kicked in one thread so he runs and starts another? LOL

But wait! I thought CP thought Singapore was this great socialist utopia to be hailed from sea to shining sea! What happened?? lol Make up your **** mind, Cannonhomo! hahaha
Last edited by littlehawk12 on 29 Jul 2014, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 650
Politics: Classical Liberal

Annoyed Liberall said:
littlehawk12 » 29 Jul 2014 11:22 am » wrote:What is this, musical threads on Singapore, where CP gets his all kicked in one thread so he runs and starts another? LOL

But wait! I thought CP thought Singapore was this great socialist utopia to be hailed from sea to shining sea! Now it's authoritarian capitalism? lol Make up your **** mind, Cannonhomo! hahaha
Cannon has never wavered in his views on this.

Rich is the one who is all over the place.

User avatar
littlehawk12

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 80
Politics: Independent
Location: ALASKA!!

littlehawk12 said:
Annoyed Liberall » 29 Jul 2014 11:24 am » wrote: Cannon has never wavered in his views on this.

Rich is the one who is all over the place.
Well, whatever. If you consider **** healthcare, skyrocketing poverty, and $5 dollars a day to feed your family on a great success, then I reckon Singapore is a good place for ya.

User avatar
littlehawk12

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 80
Politics: Independent
Location: ALASKA!!

littlehawk12 said: Poverty in Singapore Grew from 16% in 2002 to 28% in 2013

Poverty in Singapore is expected to be 40% by 2025.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 650
Politics: Classical Liberal

Annoyed Liberall said:
littlehawk12 » 29 Jul 2014 11:27 am » wrote: Well, whatever. If you consider **** healthcare, skyrocketing poverty, and $5 dollars a day to feed your family on a great success, then I reckon Singapore is a good place for ya.
That's exactly what Rich is saying. He is saying Singapore is one of the best countries in the world. lol

User avatar
RichClem

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,274
Politics: Liberal

RichClem said:
Annoyed Liberall » 29 Jul 2014 11:35 am » wrote:That's exactly what Rich is saying. He is saying Singapore is one of the best countries in the world. lol
Can you quote me saying that? No?

Then you're just lying, like you do so often.

I said it was one of the economically freest and that its citizens went from dire poverty to prosperity; that to the degree it follows economic and political freedom, it deserves praise.

User avatar
shintao

Share      Unread post

User avatar
 
 
Posts: 42
Politics: Socialist

shintao said:
Str8tEdge » 29 Jul 2014 5:46 am » wrote: If you have a complaint with how the economists of the Heritage Foundation rank the countries, perhaps you should file a formal grievance. I'm sure they'll take you just as seriously as we have!
The village idiot expels gas from his intelligence orifice ***!!!!!

According to his cult member heritage, they give the definition of economic freedom, so pay close attention to their propaganda lies.

What is economic freedom?
Economic freedom is the fundamental right of every human to control his or her own labor and property. In an economically free society, individuals are free to work, produce, consume, and invest in any way they please. In economically free societies, governments allow labor, capital and goods to move freely, and refrain from coercion or constraint of liberty beyond the extent necessary to protect and maintain liberty itself. http://www.heritage.org/index/about

Now lets look at reality, something assboy is unable to do on his drugs.

Fear of Authority
A survey by NUS in 2001 showed that 88% of the undergraduates had felt there were barriers that prevented them from entering politics, including the fear of authorities. One had remarked that ‘Politics in Singapore is a taboo topic’.
The government in Singapore has broad powers to limit citizens' rights and to inhibit political opposition. In 2014, Singapore was ranked 150th out of 175 nations by Reporters Without Borders in the Worldwide Press Freedom Index. Freedom in the World 2014 ranked Singapore 4 out of 7 for political freedom, and 4 out of 7 for civil liberties (where 1 is the most free), with an overall ranking of "partly free".

So much for assboy having and credibility along with the lying Heritage link!!!

User avatar
littlehawk12

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 80
Politics: Independent
Location: ALASKA!!

littlehawk12 said:
Annoyed Liberall » 29 Jul 2014 11:35 am » wrote: That's exactly what Rich is saying. He is saying Singapore is one of the best countries in the world. lol
CP was saying the same damn thing. Except what a wonderful socialist utopia he thought it was. It's obvious Singapore sucks. Are there worse places? Of course. That doesn't make Singapore an ideal place for the average joe.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 650
Politics: Classical Liberal

Annoyed Liberall said:
RichClem » 29 Jul 2014 11:43 am » wrote: Can you quote me saying that? No?

Then you're just lying, like you do so often.

I said it was one of the economically freest and that its citizens went from dire poverty to prosperity; that to the degree it follows economic and political freedom, it deserves praise.
Really? All it's citizens? You also said they all retire with a million dollars. I proved you wrong and you never addressed it.
88% of the population lives in government housing. lol

User avatar
RichClem

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,274
Politics: Liberal

RichClem said:
Annoyed Liberall » 29 Jul 2014 11:59 am » wrote: Really? All it's citizens? You also said they all retire with a million dollars. I proved you wrong and you never addressed it.
88% of the population lives in government housing. lol
Where did I say "they all retire with a million dollars?"


Can you quote me? No? Didn't think so.

Nor did I see you prove anything, other than that you're a silly twit.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 650
Politics: Classical Liberal

Annoyed Liberall said:
RichClem » 29 Jul 2014 12:07 pm » wrote: Where did I say "they all retire with a million dollars?"

Can you quote me? No? Didn't think so.

Nor did I see you prove anything, other than that you're a silly twit.
Of course you didn't see it. smh

You said it in another Singapore thread.

Singapore is not free because they are quote socialized. You said yourself that free=not socialist.

User avatar
RichClem

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,274
Politics: Liberal

RichClem said:
Annoyed Liberall » 29 Jul 2014 12:09 pm » wrote:Of course you didn't see it. smh

You said it in another Singapore thread.

Singapore is not free because they are quote socialized. You said yourself that free=not socialist.
Between your idiocy and your dishonesty, it's not worth the time to respond.

Have a nice little moonbat life.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 650
Politics: Classical Liberal

Annoyed Liberall said:
RichClem » 29 Jul 2014 12:14 pm » wrote: Between your idiocy and your dishonesty, it's not worth the time to respond.

Have a nice little moonbat life.
Thought so.
You lose.

User avatar
onlyaladd

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 589
Politics: Anarchist

onlyaladd said:
littlehawk12 » 29 Jul 2014 11:27 am » wrote:
Well, whatever. If you consider **** healthcare, skyrocketing poverty, and $5 dollars a day to feed your family on a great success, then I reckon Singapore is a good place for ya.
That's heritage and richclams position. Paradise on earth. Free market success huh? Please try and keep up.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 650
Politics: Classical Liberal

Annoyed Liberall said:
RichClem » 27 Jul 2014 8:06 am » wrote: The US until recently was the freest country on the planet, i.e. the least Socialist.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 650
Politics: Classical Liberal

Annoyed Liberall said:
Annoyed Liberall » 24 Jul 2014 2:56 pm » wrote:Hmmmm.....
Another chink the Heritage Foundation armor
doesn't sound so free to me.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 650
Politics: Classical Liberal

Annoyed Liberall said:
Annoyed Liberall » 25 Jul 2014 9:29 am » wrote: Clem, you accepted this definition.

Singapore regularly confiscates and redistributes property. They have huge entitlements. They have a minimum wage. They own almost 90% of the housing in the country. They have socialized health care. They compel their citizens to vote. They compel their citizens to save money in a government account. They may have lowered tax rates in one area, but they made up for it with their new GST @ 7%.

All of this fits the description.
Sounding less and less free

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beekeeper, Bill Gates [Bot], Buck Naked, Buffalo, Cannonpointer, ConsRule, EDC4ALL!, FJB, golfboy, Goodgrief, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Imgreatagain, Jantje_Smit, jerra b, Justin Sane, Kobia2, LowIQTrash, maineman, Majik, Monderegal, Mrkelly, murdock, nefarious101, NEILCAR, Neo, OdeToJoy, PhiloBeddo, PoliticalPopUp, Punch, RebelGator, ROG62, Semrush [Bot], Skans, sooted up Cyndi, Steve Jobs [Bot], Sumela, sunburn, Tempest62, Twitter [Bot], user1701250047, user1701395169, Vegas, walkingstick, Yandex [Bot], Z09, Zeets2 and 1 guest