I haven't seen this board groovin like this in a long time.

Started by Stinky McPeterson

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

41 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 09 Jan 2017, 10:06 pm

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 14,446.13

A Farewell to Arms » 09 Jan 2017 9:01 pm wrote:
semi civil

sense of humor

good talk

decent topics

it is like a tasters choice moment for the board.....................keep it up shitfucks
Accidents happen, nigger.

I blame myself, for keeping it civil.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 09 Jan 2017, 10:52 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

A Farewell to Arms » 09 Jan 2017 9:42 pm wrote:

true...but the timing of it was perfect

you know...i drink one cup in the am....never really enjoyed the taste of coffee...so it don't matter to me much if i have instant

however i did have a cup of cuban coffee in miami international...it was delicious......however..after i had it , i felt like running full sprint through the airport...no wonder them cubans are always super duper uppity
I don't know if this is still true, but the last time I went through Miami and had a sufficient layover, I got a meal at a cuban joint which was generously portioned, delicious, and priced at what I would consider reasonable in a non-airport setting.

Those cubans, they bring more to the table than just babaloo and baseball.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 09 Jan 2017, 10:52 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

A Farewell to Arms » 09 Jan 2017 9:01 pm wrote:
semi civil

sense of humor

good talk

decent topics

it is like a tasters choice moment for the board.....................keep it up shitfucks
The piccolo player's a mother fucker.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 09 Jan 2017, 11:31 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Redrock » 09 Jan 2017 10:22 pm wrote:
I love a good Cuban sammich. Go ahead. Make a joke of me between Ricky Ricardo and Fidel Castro.
lol

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 10 Jan 2017, 3:55 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Chuck busted me out on this one, and used authoritative reference materials when I wiggled - so don't wiggle - just take it.

The proper expression is hear, hear.

Or else it was the opposite. The point is, I got niggled on this, and now you did, too. :ninja:

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 10 Jan 2017, 4:04 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

deezer shoove » 10 Jan 2017 2:08 pm wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I drink lots of coffee. Different places. Many types suck bad.

In fact, I don't even know any good brands anymore.
There are damned few actual good coffees and good makers paired together out there.

I went out and got a decent percolator and some Eight O'Clock coffee. Just like my granny made.
Total mediocre effort. Was it the pot, the water, Eight O'Clock is made by Chinese now? :\

I'll keep looking. Maybe the secret is with The Honest Man. I'll keep looking for him too.
At the end of the day, the quality of the beans is far less important than how they are roasted. There are only two methods: Slow roasted to perfection, or flash roasted to one dimension. Most are flash roasted.

To give you a sense of this, Starbucks' Verhona brand is slow roasted - everything else they offer is a flash roast, real cup o' shit.

There are loads of roast types - from light breakfast roasts to full dark Italian espressos. I like a shade darker than a French, so I buy the Guatemalan whole bean at Trader Joes. 8 bucks gets 13 ounces of perfect java, making me a happy pointer. This Guatemalan blend is fairly traded and organic, yet reasonably priced and consistently great.

All of Trader Joe's coffees are very good - and the fairly traded ones are a square deal. All other dealers in fairly traded beans that I've been able to find are scoundrels. The beans are not fairly traded at all - they've just shifted the ass rape from Juan Valdez to YOU. :twisted:

If you go to your local Trader Joe's and buy a fairly traded bean in your desired roast, you will be delighted with what your ADC produces. The secret's in the roast, and TJ's takes its time, every time. They get it right.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 10 Jan 2017, 7:09 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

deezer shoove » 10 Jan 2017 6:00 pm wrote:
I will check into it. Even the Verhona from Starbucks.
It's been a few years since I tested the Verhona, but my best information from a friend is that it's still being done right - when I was in North Dakota, and ran out of good coffee, that was what I grabbed to get me through. :)

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 10 Jan 2017, 10:59 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

A Farewell to Arms » 10 Jan 2017 7:06 pm wrote:
now i remeber when i was a kid working in a restaurant...they had this old commercial coiffee maker................it probably would be one of the smoothest, rich joe you ever had

i also remember bringing that coffee from maui........kahuna or sumptin like that....very good chit
Back in the day, flash-roasting technology did not yet exist. When it came in, they slowly mixed and sold flash-roasted beans with slow roasted beans to acclimate us to drinking shit. Being sheep, we acclimated.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 10 Jan 2017, 11:05 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

deezer shoove » 10 Jan 2017 9:00 pm wrote:

It seems like everything I have ever tried that "enhanced" the cuppa Joe ended up in the wrong direction.
Like the hazelnut and french vanilla shit all over the place today... blecchhh.

Maybe chicory is in my mental shit box file cabinet unjustifiably... I will try it to be sure.
I am guardedly un-optimistic. :cool:
Chickory has a distinct flavor - it was used to stretch coffee, even replace coffee, when our merchant fleet was busy in WWI and WWII with the lucrative job of supplying our troops.

Some folks grew to like it - not unlike the british troops whose gin ration was mixed with the tonic water they hated and the lime they detested, in order to get them to take their anti-malarial (tonic, i.e., quinine) and anti-scurvy, anti-rickets (lime) medicines (Yes, food is medicine - sue me, big pharma).

A taste for it lingers in cultures that venerate the old (places like minnesota). I learned to like it myself, from my beloved Grandmother, whose portrait, commissioned by me in 1997, graces the wall I can see from my current perch.

But it's not coffee. It's chicory.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 10 Jan 2017, 11:08 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Annoyed Liberall » 10 Jan 2017 7:29 pm wrote:
Cafe Du Monde is better. I stocked up on it last time I was there. That was before Amazon.
When I managed a Vietnamese restaurant, we used to make something called Saigon Coffee. It was Cafe Du Monde with sweetened condensed milk in a little french press. Amazing!
Yeah, Vietnamese coffee rocks the planet - love the stuff.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,446 10 Jan 2017, 11:10 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

crimsongulf » 10 Jan 2017 7:17 pm wrote:
It is a Gulf coast nawlins thing. Coffee with chicory, y'all wouldn't understand.
I understand it - it's a shortage thing, turned cultural thing.

Chicory was used to stretch real coffee, and some folks got a taste for it.

Coon asses, it must be acknowledged, are not famous for good sense.

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum