If the poor are so hungry why are they so fat?

Started by TheNightStalker

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

78 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

User avatar
Posted by Rebel
  7,089 10 Jan 2014, 9:27 am

Rebel Working Class Philosopher
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,774
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Money: 7,088.79



Log in or register to remove this ad..
TheNightStalker » 08 Jan 2014 7:20 pm wrote:
I see these fat fucks waddling around the grocery store with their fat fucking kids and paying for it with an EBT card. So why are libs always crying about poverty and kids going hungry? What BULLSHIT. Fucken liars.

Of course, you're far too stupid to understand the correlation between obesity and malnutrition, you fucking moron.
0
Log in or register to remove this ad..

User avatar
Posted by Rebel
  7,089 10 Jan 2014, 9:34 am

Rebel Working Class Philosopher
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,774
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Money: 7,088.79



golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 8:50 am wrote:
SallyForth » 09 Jan 2014 8:41 am wrote:

They're fat not because of how much they eat but the fact that they eat processed, fast-acting carbohydrates in breads, cereals, fruit juices and soft drinks as opposed to eating whole foods like corn, beans, fruits, leafy greens and other slow-acting carbohydrates.

Fast-acting 'bad' carbs in processed foods turn to sugar almost instantly; the body cannot use all this instant energy and stores it as fat. Whole foods do not turn into those sugars and are not stored as fat. If you're poor and live in inner cities, your access to whole foods is limited, and what is available is usually more expensive than what suburbanites can buy at their supermarkets. Food stores in poor areas usually charge more for everything they sell because they know their customers don't have enough money to go elsewhere; they're trapped.


When bad stuff is what is in the stores where you live, what are you going to do?

"Bad" foods and "good" foods exist in EVERY store in EVERY neighborhood.
These people eat the "Bad" foods because they are too lazy to expend the effort to actually cook a healthy meal.

Well, you're wrong again, as usual. When people who are forced to feed a family on a very limited budget cannot afford to buy the kinds of foods Sally described and keep dinner on the table for a month. Of course, if you had even just a few functioning brain cells, you might be able to figure out the obvious for yourself.
0

User avatar
Posted by Rebel
  7,089 10 Jan 2014, 3:02 pm

Rebel Working Class Philosopher
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,774
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Money: 7,088.79



Southern indep » 10 Jan 2014 11:55 am wrote:
Rebel » 10 Jan 2014 8:34 am wrote:
Well, you're wrong again, as usual. When people who are forced to feed a family on a very limited budget cannot afford to buy the kinds of foods Sally described and keep dinner on the table for a month. Of course, if you had even just a few functioning brain cells, you might be able to figure out the obvious for yourself.


So five hundred dollars a month on a ebt card isn't enough to feed a family of three nutritional meals?

Stfu and go outside....

Tag along with your mom next time she goes grocery shopping. You might learn something other than how to advance to the next level on your X-box.
0

User avatar
Posted by Rebel
  7,089 10 Jan 2014, 6:50 pm

Rebel Working Class Philosopher
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,774
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Money: 7,088.79



TheNightStalker » 10 Jan 2014 2:23 pm wrote:
Rebel » 10 Jan 2014 8:27 am wrote:
TheNightStalker » 08 Jan 2014 7:20 pm wrote:
I see these fat fucks waddling around the grocery store with their fat fucking kids and paying for it with an EBT card. So why are libs always crying about poverty and kids going hungry? What BULLSHIT. Fucken liars.

Of course, you're far too stupid to understand the correlation between obesity and malnutrition, you fucking moron.


Yeah, they're just dying to by fresh produce but they buy the 40lb bag of frozen burritos instead because the can afford lettuce. Nigga please.

If your momma is feeding you out of a 40-lb bag, I can guarantee you it sure as hell ain't burritos! :rofl:

Image
0



Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

Who has visited this topic