How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

Started by Enemy No1 Gnostic

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Next
101 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by Enemy No1 Gnostic
  435 14 Nov 2017, 8:34 am

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 435.04

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL

Hypocrisy's Photo
Posted by Hypocrisy
  216 14 Nov 2017, 8:40 am

Hypocrisy   

Capitalist Capitalist political affiliation
Politics: Capitalist
Money: 216.24

Enemy No1 Gnostic » 14 Nov 2017 7:34 am wrote:

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL
sounds like you (self proclaimed) have your shit together, the rest of us are just screwed.

roadkill's Photo
Posted by roadkill
  9,314 14 Nov 2017, 8:40 am

roadkill       

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 9,314.02

"As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught."

Your approach seems to run contrary to your religion.

Posted by NeoConvict
  20,804 14 Nov 2017, 8:44 am

NeoConvict User avatar

Money: 20,803.57

God is the arbiter of morality. You can find that concept repulsive and depraved but your opinion changes nothing. He determines what He wants from His creation. You can comply or gnash your teeth and whine. God created man with free will and has been pretty hands off. Occasionally I wish we had a more active Deity, one that would smite the wicked when they harm the innocent but we don't. God, as the creator of the universe, has put in motion everything you see, hear, feel, and experience. You are nothing but a back story, a stage prop, an actor without a line in a soap opera that has spanned thousands of years. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Posted by Bigsky
  58,843 14 Nov 2017, 8:53 am

Bigsky User avatar

Money: 58,843.21

NeoConvict » 14 Nov 2017 7:44 am wrote:
God is the arbiter of morality. You can find that concept repulsive and depraved but your opinion changes nothing. He determines what He wants from His creation. You can comply or gnash your teeth and whine. God created man with free will and has been pretty hands off. Occasionally I wish we had a more active Deity, one that would smite the wicked when they harm the innocent but we don't. God, as the creator of the universe, has put in motion everything you see, hear, feel, and experience. You are nothing but a back story, a stage prop, an actor without a line in a soap opera that has spanned thousands of years. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

and dread the ending......it doesn't sound like he is going to enjoy the encore.....

larryc12's Photo
Posted by larryc12
  15,703 14 Nov 2017, 9:13 am

larryc12       

Money: 15,703.21

Regards
DL

I thought you said you don't believe in Satan. :blink:

Posted by Famagusta
  493 14 Nov 2017, 9:25 am

Famagusta User avatar

Libertarian Libertarian political affiliation
Politics: Libertarian
Money: 492.73

Why shouldn't God be immoral? Or amoral?

After all He created us in His image. And just look at us!

The way some insects behave to each other. Surely a devilish creation.

Posted by Stinky McPeterson
  4,153 14 Nov 2017, 9:32 am

Stinky McPeterson User avatar

Imperialist Imperialist political affiliation
Politics: Imperialist
Money: 4,152.79

Regards
DL

men are not holy angels mr fucking boring turd

we are all so flawed especially you.we fail, we learn, we grow...we fail we learn we grow

seems you atheists are the most flawed among us..............why do you post all that shit...link it, give an opinion and stfu

Posted by jamessouth
  1,525 14 Nov 2017, 1:15 pm

jamessouth User avatar

Money: 1,525.19

Simple common sense should dictate how to live an honorable life. The basic teachings of Christ are sound lessons to live by: Do no harm in My Name - - - - Go & try to sin no more. Like I said, that alone is a hard road to march in life.

Posted by deezer shoove
  11,031 14 Nov 2017, 1:35 pm

deezer shoove Bangalore Torpedo

Location: 3rd in line (human centipede). Light warm breeze very near anus.
Money: 11,031.19

How and why ...

Regards
DL

Mark 6:11 (ESV)
And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.

You have worn thin, can't take a hint, are beyond preachy, and yet you continue.
Has anyone engaged your "campaign to save us" from your rickety pedestal?

Not really... shake the dust, your work is done here.

435 14 Nov 2017, 7:07 pm

Hypocrisy » 14 Nov 2017 7:40 am wrote:
sounds like you (self proclaimed) have your shit together, the rest of us are just screwed.

At least I put my views out to be criticized and hang around to argue my points.

Theist just tuck their immoral tails and run away as they know they cannot justify adoring their genocidal son murdering God.

Do you have your shit together in light of this quote.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. [url=file:///C:/quotes/quotes/e/eleanorroo385439.html]Eleanor Roosevelt[/url]

I would say no and that you have shown your small mind, aswell as your lack of a decent moral sense.

Regards
DL

435 14 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm

roadkill » 14 Nov 2017 7:40 am wrote:
"As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught."

Your approach seems to run contrary to your religion.

How so?

Regards
DL

435 14 Nov 2017, 7:12 pm

So that is what your belief in your God has cause you to think of yourself and others.

I pity you my friend.

How and when did you decide that you should let a genocidal son murdering prick decide your morals for you?

I will wager that you just picked up on your family tradition and have never discussed your prick God's morals.

Here is your chance if you have the balls.

Regards
DL

435 14 Nov 2017, 7:13 pm

larryc12 » 14 Nov 2017 8:13 am wrote:

I thought you said you don't believe in Satan. :blink:

I do not.

Only fools believe in Satan.

Regards
DL

435 14 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm

Famagusta » 14 Nov 2017 8:25 am wrote:
Why shouldn't God be immoral? Or amoral?

After all He created us in His image. And just look at us!

The way some insects behave to each other. Surely a devilish creation.

Exactly.

Regards
DL

435 14 Nov 2017, 7:18 pm

jamessouth » 14 Nov 2017 12:15 pm wrote:
Simple common sense should dictate how to live an honorable life. The basic teachings of Christ are sound lessons to live by: Do no harm in My Name - - - - Go & try to sin no more. Like I said, that alone is a hard road to march in life.

I can live with some of what Jesus taught and follow his Gnostic Christian Jesus' teaching in as fundamental a way as I can. But my Jesus is not the one you are likely thinking of. You are used to the Rome created Jesus.

Apply your simple common sense to this and opine on it please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ

Jesus also promotes a no-divorce for women policy and the church has him advocating for substitutionary punishment.

Do you see those as moral?

Regards
DL

435 14 Nov 2017, 7:23 pm

deezer shoove » 14 Nov 2017 12:35 pm wrote:

Mark 6:11 (ESV)
And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.

You have worn thin, can't take a hint, are beyond preachy, and yet you continue.
Has anyone engaged your "campaign to save us" from your rickety pedestal?

Not really... shake the dust, your work is done here.

How many embraced those preaching to adore a genocidal son murdering God?

Few, and that is why Christianity had to resort to Inquisitions and murder to grow their religion as they had no worthy and moral arguments to present.

Regards
DL

Posted by nuckin futz
  21,908 14 Nov 2017, 7:28 pm

nuckin futz User avatar

Politics: Independent
Money: 21,908.30

My God! We're all going to burn in Hell!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Hell is on this earth, and Satan often poses as God!

I have seen possesed people act out and destroy others! :cry:

roadkill's Photo
Posted by roadkill
  9,314 14 Nov 2017, 7:55 pm

roadkill       

Money: 9,314.02

Maybe you should carefully review your own OP.

Don't worry about me...I'm harmless. :)

Posted by NeoConvict
  20,804 14 Nov 2017, 8:01 pm

NeoConvict User avatar

Money: 20,803.57

Enemy No1 Gnostic » 14 Nov 2017 6:12 pm wrote:

So that is what your belief in your God has cause you to think of yourself and others.

I pity you my friend.

How and when did you decide that you should let a genocidal son murdering prick decide your morals for you?

I will wager that you just picked up on your family tradition and have never discussed your prick God's morals.

Here is your chance if you have the balls.

Regards
DL

We are created beings. Pondering the morality of the Creator would be as silly as Tom Sawyer considering the morality of Mark Twain. We are simply not capable of such a feat. Most of the evil in the world is caused by man. God, all things considered, is pretty hands off. The ultimate purpose of life is unknown. I do find creation wonderful. Love, hate, art, science, pain, pleasure, sacrifice, family, music. First kisses and long goodbyes. All the Myriad of experiences that comprise the Human Condition and existence have been an honor and a pleasure to behold first-hand.

Next

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum