who released the Christie emails?

Started by Thrash-Ra

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

118 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by Misty
  26,499 09 Jan 2014, 4:53 pm

Misty Nevertheless, she persisted.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 26,499.35

Thrash-Ra » 09 Jan 2014 8:08 am wrote:
I'm surfing various sources right now, and all they've said so far in regards to these emails is that they 'recently surfaced' and were released by 'news sources.' Which sources? Where are the names?

The emails were released in response to a subpoena ahead of the hearing in which Wildstein was supposed to testify today.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-christie-emails-20140109,0,1137068.story#ixzz2pwLfO9MQ

BTW, he refused to testify and is being held in contempt.

I'd like to know whose name was redacted and why in the text message exchange with Wildstein.
Apparently that person took some joy in kids being stuck on school buses.

In one exchange of text messages on the second day of the lane closures, Wildstein alludes to messages Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich had left complaining that school buses were having trouble getting through the traffic.

“Is it wrong that I’m smiling,” the recipient of the text message responded to Wildstein. The person’s identity is not clear because the documents are partially redacted for unknown reasons.

“No,” Wildstein wrote in response.

“I feel badly about the kids,” the person replied to Wildstein. “I guess.”

“They are the children of Buono voters,” Wildstein wrote, making a reference to Barbara Buono, the Democratic candidate for governor, who lost to Christie in a landslide in November.

- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/christi ... CKcx3.dpuf

Posted by Misty
  26,499 09 Jan 2014, 5:03 pm

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cedarswamp » 09 Jan 2014 9:29 am wrote:
Cannonpointer » 09 Jan 2014 9:14 am wrote:
My guess would be that the agency which SUBPOENAED those emails RIGHTLY shared them (not "leaked" them) with the press.

^^^^That....it's not like just anyone can get your private emails and text msgs.

According to Assemblyman John Wisniewski, chairman of the Assembly Transportation Committee in New Jersey,
the e-mails and text messages were subpoenaed by his committee who is investigating this matter.
They released 22 pages out of thousands.

Posted by Misty
  26,499 09 Jan 2014, 5:12 pm

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 3:58 pm wrote:
Misty » 09 Jan 2014 3:53 pm wrote:
The emails were released in response to a subpoena ahead of the hearing in which Wildstein was supposed to testify today.

Interesting that your article contradicts mine in this regard.
Mine said that it was part of a freedom of information request, under threat of a subpoena.

We seem to be talking about two different things.
I'm saying that they were released by Wildstein's attorney in response to a subpoena by the committee investigating the matter in the Jersey state Assembly.
How the press got them I don't know.
All I know is that they were first published in the Bergen Record by a reporter named Shawn Boburg.
I saw him interviewed last night, but he didn't say how he obtained them.

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum