Chris Christies Press Conference Claims Don't Add Up

Started by skews13

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Next
163 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 5:35 pm

Skeptic      

Democratic Democratic political affiliation
Politics: Democratic
Money: 1,854.22

skews13 » 09 Jan 2014 4:13 pm wrote:

Yep, the bridge is a connector between two states, which means interstate commerce. The real crimes to me though is the delay of emergency response vehicles, and putting children on school buses in harms way. These are not petty instances of finger pointing.

Correct!

Politically, Christie has another problem in that he exhibited absolutely no concern for this matter at all, having - long and hard - belittled the matter. Instead he bleated about how his staff lied to him. That was what he was so upset about. Given the OP plus what the press is calling his "me-me-me-mea-culpa," his press will be highly unfavorable for months, and you can bet your pinkie that Paul, Rubio, Santorum, Cruz and the rest will skewer Christie with this till the nomination is past or till Christie drops out.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 5:46 pm

Skeptic      

Huey » 09 Jan 2014 4:39 pm wrote:

I asked the question on the other thread. Could you explain exactly how this punishes the mayor of a city? The PA OF NJ Makes the decision. What is the political payoff?

I also bet that this will die out. Immigration will be the hot button topic shortly and of course a return to the ACA with the midterms around the corner.

Saw your post and agree, also commented. I don't get it -- maybe his staff or his political appointees can explain it. But, the fact that they wanted to punish the mayor is pretty obvious.

Bridgegate will follow Christie for the rest of his carreer.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 5:56 pm

Skeptic      

Huey » 09 Jan 2014 4:48 pm wrote:

It probably will. That really isn't the question. The question is how much will it hurt him. If Obama and Hilary are not suffering from some of the doozies they lived thru it is possible Christie will survive as well. But then again that depends on the press, doesn't it?

It depends on a lot of things. You assume too much right-wing commentary is true with respect to Obama and Clinton. Watch more varied sources. Christie's problem is that the fact that his office did this is now indisputable - making it an ACTUAL scandal, rather than wishful thinking.

I think Christie will survive as governor, but parts of NJ press are already pressuring him to resign. Predictably, Christie scoffs in a manner similar to when the Bridgegate story first broke.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 6:31 pm

Skeptic      

neue regel » 09 Jan 2014 5:25 pm wrote:

Illegal or not, I agree with you about the guys who did this and their abuse of authority. That's why the IRS scandal should have been an outrage to all Americans.

The "IRS Scandal" is an allegation of wrong-doing. Wrong-doing by Christie's office is admitted by the governor, himself!

There is no equivalence.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 6:34 pm

Skeptic      

Cedarswamp » 09 Jan 2014 5:31 pm wrote:

None of which you can put Christie's fingerprints on, try again.

Even he admits he is responsible for his office. Legally, he is not (yet) implicated. Politically, he's jumped into a fairly deep hole.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

Skeptic      

Cedarswamp » 09 Jan 2014 5:35 pm wrote:

Scandal over, bank it.

How about we wait and see? I think you suffer wishful thinking, here.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 8:45 pm

Skeptic      

Racetex (RSIG) » 09 Jan 2014 6:48 pm wrote:

BS and everyone knows it. Why do you continue to turn ur head on this? Do me a favor, go look urself in the mirror and say the above.

Actually, Bingster is correct. Both sides were targeted. There is no scandal there - only wishful thinking.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/18/politics/irs-scandal/

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 8:50 pm

Skeptic      

Racetex (RSIG) » 09 Jan 2014 6:45 pm wrote:
Unfucking real. People really show what they are made of on this forum. Chris gets accused of doing something that he said he did not do and you guys want to hang him. Obama has claimed he didn't know so many times and all the left wants to do is give him a free pass. That is what this country has become and it will continue to go downhill. How can you guys justify slamming this guy while the Pres gets free passes left and right? If the Gov ordered the jam, he should resign his office.

With all the redaction in literally hundreds of documents, something is being hidden. We'll know soon what it was. Now, I'm not accusing Christie of anything, yet. But, if he ordered it, he should be prosecuted and impeached. If he didn't know about it, how is it possible to imagine him competent enough to hold his current office, much less national office?

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:13 pm

Skeptic      

rayj » 09 Jan 2014 7:50 pm wrote:
By no means am I a Christie fan, but I give him some credit for acting quickly and firing the responsible people.

Now Obama on the other hand....how many has he fired for the AP, IRS, Benghazi and DoJ scandals again?

How do you know Christie isn't responsible and those he fired just scape-goats?

AP, IRS, Benghazi and DoJ are not actually scandals - just conservative fantasy scandals; With Bridgegate, evidence of corruption in the governor's office is overwhelming.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:15 pm

Skeptic      

rayj » 09 Jan 2014 7:55 pm wrote:

Come on Skeptic. Obama knew nothing about the AP, IRS, DoJ and Benghazi (so he says). But you will swear up and down he is competent.

You listen to too much FOX fantasy, Ray. Try more varied sources.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:24 pm

Skeptic      

Southern indep » 09 Jan 2014 8:20 pm wrote:
Well I'm watching. MSNBC
It's hilarious

Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm pretty sure Christie isn't sharing your mirth.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:37 pm

Skeptic      

Southern indep » 09 Jan 2014 8:31 pm wrote:
Dude it's just as bad as fox..
It's just fragmented video clips with Rachel Maddow narrating the plot.

Maddow should do some audio books..
She's a hell of a story teller

http://www.amazon.com/Drift-Unmooring-American-Military-Power/dp/0307460991

She narrates the audio book.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:43 pm

Skeptic      

Thought you'd like that. Good book. A bit beyond you, I suspect. Maybe a good bit.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 10:55 pm

Skeptic      

rayj » 09 Jan 2014 8:52 pm wrote:

Scandals or not, Obama some how knew absolutely nothing about these goings on. Are you saying no one deserves to be fired for these? No one?

I think the IRS needs different policies. You do know both con and lib groups were targeted, right? Benghazi seems a complete fantasy as scandal. The other two seem mostly wishful thinking for cons - you know, no ideas, so maybe scandal will bail out the GOP.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 11:03 pm

Skeptic      

rayj » 09 Jan 2014 9:25 pm wrote:

What is a scandal anyway? How about an occurrence in which people are shocked and upset because of behavior that is morally or legally wrong. Is that a good definition?

You're telling me the AP incident was neither morally or legally wrong? Fast and Furious was neither? The IRS was neither? The NSA was neither? Benghazi was neither?

Then tell us, WTF were they?

Actual crimes were committed by Christie's office - so that's a scandal. If people are simply worked up, it may be the result of zealous demagoguery. Fast and Furious was a Bush Initiative carried forward. IRS is a policy issue that affected both con and lib groups. NSA needs to be reigned in, but that's nothing new. Benghazi is pure conservative fiction that anything illegal or immoral was done by Obama or Clinton. AP - ?

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 11:12 pm

Skeptic      

TheAmerican » 09 Jan 2014 10:07 pm wrote:

Christie apologizes over lane closures, fires top aide!!!

More than your boy can say, isn't? When it comes to osama obama, it's ALWAYS someone else fault!!

Discusting!

What crimes were objectively committed by Obama or his office?

Clearly, Christie's office committed crimes!

Soon, the Christie emails that were heavily redacted should be UN-redacted. That should be interesting!

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 10 Jan 2014, 8:46 am

Skeptic      

Huey » 10 Jan 2014 7:01 am wrote:

I'm confused. You claim there is no scandal. Yet the Justice department just named someone to head the investigation.

Odd. Doncha ya think? Did they consult you and bingster prior to this action so they would know there was no scandal?

Already said the IRS needs new policies. But, scandal?? BOTH SIDES WERE TARGETED, so where's the scandal?

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 10 Jan 2014, 8:51 am

Skeptic      

golfboy » 10 Jan 2014 7:48 am wrote:
No, both sides were NOT targeted, the IRS already admitted that.
Why do you idiots keep lying about this, when the people who did it have already admitted their guilt?

Already posted a link showing as much, goofball.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 10 Jan 2014, 8:55 am

Skeptic      

Huey » 10 Jan 2014 7:49 am wrote:

1) Don't tell me. Tell the Justice Department who appointed the investigation team. AFTER the investigation you can lecture me on "policies" all you want.

2) For one who has the screen name "skeptic" you sure don't quesiton much, do you? I think I will wait to see how this plays out.

1) Investigating Obama? LOL

2) I'm very skeptical of corporate media bilge pumps, like FOX. You?

Waiting is preferable to buying every single story con propagandists peddle.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 10 Jan 2014, 8:56 am

Skeptic      

golfboy » 10 Jan 2014 7:53 am wrote:
Your post is nothing but spin. The IRS admitted they targeted TEA Party groups, and people were fired over it.
Sorry.

They also targeted progressive groups. No Obama scandal, sparky.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/18/politics/irs-scandal/

Next

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum