We just lost the election

Debate the issues that are the valued by liberals in this political chat forum. Try to stay on topic and respect your fellow liberals. We all feel strongly about certain issues. Keep that in mind as you debate with your peersin the liberal forum. Forum Rules
Forum rules
      
Rules For The Liberal's Only Room

Please read the Forum Rules before posting. Feel free to browse but only Liberals may post in this room
25 posts
User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 361
Politics: Democratic

We just lost the supreme court, and we just lost our Constitution. I can't believe Pelosi and Schumer didn't see this coming. What they hell were they thinking? They knew McConnell was setting them up for THE PIG, they had to have. My opinion is that they should have taken the deal and let it play out. Look everyone, now you get less money because of republican swine. Going into the election that would be good ammunition. This election was going to be tight as it was, and now ignorant people are going to vote with their pocket book. The best we can hope for now is a Democrat majority in the senate, and now I have my doubts about that. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but that's what it looks like. I really don't see how we can get a win. I believe maybe in four more years we might have a chance, a good chance because THE PIG will have to leave office.
Log in or Register to remove ads


User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 298
Politics: Progressive

JeanMoulin » 08 Aug 2020, 8:20 pm » wrote: We just lost the supreme court, and we just lost our Constitution. I can't believe Pelosi and Schumer didn't see this coming. What they hell were they thinking? They knew McConnell was setting them up for THE PIG, they had to have. My opinion is that they should have taken the deal and let it play out. Look everyone, now you get less money because of republican swine. Going into the election that would be good ammunition. This election was going to be tight as it was, and now ignorant people are going to vote with their pocket book. The best we can hope for now is a Democrat majority in the senate, and now I have my doubts about that. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but that's what it looks like. I really don't see how we can get a win. I believe maybe in four more years we might have a chance, a good chance because THE PIG will have to leave office.

I get your drift regarding the lack of a deal to secure fiscal spending for the extension of unemployment insurance. Trump announced that he was going to sign an executive order that would allow temporary relief of unemployment - and then he said like a zealot, with an extra four hundred a week - as though he is the hero. Of course he wants to also cut payroll taxes and make that cut permanent - who needs medicare. I'm sure someone like McConnell would say to that, Well done Mr. President. 
Look, it's an utter circus right now. Trump is going down. Not sure what I'll do if he doesn't, hard to move to Canada - but I don't want to. No he is going down otherwise we are completely screwed.
P.S. Please hold on RBG - your country needs you!

User avatar
supraTruth

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,553
Politics: Democratic
Location: Internet
Contact:

OlderGuy » 08 Aug 2020, 8:41 pm » wrote: I get your drift regarding the lack of a deal to secure fiscal spending for the extension of unemployment insurance. Trump announced that he was going to sign an executive order that would allow temporary relief of unemployment - and then he said like a zealot, with an extra four hundred a week - as though he is the hero. Of course he wants to also cut payroll taxes and make that cut permanent - who needs medicare. I'm sure someone like McConnell would say to that, Well done Mr. President. 
Look, it's an utter circus right now. Trump is going down. Not sure what I'll do if he doesn't, hard to move to Canada - but I don't want to. No he is going down otherwise we are completely screwed.
P.S. Please hold on RBG - your country needs you!
$300(+100 if states have it)/wk. is not enough to keep people afloat.  By November the whole nation will realize that.

#BlueWave2020

User avatar
Coolguy10013

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,247
Politics: Liberal
Location: New York, New York

JeanMoulin » 08 Aug 2020, 8:20 pm » wrote: We just lost the supreme court, and we just lost our Constitution. I can't believe Pelosi and Schumer didn't see this coming. What they hell were they thinking? They knew McConnell was setting them up for THE PIG, they had to have. My opinion is that they should have taken the deal and let it play out. Look everyone, now you get less money because of republican swine. Going into the election that would be good ammunition. This election was going to be tight as it was, and now ignorant people are going to vote with their pocket book. The best we can hope for now is a Democrat majority in the senate, and now I have my doubts about that. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but that's what it looks like. I really don't see how we can get a win. I believe maybe in four more years we might have a chance, a good chance because THE PIG will have to leave office.
I don't think it means anything. It's a little too late. People are not that stupid. Everyone knows it's a stunt. I still think all it's going to take is for people to get out the polls and vote. We still have this. 
When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

Stephen Hawking said 'people who boast about their IQ are losers'

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 298
Politics: Progressive

Coolguy10013 » 08 Aug 2020, 9:02 pm » wrote: I don't think it means anything. It's a little too late. People are not that stupid. Everyone knows it's a stunt. I still think all it's going to take is for people to get out the polls and vote. We still have this.

I agree. People should be smarter than that. The madness swells when you think about 2007/8 and the lack of required fiscal relief that made the economic rebound so darn slow. It's hard as heck politically when you have Mitch leading the Senate and doing nothing. Face it, we have a moron for president, and the house is forced to deal with this moron. Politically Mitch loves it. He does nothing, like always when it comes down to doing anything for the American people. As JeanMoulin correctly stated, that's how Mitch plays the damn game.

User avatar
Coolguy10013

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,247
Politics: Liberal
Location: New York, New York

OlderGuy » 08 Aug 2020, 9:09 pm » wrote: I agree. People should be smarter than that. The madness swells when you think about 2007/8 and the lack of required fiscal relief that made the economic rebound so darn slow. It's hard as heck politically when you have Mitch leading the Senate and doing nothing. Face it, we have a moron for president, and the house is forced to deal with this moron. Politically Mitch loves it. He does nothing, like always when it comes down to doing anything for the American people. As JeanMoulin correctly stated, that's how Mitch plays the damn game.
The other thing is, "Old Fake Pumpkin" does have the authority to do this. It's up to Congress.  I''m pretty sure this will be a fail for him. 
When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

Stephen Hawking said 'people who boast about their IQ are losers'

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 298
Politics: Progressive

The states are all in bad shape and we need a Trillion to shore them up - clearly. The 3 trillion dollar bill by the house makes perfect sense for many reasons. However, we do not have rational actors in place to make the right decisions at this point in time. This joke of a president who should have been ousted by impeachment still has support by Senate Republicans, and most of the Republican morons still left in the house.

User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 361
Politics: Democratic

Coolguy10013 » 08 Aug 2020, 9:02 pm » wrote: I don't think it means anything. It's a little too late. People are not that stupid. Everyone knows it's a stunt. I still think all it's going to take is for people to get out the polls and vote. We still have this.
People are that stupid. People are hurting, and they are dying, but they still need that money that THE PIG has given them. They don't understand that it will hurt them in the long run. They need that money and they need it now. I still can't believe that our Democrat congress played right into THE PIG's hands. They should have taken the deal and used it against these swine. It's time congress stops being civil and saying things like " our honorable friends across the isle" and call them out as the fascist they are. Time to get tough. They should start realizing that they are not honorable. The old days of civil politics are gone.  

 
 

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 298
Politics: Progressive

JeanMoulin » 08 Aug 2020, 9:16 pm » wrote: People are that stupid. People are hurting, and they are dying, but they still need that money that THE PIG has given them. They don't understand that it will hurt them in the long run. They need that money and they need it now. I still can't believe that our Democrat congress played right into THE PIG's hands. They should have taken the deal and used it against these swine. It's time congress stops being civil and saying things like " our honorable friends across the isle" and call them out as the fascist they are. Time to get tough. They should start realizing that they are not honorable. The old days of civil politic are gone.

well in many respects it's hard to argue with what you're saying. During this shutdown I've been boning up on economic study. I can tell you worldwide the best economist are looking at this dope, and the American republican party and scratching their heads. People are hurting, inequality is really quite apparent to most these days. I pray people are not evicted - can you imagine millions being evicted during a pandemic? It is this ugly spiral of lunacy  / and it's no wonder you have people out in the streets. How could cooler heads prevail is the question of the day, the 80 or so days ahead.

User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 361
Politics: Democratic

Coolguy10013 » 08 Aug 2020, 9:13 pm » wrote: The other thing is, "Old Fake Pumpkin" does have the authority to do this. It's up to Congress.  I''m pretty sure this will be a fail for him.
He does not have the authority according to our constitution to do it, but it would have to go before the SCOTUS. When and if that will happen? Long after the election.
 

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 298
Politics: Progressive



User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 361
Politics: Democratic

Make no mistake. I do appreciate everyone's word of encouragement, but I'm a realist, and this does not bode well for a Democrat win. All the good words are not going to make me sleep better tonight.

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 298
Politics: Progressive

sorry for posting that crazy scene just now. This fellow is absolutely pulling all the fascist punches in the book. It is a nightmare for sure. Most of us liberal/progressive minded folks knew this from the start. That's why we got sick that night he got elected. I have colleagues all over the world, they would call me up and say, is this real. Obviously they know we aren't like this. But they are scared as well.
This is the wrong way to go by a long shot. Get your young college students out there to vote. Make sure you talk to people in your states, we need the mail in ballots, we need the barcoded ballots, and the ability to drop them off at secure places take some of the load of the post office workers. We cannot lose this one!

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 298
Politics: Progressive

JeanMoulin » 08 Aug 2020, 9:40 pm » wrote: Make no mistake. I do appreciate everyone's word of encouragement, but I'm a realist, and this does not bode well for a Democrat win. All the good words are not going to make me sleep better tonight.
hold on, I know how you feel and I second that feeling. All I can say is hold on...


 

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 298
Politics: Progressive

JeanMoulin » 08 Aug 2020, 9:40 pm » wrote: Make no mistake. I do appreciate everyone's word of encouragement, but I'm a realist, and this does not bode well for a Democrat win. All the good words are not going to make me sleep better tonight.

JeanMoulin, I have a lot of liberal friends and know a lot of young people. The Bernie crowd is going to go Biden because they understand the score. You cannot screw around with this guy!

User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 361
Politics: Democratic

OlderGuy » 08 Aug 2020, 9:45 pm » wrote: JeanMoulin, I have a lot of liberal friends and know a lot of young people. The Bernie crowd is going to go Biden because they understand the score. You cannot screw around with this guy!
I hope you're right because it will take every Sanders and HRC supporters to make that happen. I'm not so sure about some of the Sanders and the independents. We still have the south and the hog and corn farmers, and the EC. I've already sent an email to Pelosi. She is not going to like it.
 

User avatar
Older Guy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 298
Politics: Progressive

JeanMoulin » 08 Aug 2020, 9:54 pm » wrote: I hope you're right because it will take every Sanders and HRC supporters to make that happen. I'm not so sure about some of the Sanders and the independents. We still have the south and the hog and corn farmers, and the EC. I've already sent an email to Pelosi. She is not going to like it.

We also got a lot of Republicans working on this - they see the road quite clearly

User avatar
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 361
Politics: Democratic

OlderGuy » 08 Aug 2020, 10:05 pm » wrote: We also got a lot of Republicans working on this - they see the road quite clearly
I don't trust those fascist  swine. They are all in this together. Granted, there were a few high ranking German army members that plotted to kill Hitler. Remember what became of them? There's not enough of decent republicans to stop this nightmare.
 

User avatar
Olivaw

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,928
Politics: Liberal

Black Lives MatterDemocratic Party 1PPE Mask
JeanMoulin » 08 Aug 2020, 8:20 pm » wrote: We just lost the supreme court, and we just lost our Constitution. I can't believe Pelosi and Schumer didn't see this coming. What they hell were they thinking? They knew McConnell was setting them up for THE PIG, they had to have. My opinion is that they should have taken the deal and let it play out. Look everyone, now you get less money because of republican swine. Going into the election that would be good ammunition. This election was going to be tight as it was, and now ignorant people are going to vote with their pocket book. The best we can hope for now is a Democrat majority in the senate, and now I have my doubts about that. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but that's what it looks like. I really don't see how we can get a win. I believe maybe in four more years we might have a chance, a good chance because THE PIG will have to leave office.
Don’t fret. Republican obstructionism set this up and it will backfire, like it always does. 
The only way Trump gets to 270 is if he loses 50 pounds

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Othervoice and 349 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads